Equinox sleeping arrangement for four

Traveling with a large family group on the Equinox's 12/28/24 NYE cruise this year to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Turns out we will have our 21 year old twin daughters in our regular balcony cabin with us. I know, I know...🤪 but we are treating everyone and it's what's in the budget. What can we expect as far as where our girls will sleep? Both on a sofa bed or one on a sofa bed and one in a drop down bunk? It's cabin 8194. Thanks in advance! 

Posted (edited)

The deck plan says convertible sofa.  No indication of upper berth.  Are you sure this cabins holds 4?  EM

Edited by Essiesmom
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

The deck plan says convertible sofa.  No indication of upper berth.  Are you sure this cabins holds 4?  EM

I agree.  I don't believe this stateroom is configured to hold four passengers.  I believe three is the limit as the sofa is indicated as a single sofa bed. To accommodate four also requires an upper Pullman style bed. If you wanted to remain on deck 8 there are several on the hump location for a four-passenger configured stateroom.  There are also a number available on decks 6, 7, & 9.

I would contact whomever you are booking through to confirm this.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3

Yikes, I booked this on Celebrity's website and it let me book four into the room. The Conformation Booking email directly from Celebrity lists all four guests. Maybe I'll call. Thanks for the head's up.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, mommydoc said:

Yikes, I booked this on Celebrity's website and it let me book four into the room. The Conformation Booking email directly from Celebrity lists all four guests. Maybe I'll call. Thanks for the head's up.

If we are correct, it should be an easy fix.  Just have them confirm the actual sleeping configuration - certainly the deck plan could be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mommydoc said:

Traveling with a large family group on the Equinox's 12/28/24 NYE cruise this year to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Turns out we will have our 21 year old twin daughters in our regular balcony cabin with us. I know, I know...🤪 but we are treating everyone and it's what's in the budget. What can we expect as far as where our girls will sleep? Both on a sofa bed or one on a sofa bed and one in a drop down bunk? It's cabin 8194. Thanks in advance! 

Not sure this will have an impact, do you know this is aslo an adjoining cabin.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

Not sure this will have an impact, do you know this is aslo an adjoining cabin.

I'm really not trying to be picky but with terminology used by the cruise lines, it would be a "connecting" stateroom, one that has a door that opens to both.  Technically all staterooms are adjoining, or next to each other. 

The only reason I mention is there are stories of people not realizing the difference to the cruise line who requested "adjoining" when they meant "connecting" staterooms, and were given two next to each other, but that did not have a door opening between them and were subsequently disappointed with this.

But your intent is correct, 8194 connects to 8192.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, twins_to_alaska said:

It looks like the couch has a trundle bed.

that would be the pits

.ok for  our 8 and 4 yr old grandsons but adults dtrs..not going to work!

• Like 1

I know this is a completely different class of ship, but we had a short cruise booked on the Summit last year and were taking our twenty-something son with us. We booked a cabin that had an overhead bunk and a sofa. The problem is that he's very tall (6' 6") and we had doubts there was no way he was going to fit into the overhead bunk. No problem - the room had a sofa and we assumed it was a pullout sofa, like we have had in many categories of cabins. Upon arrival, we discovered the sofa was just a sofa and the overhead bunk was not going to work. We had to go and beg (on a full ship) for a different cabin with a pullout sofa or he was going to have to sleep on the floor. Luckily there was a cancellation at the last minute and they were able to switch us. My point is that you really need to verify that there are enough beds for all four of you.

• Like 2