Questions Re bringing bottled water, soda and wine onboard

We've been sailing on X for many years and remember seeing on the website that passengers can bring wine (2 bottles per cabin), water and soda on board, however I can't find it on the website anymore. Does anyone know what the current rules are?  Our next cruise will be the first in about 20 years without a beverage package. Curious about the current rules. TIA

• Like 1

We just completed a 17 night TransPacific Cruise on the Solstice. There was 3 of us. We each brought 12 cans of Soda onboard in our carry ons. Not an issue 

Posted (edited)
On 5/14/2024 at 11:20 PM, osborne66 said:

We just completed a 17 night TransPacific Cruise on the Solstice. There was 3 of us. We each brought 12 cans of Soda onboard in our carry ons. Not an issue 

Did you keep these in the original packaging or did you take them out to pack them? I am thinking of taking the cans out and putting a towel around them. We are taking a smaller carry-on and I don’t think the original case will fit.

Edited by jennmaybe

17 minutes ago, jennmaybe said:

Did you keep these in the original packaging or did you take them out to pack them? I am thinking of taking the cans out and putting a towel around them. We are taking a smaller carry-on and I don’t think the original case will fit.

It doesn't really matter as long as they are in carryon.  There is always a small chance that when it goes through the X-ray machine a security person might want a quick check.

3 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

It doesn't really matter as long as they are in carryon.  There is always a small chance that when it goes through the X-ray machine a security person might want a quick check.

Thanks!  They are more than welcome to check if they need to.  😄

Several years ago I remember that it was allowed to bring a case of water aboard by attaching a luggage tag to the case. Is that still permitted? I can't find it on the website.

53 minutes ago, janetz said:

Put a cabin tag on your water, soda and give to the luggage porter 

it will arrive at the cabin

we do this all the time 😊

That's what I remembered.  Thank you!

3 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Several years ago I remember that it was allowed to bring a case of water aboard by attaching a luggage tag to the case. Is that still permitted? I can't find it on the website.

Are you supposed to? No.

Will the porters take anything you slap a luggage tag on? If you bribe (sorry, "tip") them enough, of course. They'd take an alligator with a luggage tag around its neck if you gave them enough money.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Don’t overthink it, even with the nay sayers.

Have done this for many many cruises, always arrived at our cabin

Never had to up any qratuity, to make it happen 😊

Edited by janetz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back from our Reflection cruise out of FLL!

We had no problem taking a 12 pack of bottled water and a case of sodas with us.

We have an insulated cooler bag that we take to the beach with us here and we took that with us so we could have cold drinks with us while on Coco Cay for the day.  We actually just put the drinks in the cooler bag and they went right through security with no questions asked.

Now, with that being said, they did question my other bag, and asked me if I had a bottle in there.  I told her I have 3 bottles of Blue Lizard sunblock and 1 spray bottle.  Would you believe they put my bag through the scanner 4 times? I told them just to look in it.  They finally handed it to me after the 4th time and told me I was good to go.  The lady looking at the scanner told the gentleman that she thought she saw a bottle in there. I told her THREE times that she did but it is sunblock.😳

I know the website says that you can only do this on the first day.   But if I go on shore and buy a bottle of water, are they going to take it?   

I was on Princess and walked off, went to the little shop at the port and bought 2 cans of soda, then turned around and brought them on board.  They got xrayed, but they didn't say no.   I swear that I have brought back a drink on Royal Caribbean too (like you get a bottle of water and don't finish it and it's in your bag).   Are they strict about bringing a few drinks back with you?   I'm not attempting to haul a case...but 2-3 bottles of water or a soda.

I wish they would just sell me a case of water.   I did this on Princess and it worked well.   I'm going on a back to back and I'm tempted to skip the drink package, bring what I reasonably can, then buy a few on board.  If this "doesn't work well" for me, I think there'd be time to buy a package for the second cruise.    The drink package prices are just out of control these days.   I swear the soda package (without fancy non-alcoholic drinks) used to be $10/day - which I sucked up and paid.   But it's become very expensive - to the point where I wonder if buying drinks individually wouldn't be more cost effective.

18 hours ago, southerngoose said:

I know the website says that you can only do this on the first day.   But if I go on shore and buy a bottle of water, are they going to take it?   

I was on Princess and walked off, went to the little shop at the port and bought 2 cans of soda, then turned around and brought them on board.  They got xrayed, but they didn't say no.   I swear that I have brought back a drink on Royal Caribbean too (like you get a bottle of water and don't finish it and it's in your bag).   Are they strict about bringing a few drinks back with you?   I'm not attempting to haul a case...but 2-3 bottles of water or a soda.

I wish they would just sell me a case of water.   I did this on Princess and it worked well.   I'm going on a back to back and I'm tempted to skip the drink package, bring what I reasonably can, then buy a few on board.  If this "doesn't work well" for me, I think there'd be time to buy a package for the second cruise.    The drink package prices are just out of control these days.   I swear the soda package (without fancy non-alcoholic drinks) used to be $10/day - which I sucked up and paid.   But it's become very expensive - to the point where I wonder if buying drinks individually wouldn't be more cost effective.

Well, I will say that we had several leftover bottles of water and 1 soda left in our cooler bag when getting back on in Coca Cay and they never questioned it.  So, I’m going to say you would be fine.