HAL should be embarrassed with their internet booking process

Went to book a Neptune Suite for a friend today on the HAL site. This person will be joining us on our November cruise. She lives in England and when I began to enter her information I was met with a pick list of countries. None of them was Great Britain or England or any variant there of. In addition the countries listed were shown in Spanish or English. Not both, but one nation in English and another in Spanish. No rhyme or reason. Ended up getting an agent in Seattle. They admitted the country listing is a mess and a bit of a joke. Many complaints, yet no corrections made.

How can a company that has such a wonderful product put forth such a sophomoric presence in IT?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, kirkc said:

How can a company that has such a wonderful product put forth such a sophomoric presence in IT?

Experience. HAL's IT has been awful for years. 

• Like 1

IMHO. They really want us to use a TA, they don’t want to have to deal with retail.  I simply wish it was easier to buy the add ons like shore excursions, dinners and so on 

• Like 1

Today it has been an endless spiral of doom for booked passengers too. Does this also mean they will not be processing our final payment online due in a few days.

Why the disconnect between Seattle HAL and Seattle - the Birth Place of High Tech?

Agree, HAL is wonderful product, but this glitch today must be losing a lot of potential customers at a time when HAL needs to deliver only positive online customer services. Hope they get this worked out. Soon

We will be back, but what about others?

2 hours ago, kirkc said:

Went to book a Neptune Suite for a friend today on the HAL site. This person will be joining us on our November cruise. She lives in England and when I began to enter her information I was met with a pick list of countries. None of them was Great Britain or England or any variant there of. In addition the countries listed were shown in Spanish or English. Not both, but one nation in English and another in Spanish. No rhyme or reason. Ended up getting an agent in Seattle. They admitted the country listing is a mess and a bit of a joke. Many complaints, yet no corrections made.

I don't want to excuse the website which can be a disaster. I have found that England is listed as the UK or United Kingdom. A passport held by a British citizen is a UK passport. 

• Like 3

When I booked, the country list didn't have United States. I finally figured it out when I deduced that Verenigde Staten might be it. Sure enough on the confirm page it showed United States selected. All other countries (that I noticed) were in English, but US was in Dutch. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Why the disconnect between Seattle HAL and Seattle - the Birth Place of High Tech?

Because all the good tech people here work for other companies where they have better opportunities!  (like my son and DIL) 😉 😂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kirkc said:

Perhaps they expect someone from England to use an EU site.  Perhaps there are regulations and costs that are specific to England

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbeergut said:

Perhaps they expect someone from England to use an EU site.  Perhaps there are regulations and costs that are specific to England

There is an actual UK website based on UK £ Sterling currency and the protections afforded to those who book travel in the UK.

• Like 3

On the Oosterdam last summer, up early. Checked the HAL web site and it was in Dutch. Went down to the front desk to talk to them. They explained it was my phone, then they explained it was my browser. Then I took them over to the free computers and told him to log into my account. He did and it was in Dutch. He went back and sent a message to Seattle. I am convinced the tech staff on board have trained at Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T stores in phone sales.

Anybody tried Stockperks yet? I refused, told them my vacation was not going to revolve around 4 different phone apps and HAL wifi! Took a look at Navigator today for fun. Still doesn't work. Has in the past, but not now, must of tried to fix something.

There, I vented!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, aa7yy said:

Anybody tried Stockperks yet? 

Yes, it was a pretty simple, painless process. 

• Like 3

On 5/3/2024 at 4:48 AM, VMax1700 said:

UK etc is present on the list. It is Reino Unido

😂Oh my! Every weekend—often more—there are Threads about HAL website issues, aren’t there!

On 5/3/2024 at 6:09 PM, aa7yy said:

On the Oosterdam last summer, up early. Checked the HAL web site and it was in Dutch. Went down to the front desk to talk to them. They explained it was my phone, then they explained it was my browser. Then I took them over to the free computers and told him to log into my account. He did and it was in Dutch. He went back and sent a message to Seattle. I am convinced the tech staff on board have trained at Verizon, T-Mobile or AT&T stores in phone sales.

Anybody tried Stockperks yet? I refused, told them my vacation was not going to revolve around 4 different phone apps and HAL wifi! Took a look at Navigator today for fun. Still doesn't work. Has in the past, but not now, must of tried to fix something.

There, I vented!

Could not use stockperks at all. It want even open, much less download the app.  Wanted my OBC for owning 100 shares of CCL stocks. They eventually did it manually.  

The lady we are traveling with didn't have any problem using Stockperks.

It took a week, but stockperks finally got the OBC for me.