Need to find itinerary for my April cruise this year

Having gone to doctor on board I sent to insurance to get reimbursed.  Received an email yesterday they need to know where ship was the day I went to doc.  Any ideas how to get the old itinerary?  Thanks

Did you work with a travel agent?  I would start there.  Do you have any old emails from Princess?  They would have sent you your itinerary many times.  Did you copy it to your computer?

Let us know which cruise.  Voyage number, ship, date, which ports did you stop at.  Some will have an electronic trail.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Knickearth said:

Having gone to doctor on board I sent to insurance to get reimbursed.  Received an email yesterday they need to know where ship was the day I went to doc.  Any ideas how to get the old itinerary?  Thanks

Did you try to google the ship and date of sailing?  It may still show up on some TA sites.  

Do you have a TA/CVP?

Posted (edited)

Two places I'd look. You may have download your cruise summary, or booking confirmation, then forgot it. Failing that, many ports post their ships in port for the day on their website, which you can backdate. You can probably narrow it down to a couple of ports and find what you need.

Edited by mtnesterz

8 hours ago, Knickearth said:

I looked up a couple of cruises from 2009 by just doing a Google search of ship, month, and year.  It came up.

When dealing with Medicare, they need to know if your ship was in at US port or within x number of miles to either pay or deny.  It took me 60 days for them to ask me for my itinerary (lol) and another 60 days to deny....which I knew they would do.  I learned from my experience to include the itinerary when submitting the claim.  I wasn't as fortunate as you.  Medicare sent me back my entire paper work claim and documentations and I had to "resubmit". 

4 months later, after affirmation from Medicare that it was denied, my secondary health insurance paid for it all.  Princess Vacation Protection/AON picked up the cost of my medical history.  

Glad you could find your itinerary online.  Google is so helpful.

16 hours ago, Knickearth said:

There’s an app called Ship Mate that would let you see a past itinerary. It’s great for tracking past and future cruises

20 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

When dealing with Medicare, they need to know if your ship was in at US port or within x number of miles to either pay or deny...

It would be good for us readers to know. Was your Medicare claim denied because you were in or near a US port, or because you were at, or near, a foreign port. Either way, thanks for posting this. Prompts me to read my coverage in case of emergency.

31 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

It would be good for us readers to know. Was your Medicare claim denied because you were in or near a US port, or because you were at, or near, a foreign port. Either way, thanks for posting this. Prompts me to read my coverage in case of emergency.

The ship was getting ready to leave St. John when I visited the Medical Center at 4 PM (appointment time).  By the time they had diagnosed my covid, we had already departed and was out to sea.  I am not sure what the "distance" Medicare will cover but someone else listed 200/300 miles? outside a US port.  I was already in Canadian waters.  

From CC, I learned to make sure I had a hard copy of my Medical History Records.  I already knew that Medicare would not pay for this service. But no one (here) told me that I needed to include the itinerary.  LOL.  Good advice from these threads.

So if you are ever caught in this situation, you will need the following:

Medical History Record ($28)

Itinerary

Invoice from Medical Center

It will help to have a photo of your folio charge

Then:

Submit to Medicare (for approval or denial if out of the country).

wait

Submit to secondary insurance, tri-care, supplemental insurance.

wait

Submit to AON for balance not covered by above.

I was very fortunate.  Every penny was reimbursed.  PLUS...I was prorated my time in an isolated cabin from Princess.  That was documented someplace...either invoice or history.