Crew tips individual breakdown

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Plus if you want to do it individually, that requires a trip to Guest Services to have the auto-grats removed. And then monitoring your account to ensure they aren't charged accidentally. And potentially a few awkward conversations with either your stateroom attendant and/or their supervisor as to what they are or aren't doing that caused you to remove those gratuities.

Just saying, I remember the days when at the end of the cruise you would put in the full amount in cash plus more if you wanted in an envelope and hand it to each individual person that help you out.

Today’s times are different

• Like 1

Just now, jelayne said:

If the auto daily gratuities are left in place then they can keep and money given to them and do no have to put it into the pool.

I think this little known fact needs to be broadcast far and wide...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I think this little known fact needs to be broadcast far and wide...

To me the fact that if auto gratuities are removed and you give them cash they must turn it into the pool is the biggie.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

To me the fact that if auto gratuities are removed and you give them cash they must turn it into the pool is the biggie.  

Quite right...I can see that as well.  I have never considered removing auto grats but have often been concerned whether or not the extra tip we gave had to be shared.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jelayne said:

If you remove the daily gratuity from your account 2 things happen:

The cabin attendant will be asked why you removed the gratuties, same for waiter.

When you remove the daily gratuities then any money you give to the cabin attendant, waiter, butler, etc they are required to turn over to be put into the pool.

If the auto daily gratuities are left in place then they can keep any money given to them and do no have to put it into the pool.

I have heard it is pooled and have heard it is not.  In reality IDK, thus leave in place and tip add'l, after that, it is out of my hands.

• Like 1

In addition to the general requirement for crew to pool any cash: we have also been told a couple of times that any money that goes into an envelope must have the recipient's name on it or they will be forced to report/share it. We do try to use those additional gratuities forms from guest services, referred to above; that way we can be sure it goes directly to a specific person but we don't have to hassle with USD vs euros, etc. And better to track in our budget vs cash.

PS: they now have renamed tips/gratuities to "crew appreciation." 

10 hours ago, celebrity cruiser said:

Yes I understand it is 23 pp/day

What I am looking for is on a 7 day cruise what do I give the waiter, asst waiter, butler stateroom attendant and so on for the duration of the cruise that would equal to the 46 per cabin/day

X publishes the breakdown and the current figures are shown below.

If you were to remove the auto grats it would be impossible to tip all the people who woluld otherwise be covered (for example the laundry staff).CelebrityGrats-2023.thumb.jpg.f7d387b529245ee48d2187cdfc6684a7.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the penguins said:

X publishes the breakdown and the current figures are shown below.

If you were to remove the auto grats it would be impossible to tip all the people who woluld otherwise be covered (for example the laund

Accidentally commented on the other (old) thread thinking it was this one. Ooops! Repeating from that reply...

But they no longer break it down to the individual.

Pretty sure the first Celebrity cruise we went on it was $X to the waiter, $X to the assistant waiter, etc. Not just "Dining and culinary services". That's what I think the OP was asking and that no longer exists. I know Royal had a breakdown by position, and I'm a long time ago when we cruised HAL they did the same thing. We've had prepaid gratuities on our last three cruises and haven't paid attention to wait Celebrity actually said.

But as you say this does provide more granularity than "$23 ppd".

Thank you for posting the gratuity breakdown.   We always keep the gratuities in place, carry a supply of small thank you notes and envelopes for additional tips, but sometimes don't know what would constitute a very nice tip.  Knowing the amount of the auto-tip is helpful in gauging what would be an appropriate additional tip.