Saint Greg's Carnival Horizon ABC - Live - April 27, 2024

Posted (edited)

The line holdup is they have a guy with a dog. They’re making everyone walk in pairs side by side along this one walkway if you don’t do it right you have to do it again. That holds the entire line up.

I’ve only seen this once before. Houston IAH during Covid May 2021 when I flew to Cozumel.

The girls behind me are from Houston. They say they’ve never seen it before so I don’t think it’s common practice there.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

Through security 10:48. It was a little different. You have to put everything from your pockets in your bag. No trays. We didn’t have to take our shoes off. I didn’t have to take my tablet out. They had a body scanner but I didn’t have to go there.

IMG_0035.jpeg

• Like 5

Just as I approached the gate they called zone 2. I haven’t eaten or drank anything today and that’s how I’m going home. But I made it.

IMG_0038.thumb.jpeg.8b7d1e82af31293b9899fa3b90a744b6.jpeg

IMG_0042.thumb.jpeg.78d4a8673fbdbe0a6867e01cbd8b8c8c.jpeg

IMG_0043.thumb.jpeg.14704d413fba0d2053a56052261d3fac.jpeg

• Like 19

Whew you made it through. The other night I changed my 11am flight from Seattle to SA to 1:30pm to Austin. I decided I just couldn't spend 7 cruising days worrying about it which I would have.

Definitely want to do the ABC itinerary and still have to make a cruise out of NY happen and that's the end of my list. 

Thank you for your time and effort as always, safe travels and hope your car fiasco ends soon!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Saint Greg said:

Check Uber Lyft again.  I still don’t know where they pick up at.

IMG_0009.jpeg

IMG_0010.jpeg

I agree the signage is terrible for uber/lyft.  If they haven't changed it, you walk underneath the garage and make a left when you hit the concrete barricades and walk parallel to the barricades until you can get through.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Apparently one girl who just boarded..just got off of this plane. The crew remember her because she was in a rush to get off of the plane to make her connection. She gets off and finds out she’s going right back on the same plane.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Haha 19

It would be real convenient if all airports had the same rules. Going one way my carry on is fine. Return trip not so much. Now I have to argue & prove it fits in that ***sizer.

One airport hubby has to take the CPAP out of it's case. Next time no. After he has it half unpacked.

The dog thing had our "instructor" yelling at everyone..."get into a double line, I don't care if you know the person or not!"

Yes use the tray, no, there's no trays

Nexus? What's Nexus. Really? You work the airport & don't know what Nexus is? Oh wait, there's the sign 🙂 

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, eltigre said:

The dog thing had our "instructor" yelling at everyone..."get into a double line, I don't care if you know the person or not!"

Yeah this guy was yelling at people.

• Like 1

Oh a tidbit I forgot. On the packed elevator it stopped at a floor one way down. You could hear a guy say “nobody’s getting on that mofo”

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

34 minutes ago, eltigre said:

It would be real convenient if all airports had the same rules. Going one way my carry on is fine. Return trip not so much. Now I have to argue & prove it fits in that ***sizer.

One airport hubby has to take the CPAP out of it's case. Next time no. After he has it half unpacked.

Yes use the tray, no, there's no trays

Nexus? What's Nexus. Really? You work the airport & don't know what Nexus is? Oh wait, there's the sign 🙂 

I agree totally. This drives me insane. One airport kindle must come out of carryon - return kindle is fine in the bag. And so on.  I hate the TSA nonsense. I live one hour from the port of Galveston - if only every ship and itinerary left from here. 🤨

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, princess76021 said:

hey greg

by the time i got here you should be landing, so i will welcome you home!

hugs from texas!!

Hey princess I hope you’re doing ok with all the flooding issues. Sending hugs to you!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

huh, do no think I have seen 3 guys before.

Had 3 guys from Ukraine on Celebration last year.  They were amazing!  We went to the bars they were playing every night.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_0029.thumb.jpeg.8e15f31c253189b96ab360b699b894d8.jpeg

IMG_0030.thumb.jpeg.2310c3c661a433343a0612772390d7db.jpeg

That was about a 15 minute walk.

And you haven’t even had a cup of coffee.  How you holding up?

Edited by WhiteOptima
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Hey princess I hope you’re doing ok with all the flooding issues. Sending hugs to you!!

i'm extremely lucky, most of it is south of us.  if you hear that it's happening at DFW airport then i'm in the middle of it.  i live 10 miles west of the airport (yup, that's where Tony worked)

thanks for thinking of me!

hugs from texas!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

The line holdup is they have a guy with a dog. They’re making everyone walk in pairs side by side along this one walkway if you don’t do it right you have to do it again. That holds the entire line up.

I’ve only seen this once before. Houston IAH during Covid May 2021 when I flew to Cozumel.

The girls behind me are from Houston. They say they’ve never seen it before so I don’t think it’s common practice there.

They have the dog walk in Orlando which adds to the hold up at that airport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhiteOptima said:

And you haven’t even had a cup of coffee.  How you holding up?

I survived. I’m definitely glad I didn’t have to visit the airplane bathroom so at a certain point once i didn’t have coffee, I wasn’t going to have it. I may have an afternoon cup now though.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, depplep said:

They have the dog walk in Orlando which adds to the hold up at that airport.

I don’t remember having that last year. The line alone was the holdup for me there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I don’t remember having that last year. The line alone was the holdup for me there.

Yes, MCO sucks. I stand by that statement.

• Like 3

They kept saying we were early with everything. I didn’t get it until we got on the ground and my time changed to central. I booked this to get in at 2pm and I was off of the play by 1:20.

• Like 11