Where can you go on Apex to see off the front of the ship?

Never been on Apex before. Excited about it - the ship looks amazing. However, I'm thinking there is no forward location to see off the front of the ship. That's prolly not the best nautical terminology but I'm looking for a place where I can stand and see what's coming up. Not on the top deck SIDE watching as the world slides by ... I want to look forward and see what's coming. Is there a lounge, deck, place where that can be done, especially if you're not a suite, Aqua class or other higher up cabin class? What if you're in an interior cabin - where can you go to see out the front of the ship?

The nautical term for the front of the ship is the "bow."  While not idea, the TV usually has a "view from the bridge" channel that shows what lies ahead.  Understand it's not the same thing as being outside.

Why do I remember being able to walk outside from the fitness center forward?  Maybe it was on Equinox.  

Seeing where you have been is just as interesting if you aren't driving.  🙂

1 hour ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Figured that ... but would like to be outside. Can that be done?

Only if you are in the retreat. 

1 hour ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Never been on Apex before. Excited about it - the ship looks amazing. However, I'm thinking there is no forward location to see off the front of the ship. That's prolly not the best nautical terminology but I'm looking for a place where I can stand and see what's coming up. Not on the top deck SIDE watching as the world slides by ... I want to look forward and see what's coming. Is there a lounge, deck, place where that can be done, especially if you're not a suite, Aqua class or other higher up cabin class? What if you're in an interior cabin - where can you go to see out the front of the ship?

Sorry, you picked the wrong ship.  The best I can offer is to go to the forward end of the Magic Carpet.

There is a small deck all the way forward on deck 14 - BUT the access is through the heated loungers in the Thermal Suite, so you must have purchased a spa pass to access it.

image.png.ca53f57719f29bbde7ed9b5816e41dae.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Why do I remember being able to walk outside from the fitness center forward?  Maybe it was on Equinox.  

Probably Equinox.  Certainly Reflection and Silhouette.  I was just there today.(silhouette)

Edited by cruisestitch

1 minute ago, cruisestitch said:

Probably Equinox.  Certainly Reflection and Silhouette.  I was just there today.(silhouette)

Yes S-Class fitness centers have outside access.

Thanks everybody. I'll see if I can get outside through the fitness center one way or the other. Or I'll sit down in the back and enjoy the view there. Or maybe I'll bring my Mission Impossible sound track and "spiderman" it from the Magic Carpet up to the bow! (I kid, I kid - I know you can't do that).

Just now, BuckeyeMark said:

Thanks everybody. I'll see if I can get outside through the fitness center one way or the other. Or I'll sit down in the back and enjoy the view there. Or maybe I'll bring my Mission Impossible sound track and "spiderman" it from the Magic Carpet up to the bow! (I kid, I kid - I know you can't do that).

You cannot access the outside thru the fitness center. Unless you plan on breaking one of the ceiling to floor windows. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Thanks, so I’m not totally losing my mind. 🙂

26 minutes ago, doghog said:

You cannot access the outside thru the fitness center. Unless you plan on breaking one of the ceiling to floor windows. 

Someone said "There is a small deck all the way forward on deck 14 - BUT the access is through the heated loungers in the Thermal Suite, so you must have purchased a spa pass to access it."

No? No can do even if I buy a pass?

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Yes S-Class fitness centers have outside access.

48 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

I'll see if I can get outside through the fitness center one way or the other.

Access through the fitness center is on S-class ships. You will be on Apex, an E-class ship.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Someone said "There is a small deck all the way forward on deck 14 - BUT the access is through the heated loungers in the Thermal Suite, so you must have purchased a spa pass to access it."

Fitness Center which your referenced is on deck 15. Why my comment. Spa is on deck 14. Outside access will need to be answered by those that have experience with the thermal suites. I don't. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, BuckeyeMark said:

Yes,if you're Aquaclass and/or have a Thermal suite pass then you can access the forward outside deck in front of the Thermal suite. There never anyone there,so you'll have it all to yourself. You can get there anytime the Thermal suite is open.

• Thanks 1

Just now, doghog said:

Fitness Center which your referenced is on deck 15. Why my comment. Spa is on deck 14. 

Exactly. To further clarify there's no open deck in front of the fitness center,so it's not like there's a staircase from the open deck 14 up to Deck 15 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

You can get there anytime the Thermal suite is open.

I don't know about that.  We just cruised on Ascent and the door from SEA spa to the deck was only open (unlocked) while approaching/leaving port; not while 'at sea'.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, d9704011 said:

I don't know about that.  We just cruised on Ascent and the door from SEA spa to the deck was only open (unlocked) while approaching/leaving port; not while 'at sea'.

Hmmm, that's interesting. Something new. That's why you never see anyone out there. A total waste of space. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1

Clarifications above are correct - this is in the spa, not the fitness center.  You would have to access the area by first checking in at the desk to get access to the Thermal Suite, then walk through part of the Thermal Suite area and by the heated loungers out a door to the small deck.  Not possible without either being Aqua class or having a day/week pass.

• Like 1