Free Wifi promotion - 3rd passenger in room?

SnorkelFool

I just booked an MSC cruise with the free Easy Plus and Wifi package. We are a family of 3. My TA says that the 3rd person will get a shared logon once onboard the ship. The TA says that all three of us will be able to have wifi access at the same time under the promotion. They sent me this language from MSC:

"Internet access for 1 device per guest, up to 2 devices per stateroom. Features: Browse the web; Send and receive emails and images; Chat on messenger apps (e.g. WhatsApp). No Video. Duration: entire cruise. Data limit: unlimited, the 3rd/4th/5th guest will have a shared logon once onboard for their device."

Does anyone have experience with this promotion and their 3rd/4th/5th passengers getting a shared logon once onboard? I keep reading that MSC is a single device logon, so this sounds suspect to me. But, she is very confident when questioned on it.

Would love to verify that it works as explained to me by my TA. Thanks!

MSC internet access is sold by the device.   Max of 2 devices per stateroom being included with the package rate sums it up.  Any third+ passengers in the same cabin will need to purchase another package separately for additional devices.

44 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We have three people and are under the impression that we get two devices and will need to purchase a third on board if we wanted a third. 

You can actually purchase the third device in the cruise planner on the website. It’ll cost less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tierun said:

You can actually purchase the third device in the cruise planner on the website. It’ll cost less.

We are probably good with two... On other lines, Me and the wife share one and give the kid access to a second one. But it is good  to know in case we decide to just make it easy and all have one

3 minutes ago, Scottdalfonso said:

We are probably good with two... On other lines, Me and the wife share one and give the kid access to a second one. But it is good  to know in case we decide to just make it easy and all have one

Yeah the difference with MSC is that your device is locked once you login. So you don’t have the ability to log out and log back in with a different device. No sharing access unless you share the actual device that’s logged in.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any idea of what it cost for the Wifi for the third person in the room?  We have 3 in an Aurea room and our TA told us all 3 get spa access, drink package but only 2 get Wifi.

The internet package per day prices vary by ship, region and cruise length.  It's been a while but from the US a single device browse package usually ran about $9 to $12 per day.  Unfortunately online these prices are only shown once booked, but if you call an agent you can usually get a definitive price prior to booking.

5 hours ago, jcollin said:

Any idea of what it cost for the Wifi for the third person in the room?  We have 3 in an Aurea room and our TA told us all 3 get spa access, drink package but only 2 get Wifi.

It is easier if you just pull your reservation up in the planner and see what it is quoting you. 

On 5/20/2024 at 11:04 AM, Scottdalfonso said:

We have three people and are under the impression that we get two devices and will need to purchase a third on board if we wanted a third. 

That would be correct.