Celebrity excursions in Caribbean

We will be on a Celebrity cruise which includes St. Thomas, St. John's/Antigua, Barbados, St. Kitts, and St. Lucia.  I'd like to get some feedback on Celebrity excursions in these ports.  Which ones did you go on and how did you like them.  Or did you go with a third party and how was that experience?

Thanks!

I suggest you look at these ports on the Ports of Call board as well as asking here about X excursions. Personally, I would do Adventures Antigua in Antigua.

• Like 1

we only do X excursions..esp in ports like St Maarten with traffic issues..do not want stress abt getting  back in time. If your  ride back dumps you like ours did on X e cursion for a group of 10 at a beach bar, .  X/ Port Agent will send a new van and hold the ship if needed!

Cabs back to the shio are  iffy on St Kitts.  Once we had a VERY LONG wait for a cab back from  our day resort.. we were getting very nervous. 

Another time we could not get a cab from our lunch/ pool location to the ship .so we walked back..no choice.  It was downhill but had alot of stuff to carry and went through some very local streets! We learned  If we can walk back ok.we.might skip booking an excursion alogether..like Tortola/ Roadtown 

Best excursion recently was thru X over to NEVIS for the day  from St Kitts

We have taken numerous X excursions on all the ports  mentioned by OP..never had a bad one!

We were in both Antigua and St Kitts on X back in April and did X excursions both ports. We did the Catamaran w/ lobster lunch in Antigua and it was the best excursion we have ever been on. In St Kitts we did the catamaran sail and Nevis beach break which also included lunch and also was excellent. Gotta say that I booked them both during a Black Friday sale so got an excellent price for both.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We’ve been on 25 southern Caribbean cruises, many of which have included Antigua. We always do something with Adventure Antigua, best excursions you can do in Antigua. And you need not worry about getting back to t ship on time. They are very careful about that. Their crews and experiences are the best. On Barbados we sail with Calabaza Cruises, best catamaran excursion you can find. Our ninth time out with them was this past February.

Edited by Miss Vickie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We took a Celebrity excursion to Meghans Bay on St. Thomas. It was expensive but we were using OBC. When we got there the chairs were side by side for many rows and you had to pay for them. Nothing was included except the transportation. I’m sure the beach is beautiful but not when you are sharing it with 1000 of your newest friends. Similar experience in St. Martin although that one included an inedible lunch. Next time I’ll research alternatives.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Folsomdoc said:

We took a Celebrity excursion to Meghans Bay on St. Thomas. It was expensive but we were using OBC. When we got there the chairs were side by side for many rows and you had to pay for them. Nothing was included except the transportation. I’m sure the beach is beautiful but not when you are sharing it with 1000 of your newest friends. Similar experience in St. Martin although that one included an inedible lunch. Next time I’ll research alternatives.

Thanks for the warning.

23 hours ago, Folsomdoc said:

We went to Magens Bay.  We followed another cruise critic poster's advice and walked all the way down.  It was much quieter.  There weren't any chairs there but it was worth it for the peace.  Then, we took the cable car.  We enjoyed it.

Posted (edited)
On 5/19/2024 at 8:16 PM, Folsomdoc said:

We took a Celebrity excursion to Meghans Bay on St. Thomas. It was expensive but we were using OBC. When we got there the chairs were side by side for many rows and you had to pay for them. Nothing was included except the transportation. I’m sure the beach is beautiful but not when you are sharing it with 1000 of your newest friends. Similar experience in St. Martin although that one included an inedible lunch. Next time I’ll research 

Edited by Oville

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 8:03 PM, Crazy planning mom said:

We went to Magens Bay.  We followed another cruise critic poster's advice and walked all the way down.  It was much quieter.  There weren't any chairs there but it was worth it for the peace.  Then, we took the cable car.  We enjoyed it.

It’s a 5 mile walk crossing steep terrain, quite a walk.

Edited by Oville