Shopping in Tampa Bay prior to cruise

3red7s

Hello folks, We are leaving on the Grandeur of the Seas (an oldie, but hopefully, a goodie) on June 16th out of Tampa.  We are hoping to buy a couple bottle of wines prior to cruising.  It looks like there is some shopping on Channelside.  Question:  Is it an easy enough walk to go to the store, drag our luggage behind us & buy some wine, then back to the dock to board?  (we are not in our 20's) 

13 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

Hello folks, We are leaving on the Grandeur of the Seas (an oldie, but hopefully, a goodie) on June 16th out of Tampa.  We are hoping to buy a couple bottle of wines prior to cruising.  It looks like there is some shopping on Channelside.  Question:  Is it an easy enough walk to go to the store, drag our luggage behind us & buy some wine, then back to the dock to board?  (we are not in our 20's) 

Assuming there is a liquor/wine store in the Channelside shopping center (I can't recall what all stores are in that shopping center), it is very walkable, especially since it looks like you will go out of terminal 2.  I'm pretty sure I also remember seeing a wine store a couple blocks from there in the downtown area which is a flat area with sidewalks.

28 minutes ago, 3red7s said:

What's the address of the store?  Also consider leaving one person at the dock with the luggage while sending the other one to get the wine.

• Like 1

There is a Publix Greenwise grocery store about 3 blocks from the port.  It is in the ground floor of The Heron building.  Publix has a great selection of wine.  I’m not sure if this location has a liquor store as well.  And it’s totally walkable from the port.  

IMG_9365.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3red7s said:

Is it an easy enough walk to go to the store, drag our luggage behind us & buy some wine, then back to the dock to board?

As mentioned, have one person check in the luggage and wait at the terminal while the second person gets the wine (with nothing but a simple bag).

22 hours ago, time4u2go said:

What's the address of the store?  Also consider leaving one person at the dock with the luggage while sending the other one to get the wine.

good idea 

22 hours ago, Bertaelflamingo said:

There is a Publix Greenwise grocery store about 3 blocks from the port.  It is in the ground floor of The Heron building.  Publix has a great selection of wine.  I’m not sure if this location has a liquor store as well.  And it’s totally walkable from the port.  

IMG_9365.png

great info & map....thank you!!

• Like 1