Virtual Verandahs on Edge

4 hours ago, Peteymil said:

I still enjoy my Aqua cabin on M-class and S-class ships when it rains. Just as much protection with the balcony doors, so I don't think that is an advantage.

Windy, raniny, cold days the balcony is not a pleasant place to sit and read, the IV is.  Just got off a cruise with chilly, cloudy days, rough seas and rain.  Did not use the balcony to sit on once in 9 days.  The extra space in the IV was much appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Windy, raniny, cold days the balcony is not a pleasant place to sit and read, the IV is.  Just got off a cruise with chilly, cloudy days, rough seas and rain.  Did not use the balcony to sit on once in 9 days.  The extra space in the IV was much appreciated. 

I can understand that. I've never been on a 9 day cruise with bad weather every single day. With a regular veranda or an infinite veranda, I'd be very unhappy! Glad you enjoyed it.

22 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

That was one of the pros I was thinking.  Mexico and Caribbean usually too hot and humid to enjoy them but with the VV I figured shouldn't be a problem.

So you are going to keep the IV window closed in the when in the Caribbean, humid itineraries? 

We had the MCS.  It is semi-inclosed.  The butler brought us a couple of blankets for the lounge chairs.  Priceless!  😍 

On 4/30/2024 at 1:25 PM, hcat said:

interesting post.. I wondered where the misnomer " virtual veranda" came from as to Celebrity..

We like to call it a "garden room".. like a closed in porch with optional window!  Put a few fake orchids/ plants in there and it  could be a nice sun room 

I think the OP made it up.

On 4/30/2024 at 2:25 PM, hcat said:

interesting post.. I wondered where the misnomer " virtual veranda" came from as to Celebrity..

We like to call it a "garden room".. like a closed in porch with optional window!  Put a few fake orchids/ plants in there and it  could be a nice sun room 

Now you'll have people calling it the garden room cabin.  😆

We have cruised non-E class with regular verandas, E class with SV, DPV and IV.  Although we both prefer SV, if SV too pricey DH prefers DPV and I prefer IV.  Was great on our recent Ascent TA when we would have rarely sat outside.  Never closed the shade or frosted bifold doors.  Ocean sounds and breeze with window down, no need for AC.  Only minus was ocean mist/salt on window.   Was never cleaned on 12 night TA.

1 hour ago, kabmab said:

We have cruised non-E class with regular verandas, E class with SV, DPV and IV.  Although we both prefer SV, if SV too pricey DH prefers DPV and I prefer IV.  Was great on our recent Ascent TA when we would have rarely sat outside.  Never closed the shade or frosted bifold doors.  Ocean sounds and breeze with window down, no need for AC.  Only minus was ocean mist/salt on window.   Was never cleaned on 12 night TA.

we have sat out on our traditional balcony for 3 to 4 hours every day on every TA East or West bound. 

• Like 2

On 5/1/2024 at 6:53 PM, the penguins said:

we have sat out on our traditional balcony for 3 to 4 hours every day on every TA East or West bound. 

While we like having the option to be on the balcony, in reality we use a balcony less than an hour a day.  Never would sit in the sun that long (worked in dermatology).

5 minutes ago, kabmab said:

While we like having the option to be on the balcony, in reality we use a balcony less than an hour a day.  Never would sit in the sun that long (worked in dermatology).

We don’t sit in the sun just out on the balcony. We also have lunch on the balcony every sea day. 

2 hours ago, kabmab said:

Where are these balconies without shade?  Perhaps I have been lucky as I have yet to run into one.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 9:48 AM, ScottC4746 said:

What do you consider the pros and cons of them?

Talk about "Beating a Dead Horse" image.jpeg.57d3fb5d3f1948c48fcf03cdd7b93082.jpeg

Edited by adolfo2

2 hours ago, adolfo2 said:

Talk about "Beating a Dead Horse" image.jpeg.57d3fb5d3f1948c48fcf03cdd7b93082.jpeg

Well, I’ll be setting off soon in an Infinite Balcony cabin for the first time, so I’m still interested in reading the views of those who have already experienced them! Please carry on posting your likes, dislikes and comments. Everyone brings an individual viewpoint, and I’m happy to sift through the posts to pick out the issues that might be relevant to me!