Exercises options for seniors on Edge?

I’m travelling with my mother (79) and auntie (82) on Celebrity Edge early next year, our first time with Celebrity. Are there any exercise classes suitable for seniors? They both enjoy senior classes at home, so I thought to check what might be available on board? Many thanks in advance!

There are stretching classes, Pilates and other classes.  No Silver Sneakers if that is what they are used to, but some basic classes. 

• Like 3

some folks get together for mini water aerobics and pool walking in the morning ....if the Solarium pool is not crowded.

They check out the daily activity list for am  and pm stretch...

walking is always  an option..indoors and outside, weather permitting

• Like 1

Auntie and Mum can most certainly take advantage of the gym facilities: treadmills, recumbent bicycles, and if they are familiar with the machines ... light resistance. In my 55+community, folks well into their 80's (and beyond) frequent the gym. It's all about adjusting to the limits of our changing bodies and knowing what is safe for you. And you will see all ages in the ship's gym.

On the ships, I've seen ladies of all ages and fitness levels stepping in to join a daily activity Zumba, line-dance, general standing stretch class, tango or cha-cha lesson. (And stepping out if they've had enough.) These fun classes are often held on the pool deck ... they're posted in the daily schedules and are complimentary. The actual "dance" lessons would be held indoors.

If the girls are comfortable getting down on a mat, they can do the complimentary early morning stretch or body conditioning/abs class. Pilates and yoga, those are fee-based.

And let's not forget the incredible benefits of simple walking! I read today that science no longer recommends those 10,000 steps a day as necessary. It's been determined that even 4,000 steps a day can facilitate excellent heart health. I can assure you; you'll all get your exercise.

I wish you all an amazing (and healthy) sailing adventure!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We exercise almost every day.   Living in Mi we take advantage of the weather and bike at least 20 miles per day.   In the colder months we do Beach Body.   P90X, Insanity, Max 30., Focus, and etc.  

We are in our late 70’s.   When on a cruise we enjoy it.   Don’t see the need to exercise.  Our bodies need  a rest.    If you look at any exercise program your body need a rest period.  They need to give their body a rest so just enjoy the cruise.

If they do feel the need do as we do, use the stairs and do a lot of walking in the ports.  It doesn’t really do much but it is better than nothing. 

We did try some of their free exercise classes and found them not to be very intense.  In reality they don’t want them to be so intense as to cause a heart attack.   There are classes that they can sign up for in the gym for fee.  Not worth the cost.   We get free classes because of our CC status.   Don’t use it.  

Just enjoy the cruise and forget about it.   RELAX.   ENJOY 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1