50% increase in non-alcoholic drink package?

15 minutes ago, mickeysgal said:

I have to wonder if you would have looked at this on another browser or in incognito mode, would the prices been different. I sometimes wonder if celebrity is tracking us, how often we check pricing, and then adjusting prices on demand. 

You may have something there in regard to 'tracking'.  Not us specifically but on the whole.  I do think there is dynamic/on demand pricing.  I have checked these prices on another browser and incognito mode with same pricing showing.  Flash sales should be across the board not to one particular cruise, even with low volume purchases which will stimulate sales....IMO.

25 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I see your cruise date is Nov. on the Equinox.  Ours is also Nov. but hasn't changed in months.  Wish 35% off would come up for me.

image.thumb.png.49633983d205e5403c2109bc43c22840.png

It makes no odds to how much the percentage is because they have just increased the base price, so actually the 35% off is more expensive than it was at 10% off the original base price. Therefore, you won’t want the 35% off as it will cost you more.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I see your cruise date is Nov. on the Equinox.  Ours is also Nov. but hasn't changed in months.  Wish 35% off would come up for me.

image.thumb.png.49633983d205e5403c2109bc43c22840.pngCan you wait until the Black Friday sale , it 50% off , at about $55 CAD pp

Just now, Ex-Airbalancer said:
2 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

image.thumb.png.49633983d205e5403c2109bc43c22840.pngCan you wait until the Black Friday sale , it 50% off , at about $55 CAD pp

Hate to ask (poorly informed)...when is Black Friday?  I thought that was around Christmas?

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Hate to ask (poorly informed)...when is Black Friday?  I thought that was around Christmas?

Black Friday this year is Friday, November 29, 2024, the day after American Thanksgiving.  The Black Friday sales usually start earlier in the week, probably Monday, November 25, 2024.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, mickeysgal said:

I have to wonder if you would have looked at this on another browser or in incognito mode, would the prices been different. I sometimes wonder if celebrity is tracking us, how often we check pricing, and then adjusting prices on demand. 

Log out of celebrity site.  Go to this spreadsheet & enter your cruise info - it will populate a link to see drink prices without your account.  It also shows current excursion prices, dining packages, wifi, etc.  I use it for comparing prices when selecting between cruises before I have purchased.  It only works for Royal C and Celebration.  For my current cruise logging into my account has not shown any prices that differ from what is displayed without logging in.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ukT6gOPcu7coL92LuDcyDaWXQfO88u5kN9FEdHRj5bM/edit#gid=0

• Thanks 2

I think they are just feeling out a move to a higher price and then soften it by adding a discount to bring it down to close to the undiscounted rate without the discount.  Perhaps they got tired of complaining that it never goes below 10% so they raised it to see if that helps sales.  Thebe old $26.99 per day for a package that includes non alcoholic beverages that can go up to $9-10 per beverage didn't give them much profit margin at all.

In my planner today, it shows $45 a day with a 25% discount making it $32.99.  That is now a $42 increase from the previous sale price of $26.99 which was 10% off $30.  If I do not get a package, and have a soda at dinner, do they charge again for a refill at that same meal?  I want to get the package but my sister doesn't so I was fine to buy it onboard at $30, but not at $45.  We are doing 14 days so that sure adds up.

I am supposed to get a call from an “executive agent” after chatting with Celebrity on messenger after I sent them screenshots on the zero proof package that shows they raised the price by $20

We SIL see what they have to say about that

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I am supposed to get a call from an “executive agent” after chatting with Celebrity on messenger after I sent them screenshots on the zero proof package that shows they raised the price by $20

We SIL see what they have to say about that

Oh, please do let us know what the response is. I wonder how much it is currently if you buy it onboard? Probably less than the sale price 🤷‍♀️.

12 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

In my planner today, it shows $45 a day with a 25% discount making it $32.99.  That is now a $42 increase from the previous sale price of $26.99 which was 10% off $30.  If I do not get a package, and have a soda at dinner, do they charge again for a refill at that same meal?  I want to get the package but my sister doesn't so I was fine to buy it onboard at $30, but not at $45.  We are doing 14 days so that sure adds up.

They bring you a can.  So if you want another can it would be another charge.  
If you buy a drink package onboard, you would still have to buy for everyone in your cabin.  

Posted (edited)

This is what happens when X pulled Gratuities from the All-Included package. That used to be a good deal, and included basic drinks package. It worked for us, even though we don't drink alcohol.

On our next X cruise, we are going a la carte for my sodas (DW doesn't even drink that) and her Wi-Fi. Because we got a nominal amount of OBC by booking through TA, I will be using that OBC as my little soda drink package.

Edited by CruiseMrB
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

We've enjoyed Celebrity for years but we've found other cruise lines offering exceptional value at lower prices. For example,  sailing in June on Virgin Voyages Valiant Lady. (June, I know but Virgin has an adults only policy.)

WIFI, gratuity, basic coffee's, sodas included. 

You don't buy a drink package. Beer $6 or $7, (comparable to shore side resort prices) Mixed drinks $10.  Spend what you like. Gratuity already included in cost of beer/drink.

I will continue to sail Celebrity, but the value of the cruise product must be affordable and deliver a great cruise. 

Edited by Bill Miller
spelling

11 hours ago, villauk said:

Oh, please do let us know what the response is. I wonder how much it is currently if you buy it onboard? Probably less than the sale price 🤷‍♀️.

It was the company line that they have dynamics pricing 

I think she was embarrassed when I ask her would she be surprised if she went in a store notice a price of $40 with 10% for a price of $36 than came back a couple of hours later to see the product was increased by a 1/3 to $60 with 25 % for a cost of $46 

so basically she will bring up the matter with the executive team 

i was very polite with her since she has to follow the company line 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CruiseMrB said:

This is what happens when X pulled Gratuities from the All-Included package. That used to be a good deal, and included basic drinks package. It worked for us, even though we don't drink alcohol.

On our next X cruise, we are going a la carte for my sodas (DW doesn't even drink that) and her Wi-Fi. Because we got a nominal amount of OBC by booking through TA, I will be using that OBC as my little soda drink package.

Pro Tip: Bring your own soda! If you stay at a hotel prior to the cruise go to a nearby supermarket or order UBER Eats to deliver you 2x12 sodas (or more) and carry it on. Enough with the nickel and diming of these crooks.

On 5/24/2024 at 3:26 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

It was the company line that they have dynamics pricing 

I think she was embarrassed when I ask her would she be surprised if she went in a store notice a price of $40 with 10% for a price of $36 than came back a couple of hours later to see the product was increased by a 1/3 to $60 with 25 % for a cost of $46 

so basically she will bring up the matter with the executive team 

i was very polite with her since she has to follow the company line 

Any updates?  It was $45 with 25% off ($32.99) all weekend.  Why do they think that someone/kids can drink $45 worth of sodas/non-alcoholic drinks in a day?

7 minutes ago, Nightowl11 said:

Any updates?  It was $45 with 25% off ($32.99) all weekend.  Why do they think that someone/kids can drink $45 worth of sodas/non-alcoholic drinks in a day?

The sales ends today so the price may drop tomorrow 🤣

• Haha 1

image.png.c3c8ddefc1274833369c50d7a34dbef5.png

The sale has over 37 hours to go.  I think they recover some of the sale money on the alcohol package by keeping the soda package higher when it's on sale.  Everyone in the room has to have a package, so if someone doesn't drink, they'll pay a higher price for the zero package.

I'm glad to see that it isn't just me!

I've just checked the website (31 May in Sydney) and it's still $A 61.10 per day for the non-alcoholic deal for our November 2024 cruise; and that's with the 25% discount.  Because of the currency difference it makes sense for us to pre-book; but not at those prices.

• Like 1

Everything I was watching went back to 'before' price except the zero drink package which remains at the inflated price.  I still feel like it will drop again.  I tried to find evidence that the sale would run again over July 4th weekend, but I couldn't find much - even though I think they likely run sales every holiday.

On 5/14/2024 at 6:36 PM, TGfromTX said:

I don't work for the cruise line, but I have a 6 night cruise & they all seem to multiply by 6 for me.  I don't know the other answers, so hopefully someone else will respond.  I would expect a script runs upon connection that blocks you from setting up a hotspot and sharing the connection.  I don't see anything about per room or passenger - they all seem to indicate per device.

TG are my initials and I live in Texas. That is both funny and weird. 🙂

I am in Lubbock, how about you?