BON VOYAGE Coral Princess World Cruisers 2024

7 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I was interested to see that your Destination Expert is Luka, not Hutch (Bernard Hutchison) who has been doing the world cruises for many years. 🙂

Luka was on Coral when we were on Coral in 2022. I remember chatting to him when we were waiting to book the Round Australia cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Princess have three new production shows on this cruise. We missed the first one, Disco, as we were too tired that night. However we went to "Do you wanna dance" last night. It was amazing. It showcased the dancers with numbers covering rock and roll, Spanish dancing, some sort of Asian dance, and the most amazing Irish dancing. It was an excellent show and we'll go to it again if we can. We don't know what the third one is yet. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Luka was on Coral when we were on Coral in 2022. I remember chatting to him when we were waiting to book the Round Australia cruise.

I remember him too, very informative and enjoyable info sessions

On June 2, I went on the ships excursion to Mogan with a brief stop at Maspalomas dunes. You can't walk on the dunes as they are protected and roped off but some people do 🙄. In Mogan I enjoyed wandering around and taking pics of whitewashed buildings with hanging bougainvillea. I could have chosen an excursion with more substance but I'd been to Gran Canaria before, Our departure was delayed 2h as the divers were still down cleaning the hull.

IMG_7264 (1).jpg

IMG_7324 (1).jpg

IMG_7356 (1).jpg

IMG_7361 (1).jpg

IMG_7380 (1).jpg

IMG_7310 (1).jpg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

June 4 , I took the ships excursion for a walk through the medina and a visit to the museum, refreshment stop at the Intercontinental hotel and then a visit to St Andrews Anglican Church. I had been to Tangier years ago, the vendors were no where near as pushy as before or perhaps now I'm much older they know I don't want to hoard junk! and don't bother. A few postcards and a fridge magnet are my regular souvenir staples, You can walk through the medina yourself but I was so thankful for the guide's helper as there are a lot of steps and no rails to hang onto so he took my arm in places to stop me falling head first onto concrete! Very warm day.

IMG_7443 (1).jpg

IMG_7452 (7).jpg

IMG_7457 (1).jpg

IMG_7472 (1).jpg

IMG_7504 (1).jpg

IMG_7506.JPG

IMG_7507 (7).jpg

IMG_7522 (1).jpg

IMG_7524 (1).jpg

IMG_7556 (1).jpg

IMG_7563 (1).jpg

IMG_7594 (1).jpg

IMG_7595 (1).jpg

Edited by Yaya_in_Oz
  • Like 7

June 5 at sea.

Had a medivac this evening. A short while after asking people, particularly after on the Port side to stay off the open decks and off their balconies, the Captain in a terse tone told the people on the Port side "to go back to their rooms, shut their balcony doors, Now!" Some people, at best, were acting like school kids wanting to take pictures of the helicopter and see what was going on. They weren't asked to shut the curtains. You would think common sense would prevail as anything could be thrown around and why would you make a difficult situation, more difficult. I'm on the Starboard side so didn't hear anything.

IMG_7590 (7).jpg

IMG_7591 (1).jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

June 6 at sea.

I was informed by letter my immigration time was 7.30 am! Seriously. I haven't been up that early in days. Apparently some people got 12.30 pm. Not sure how they worked it out but it only took a few minutes. No lines at that time.

The ports will be coming thick and fast now. Very chilly today so I might need some warmer clothing tomorrow when I venture over to Spike Island. I've been to Cobh twice before and the surrounding area by land travel so its time I went over there.

IMG_7592 (1).jpg

IMG_7593 (1).jpg

Edited by Yaya_in_Oz
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Yaya_in_Oz said:

In Mogan I enjoyed wandering around and taking pics of whitewashed buildings with hanging bougainvillea

I enjoyed all your photos but the one in Mogan were just beautiful.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

After leaving Tanger, Morocco Coral Princess had two days at sea heading to Cobh.

Top of the morning to the Coral Princess who is docked in Cobh, Ireland today:

coral-bridge0706202402.jpg

coralprincess-ais07062024.jpg

Edited by Kiwi_cruiser
  • Like 3

After leaving Cobh, Ireland Coral Princess had a day at sea, before arriving in Zeebrugge, Belgium today:

coral-bridge09062024.jpg

coralprincess-ais09062024.jpg

Tomorrow Coral Princess will be in Ijmuiden (Amsterdam), Netherlands.

14 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

After leaving Cobh, Ireland Coral Princess had a day at sea, before arriving in Zeebrugge, Belgium today:

coral-bridge09062024.jpg

coralprincess-ais09062024.jpg

Tomorrow Coral Princess will be in Ijmuiden (Amsterdam), Netherlands.

Can’t believe we missed each other by 48 hrs.  We were in Cobh on Queen Anne last Wednesday. We then had a sea day and disembarked in Southampton Friday.  cobh is a lovely town with charming, welcoming people.  Woke up in Sydney this morning.  Great to be almost home.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

Today the Coral Princess is visiting Ijmuiden (Amsterdam),Netherlands:

coral-bridge10062024.jpg

coral-princess-ais-11062024.jpg

I am in Amsterdam right now… en-route to the UK to join in Dover. Sadly, shitty weather forecast for the next week or so ( due to low atmospheric pressure drawing cold wet air from the Arctic) but should be a lot better by third week of June 😎

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DrT33th said:

Sadly, shitty weather forecast for the next week or so

I hope they it doesn't follow them into the Baltic.

13 hours ago, DrT33th said:

but should be a lot better by third week of June

Excellent, that's when we will be turning up in the UK. Right now at home it is cold, raining, blowing a gale and getting dark very early so I'm looking forward to some nice weather. 🙂

We've just had the special buffet brunch in the Bordeaux MDR. It runs 10am to 1pm. 

There was a vast array of foods, even lobster. Sorry no photos as it was total chaos with people getting food and too many other people taking photos and not looking where/what they were doing! I nearly lost my plate of food twice from photographers not knowing/caring who was around them. So I wasn't going to add to the chaos. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

After leaving Ijmuiden (Amsterdam),Netherlands. Coral Princess had a day at sea before docking in Warnemünde, Germany today:

coral-bridge12062024.jpg

coralprincess-ais12062024.jpg

Coral Princess has been joined by Viking Neptune (in front) and AIDAmar.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kiwi_cruiser said:

After leaving Ijmuiden (Amsterdam),Netherlands. Coral Princess had a day at sea before docking in Warnemünde, Germany today:

coral-bridge12062024.jpg

coralprincess-ais12062024.jpg

Coral Princess has been joined by Viking Neptune (in front) and AIDAmar.

Warnemunde is a really lovely town to simply step off the ship and wander up and down the street right there, with some interesting market stalls.

Really enjoying your travels;  thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

June 10. I'd not been to Amsterdam so booked on the ships tour of Amsterdam on your own plus Canal Cruise. It rained the whole time except for most of the canal cruise. Cold and a bit windy. By the time we arrived back at the terminal it was blowing a gale and walking the few hundred meters from the terminal to the ship was an obstacle course. At one point I was blown off my feet into a stack of wooden crates (not too hard). Deck 4 was open but they wouldn't let me on pointing me to a ramp further down the ship. I just said well thats not fair but thats not what I was thinking! To get there I had to walk through puddles and arrived back at my cabin looking and feeling worse than the wreck of the Hesperus. My steward said 'are you all right, you're soaking wet. I was wearing an emergency poncho which kept my stuff and torso dry but my hair and feet were dripping.  A lady walking near me thought it was a good idea to use an umbrella. Needless to say most things she had blew away but as luck would have it the prevailing wind was blowing towards the cruise terminal and not the water. Another lady who was doing her best to shelter herself walked too near the dock and got roused at. Thats all I saw but you get the drift. I guess they weren't allowed for security reasons to let the bus drive onto the dock and pull up in front of the ramp.

The IJMuiden Cruise Terminal is about 1 hr from Amsterdam and not easy to get to by public transport, so I would recommend a tour or on your own with the ship. As it was there were 4 people who tried to get on our bus who had gone independently. Luckily, the guide sorted it all out. My bus was full and a couple had to split up with one going on another bus so no room for stowaways as the guide put it.

Anyway, June 11 was another day. I was so happy my shoes had dried overnight and I didn't have to attack them with a hairdryer and I felt a lot better too.

Coming up now, we have 6 port days. 5 I have been to before so if the weather is like that again I won't be spending much time onshore if at all. But there is always something new. Tomorrow we are in Riga and I haven't seen the Art Nouveau buildings or the KGB museum. I'll see how far I get with that. Anyway, busy, busy.

A couple or recent Patters.

IMG_4309 (1).jpg

IMG_4310 (1).jpg

IMG_4311 (1).jpg

IMG_4312 (1).jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

How have the shows and activities been, particularly with the variety? Our turn for Dover to Sydney next year, and while we booked for the itinerary and love a Princess day at sea, there is quite a lot of them. 

On 6/14/2024 at 3:57 AM, Yaya_in_Oz said:

Tomorrows Patter

Thanks for the posts @Yaya_in_Oz

I note on your patter for Riga that it stated original passports needed to be carried ashore.

Where these checked leaving or rejoining the ship ?

Have there been any other ports so far where mandatory carriage of passports is required ? 

It’s usually the first port in Europe.  For our QA British Isles cruise, it was Cobh (Ireland).  18 months ago on Oceania’s Sirena, it was Kiel, I seem to remember.  For Kiel, we had to disembark and front up in person with passports.  For Cobh 19 days ago, we simply lodged our passports with the Purser’s office.  QA staff took care of the whole operation, and we collected our passports 2 days later.