Drydock Schedule

12 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

If known, please post scheduled Drydock period for any Oceania ship.

Marina is just current, Riveria’s was in 22. Vista is still new. FDR said there would be no more upgrades or overhauls on the R ships.

Looks like the answer is “ well in the future when one of the required inspections are due.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Marina is going into dry-dock this month with some major renovations being done to some public spaces and upper level cabins and soft renovations being done elsewhere...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2024 at 12:05 PM, basor said:

Marina is going into dry-dock this month with some major renovations being done to some public spaces and upper level cabins and soft renovations being done elsewhere...

This is the Press Release from Last November about the May '24 Marina refurbishment, has this changed at all? She is due to go into dry dock on May 18th according to this article.

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

This is the Press Release from Last November about the May '24 Marina refurbishment, has this changed at all? She is due to go into dry dock on May 18th according to this article.

No, coming out of dry dock on the 18th when the first cruise after refurbishment starts.  Been in Palermo dry dock since around 4/30. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/11/2024 at 9:33 AM, chengkp75 said:

Regatta 8/25

Nautica 2/25

Insignia 12/24

Sirena 10/24

Marina 5/24 (but this may just be an in-water survey)

Riviera 12/25

Hmmm.  Wonder where this comes from as, for example, I see no gaps in Regatta’ schedule in August ‘25.  We arrive with her in Honolulu on August 1, she turns around back to Papeete arriving on the 16th and does a series of 10 sailings in succession into September.  Perhaps some of that has changed or is about to be?

38 minutes ago, jondfk said:

Hmmm.  Wonder where this comes from as, for example, I see no gaps in Regatta’ schedule in August ‘25.  We arrive with her in Honolulu on August 1, she turns around back to Papeete arriving on the 16th and does a series of 10 sailings in succession into September.  Perhaps some of that has changed or is about to be?

Several of the dates are suspect because of ship positions. They aren’t doing a dry dock in FP, nor some of the other scheduled ship locations.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jondfk said:

The dates I posted are from the Lloyd's Register database, showing what dates the "bottom survey" (which means drydock) are due.  There may be a month or so earlier, but not much wiggle room later.  Riviera and Marina, being less than 15 years old, those dates can be for an underwater survey by divers in lieu of drydocking (which is usually done while still in service, over a couple or three ports).  Oh, yeah, forgot that Marina is in dock now, so the underwater will only apply to Riviera.  All others, that is a pretty hard date, as it is required by the class society to maintain the ship's certificates of seaworthiness.

Edited by chengkp75
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Looks like I'll be on Sirena not long after the dry dock.  I wonder what they'll be doing to Sirena?

Looks like a gap on the schedule from Oct. 18th (arrives Amsterdam) to Oct. 23rd (departs Amsterdam for 27 days.)  I doubt they'd be able to do a lot in 4-5 days or so.

Edited by Stockjock

@chengkp75

@Stockjock

I am going to take a WAG, and say if it is a hull check as opposed to a full dry dock in Italy, etc. maybe those 5 days are really a Private Sailing by a group or Corporate event. The R ships are not to be getting any more big $ retrofits before they are sold off by O/NCLH so any down time can’t be much. Remember, we have the two new 1400 Passenger ships coming on line in 2027 and 2029 that will replace the R Class capacities with a little extra. 
JMHO,

Mauibabes 

• Like 1

Well, for a 25 year old ship a "hull check" (by which I guess you mean a "technical only" drydock?) will be more on the lines of 3-4 weeks.  And, that is mandatory, you can't just say I'm putting off dry dock surveys and maintenance because I want to sell the ship.  It has to be done in the statutory timeframe, with the mandatory inspections, or the certificate to sail is voided.  It is an unavoidable expense.  Now, updates and refurbishments to the hotel side are definitely optional, both for time and cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Wow, I did not know the Hull check duration. I can’t recall ever seeing one of the ships out of service for longer than 2.5 weeks and that was always a major retrofit upgrade on the hotel side of things. Learn more everyday from the real sailors on CC. Thank you. 
Mauibabes

1 minute ago, mauibabes said:

Wow, I did not know the Hull check duration. I can’t recall ever seeing one of the ships out of service for longer than 2.5 weeks and that was always a major retrofit upgrade on the hotel side of things. Learn more everyday from the real sailors on CC. Thank you. 
Mauibabes

Newer ships (under 15 years) will typically get a technical drydock done in 2 weeks.  After the ship turns 15, there are vastly more, and costlier, inspections required, and these tend to lead to structural steel replacement, adding more time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2