Pinnacle Grill

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, POA1 said:

Wow. I would not have guessed that. You post well beyond your days. (This is a compliment.)

Thanks Brian, I appreciate your comment. Our next cruise is 6 weeks so I guess I will gain a little more knowledge. I really enjoyed doing the "observations" thread from Zaandam last year. Of course it paled in wit and humour compared to the research papers you post.

I think my lack of previous HAL experience gives me a different perspective because I'm not mired in what HAL "used to be". I come with the thought of "was it worth the money?", so far it has been.

Edited by Blackduck59
  • Like 12

12 minutes ago, Djb.zville said:

Can you reserve lunch at Pinnacle before embarkation?  Looking at dining options on the website, I dinner is the only Pinnacle option I see.

No, you can not.  I typically book it as soon as I get onboard.  There are several desks that offer specialty dining reservations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Djb.zville said:

Can you reserve lunch at Pinnacle before embarkation?  Looking at dining options on the website, I dinner is the only Pinnacle option I see.

Not in advance. Once onboard, you can make reservations at the podium, PG itself, or on the App. Frequently it'snot full, so you may also be able to walk in.

• Like 1

I couldn't convince my wife last time to try the Pinnacle Lunch, but perhaps I will be more successful this time.  We have a 'boatload' of OBC so that we will give it a go.

Any suggestions?  (no issues with wife but I am Diabetic so need to keep the carb count down)

• Like 1

If your wife won't go, you can go without her. 

Suggestions? Best burger I have ever had was in a Pinnacle Grill. You can order it without the bun, if you don't want the carbs from that. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, RuthC said:

If your wife won't go, you can go without her. 

Suggestions? Best burger I have ever had was in a Pinnacle Grill. You can order it without the bun, if you don't want the carbs from that. 

That's what I do - PG burger, extra grilled onions, no bun. Actually, I get the bun then just don't eat it. I like the "secret sauce" and it tastes different to me put directly on the meat than it does dipping the meat into it from the bun. I'm probably crazy, but that's how I do it.🫣

DH likes the tenderloin. 

20231104_075400.thumb.jpg.e4444db0aaa40b3308f1f7fd204fc1c0.jpg

20231104_075504.thumb.jpg.fdd5a048aaaa4d5b2ae2ab9f2c9ee28f.jpg

20231104_075337.thumb.jpg.1445dac9172fdd0a7cb67bef31c40e5d.jpg

20231223_150344.thumb.jpg.371922279e57dae340ffeaa3fe158522.jpg

20231104_083242.thumb.jpg.6535e524b05739d1db956693abec137b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 4/28/2024 at 5:24 PM, nannygoatjunction said:

I understand it is a steakhouse. I didnt say i didn't enjoy the food. 😬 and, yes, it was part of the hia package.  It is promoted as fine dining, which I guess I think of as something that takes skill to prepare, not something my kids can cook up and we eat every week.  I will eat mash taties till the cows come home.  If its offered, I can't help myself!  Hence, why I chose it.  I know many are happy, I had hoped for a little bit of exceptional. 😆 

From what I have seen post restart, the mass market lines have dropped prime cuts for choice, unless an upcharge is involved. So not on the same level as an upscale steakhouse. The Tamarind on the Pinnacle class ships may fit the "exceptional" you are looking for, as I have not seen many analogs on land, at least in my part of Florida.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lakelivin2 said:

Hi folks,

We are new to HAL.  Can you tell me the cost of lunch at Pinnacle Grill?  Is it the same as dinner?

Currently $19 + 18% service charge per person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/28/2024 at 4:47 AM, alwaysfrantic said:

You could have selected from a number of sides. 

IMG_1622.jpeg

Several years ago I submitted a topic about Lobster in the Pinnacle.  I notice in the menu posting a Whole Main Lobster is listed.  For some reason what I was served years ago was a Lobster Tail and not a whole lobster.  A complaint was filed and the menu was changed to a 12 ounce Maine Lobster Tail.  Now it is a Main Lobster.  Since HAL apparently knows the difference between a Main Lobster and a Maine Lobster I am guessing the Pinnacle is not actually serving a Maine Lobster.  But some other type of lobster.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Had dinner last year in PG and will check out lunch menu on our 2025 sailing on Rotterdam. For me though, I like the lido deck and NY Deli for lunch.  

Edited by shipshape sam
  • Like 1