Queen Anne Cabin Reviews

7 hours ago, Lakesregion said:

If such a space also occurs on the deck above and below this deck then it could be a crew service elevator. If it only occurs on this deck then it might be a room service kitchen food warming etc. space.

I thought service lift, but it's only on that deck.

No similar spaces on outside walls on any other deck (outside space being more valuable than inside as cabins fetch more). Plenty of white space on the insides of all decks and that one for kitchens etc.

Very interesting. I can check in 46 days...

It is directly above Britannia kitchen so may be to do with extractors etc?

Good spot for the balcony

2 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

I thought service lift, but it's only on that deck.

There is space for it to be a service lift from that deck down, as there is white space at every level below it, but why a service lift would just go up as far as that deck is beyond me! I always avoid white spaces on the assumption that they will be a source of noise of some sort or other, but the bigger balcony is obviously tempting. 

Just now, Selbourne said:

There is space for it to be a service lift from that deck down, as there is white space at every level below it, but why a service lift would just go up as far as that deck is beyond me! I always avoid white spaces on the assumption that they will be a source of noise of some sort or other, but the bigger balcony is obviously tempting. 

Ah - service lift workings TO the kitchen from store rooms below

I think we've cracked it

1 minute ago, buchanan101 said:

Ah - service lift workings TO the kitchen from store rooms below

I think we've cracked it

So the space on just one passenger deck could be the top of the lift shaft (motors etc)?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rhiannon84 said:

I thought that was the few cabins reserved for guest entertainment? I'm sure I've seen a previous thread about those ones

Could be a couple of insides I suppose for that purpose. On QE there is a run of  ocean views which are just marked as a white area which are for guest entertainers  and speakers etc.. Never checked if it was same on QV. I just remember on QE as I had the next cabin and it was fine. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I think I would risk it for the bigger balcony. I don’t hear that well I can sleep with noise usually. 

So would I. Should be properly soundproofed

22 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

There is a very helpful site about HAL ships called HALfacts. People post pictures and reviews of specific cabins. I found a review for one of the cabins next to the blank space. Apparently, it's an emergency stairwell.

4156 – Nieuw Statendam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

Thank you for this looks amazing 

On 5/5/2024 at 1:00 AM, eroller said:

I would love to see a Deluxe Oceanview cabin on Deck One.  These have the two bathrooms.  I have one for a crossing in January.  

Me too, please.   Trying to justify that QA has no solo cabins and the 15% deposit.

• Like 1