Marina Redo

true45

24 minutes ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

Sailed on Marina July 6th - 16th July 2024 .

Previous cruises had been on Riviera and before the refurb.

We had an amazing time on Marina food was good, staff attentive, cabin was great.

What kind of room did you book?  Can you tell whether it was renewed?  Interested in bathroom renovation and USB plugs in the cabin.  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, astrotoy said:

We had a Vista Suite on deck 12

The bathroom was not renewed but to be honest it looked good and it still had a whirlpool tub which made the hubby happy.
I had brought an adapter with me which had USB ports. However there was one USB port next to the bed
We had sailed on Riviera prior the refurb so we knew USB ports were in short supply.

My expectation on the Marina redo was low but I was pleasantly surprised. Our suite was not refurbed. Yet it looked fresh and it was clean .

They did remove the Jaccuzi tub from the balcony. Not a major loss.

i would be happy to sail on Marina again if I can find a decent itinerary.

32 minutes ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

The bathroom was not renewed but to be honest it looked good and it still had a whirlpool tub which made the hubby happy.
I had brought an adapter with me which had USB ports. However there was one USB port next to the bed
We had sailed on Riviera prior the refurb so we knew USB ports were in short supply.

My expectation on the Marina redo was low but I was pleasantly surprised. Our suite was not refurbed. Yet it looked fresh and it was clean .

Are you saying that the Oceania Suite on Marina was not redone? Just removal of outside jacuzzi?

40 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

Are you saying that the Oceania Suite on Marina was not redone? Just removal of outside jacuzzi?

I believe they said they were in a Vista Suite. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SATaxman said:

They did; however, I thought everything above PH was redone.

The PH's had a major redo in the final iteration of the plans .  Staterooms below and suites above were the left outs of major work.. Here's what was said by Oceania:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-experience/post/marina/new-features-coming-may-2024-marinas-refurbishment

Edited by 1985rz1

25 minutes ago, 1985rz1 said:

The PH's had a major redo in the final iteration of the plans .  Staterooms below and suites above were the left outs of major work.. Here's what was said by Oceania:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-experience/post/marina/new-features-coming-may-2024-marinas-refurbishment

I saw t6his on your link:

All upper suites will be reimagined with a revamped look, to become lighter, brighter and seemingly even more spacious thanks to cleverly designed new features. 

So ity isn'y just the PH suites

4 minutes ago, Cruising Maryland said:

All upper suites will be reimagined with a revamped look, to become lighter, brighter and seemingly even more spacious thanks to cleverly designed new features. 

That was the plan, here is the result:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceania-experience/post/ships/marinas-refurbishment-new-culinary-venues-all-new-penthouse-suites-more#blog-navigation

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Cruising Maryland said:

Yes, but the "re-imagination" was not a major revamping like the PHs got...more of a "refreshment."  Still it should at least looked upgraded.

https://www.nclhltd.com/news-media/press-releases/detail/607/oceania-cruises-marina-returns-to-service-after-extensive

Edited by 1985rz1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2024 at 3:36 AM, clo said:

Oh sorry. I wasn't asking about O's motive or plans but rather passengers' upset. Is there something wrong with it?

last year, our balcony B3, had problems with the air conditioning, the furniture was tired and had damages. So a new curtain doesn‘t help 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2024 at 3:37 PM, urlaub said:

ast year, our balcony B3, had problems with the air conditioning, the furniture was tired and had damages. So a new curtain doesn‘t help 

Sigh..well on an up note you still have Jacques and the Escargot!!🤗

Now I need to look at Riveria Itinerary and  try and find out why I didn’t book there. A shower and snails- what a deal!!😎😎

Edited by Thought2go
  • Haha 2

On Marina now, Horizons new carpet and drapes look great, GDR carpet is nice (unless red wine spills…), Polo Grill is stunning. Our concierge veranda cabin is the same, lovely. IMG_1688.thumb.jpeg.c19b8e9f28592062ca0cfceaad2b7a1a.jpegIMG_1654.thumb.jpeg.594c2605b6f8456babdd8247ab9eb36d.jpegIMG_1703.thumb.jpeg.3ad13215cb654dc37d5b97cd13c20411.jpegIMG_1738.thumb.jpeg.9905ae6bb2d63bfc69ff4e633e83d0c4.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 7/26/2024 at 1:14 PM, Cruisingagain2022 said:

I am SO confused....as I thought that everything "above" a PH had been refurbished?  Sort of sucks to pay for VISTA Suite fares and not have a THING done during the refurbish?  Or am I missing something?   

16 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

I am SO confused....as I thought that everything "above" a PH had been refurbished?  Sort of sucks to pay for VISTA Suite fares and not have a THING done during the refurbish?  Or am I missing something?   

Yes, missing something.  Upper suites were not renovated.  Only PH was completely renovated. Per their release on 12/8, upper suites above PH were just revamped to look brighter, etc….no actual renovations. 

4 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Yes, missing something.  Upper suites were not renovated.  Only PH was completely renovated. Per their release on 12/8, upper suites above PH were just revamped to look brighter, etc….no actual renovations. 

Did they remove the outside jacuzzis?

1 hour ago, EJL2023 said:

It is disappointing since when we booked our March 2025 Marina cruise in January 2023, we were told by Oceania that all of the cabins were getting refurbished in line with Riviera before our cruise in 2024. To me it felt like bait and switch but not much we can do about it.

12 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

It is disappointing since when we booked our March 2025 Marina cruise in January 2023, we were told by Oceania that all of the cabins were getting refurbished in line with Riviera before our cruise in 2024. To me it felt like bait and switch but not much we can do about it.

At that time they did not know what a success Aquamar and the new Waves would be and chose to take some of the time and laborers to do those refurbishments that could be enjoyed by everyone onboard,  It appears that all suites got the soft good refurbished.  The only big refurbishment that Riviera got and Marina will not is the remake of some of the bathrooms.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, basor said:

At that time they did not know what a success Aquamar and the new Waves would be and chose to take some of the time and laborers to do those refurbishments that could be enjoyed by everyone onboard....

They chose NOT to hire extra workers and/or pay overtime in order to finish BOTH the originally scheduled work and the additional work you mention. 

Edited by MEFIowa
Typo
  • Like 1

Photo displayed of verandah cabin for Marina (when you’re in O website booking) is of the totally refurbished Riviera. On Deck Layout, also displays Riviera with “limited” tub cabins. This should be corrected. It is false and misleading, especially to new O cruisers. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jayne E said:

... On Deck Layout, also displays Riviera with “limited” tub cabins. This should be corrected. It is false and misleading, especially to new O cruisers. 

Though, IIRC O fails to get the deck plans right for Marina & Riviera regarding the differences in their therapy pools, on the spa deck. Only Riviera has the larger T-shaped pool. And Sirena's deck plan fails to show the two bathrooms on Deck 10 outside Horizons, installed when she was owned by Princess Cruises.

2 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Photo displayed of verandah cabin for Marina (when you’re in O website booking) is of the totally refurbished Riviera. On Deck Layout, also displays Riviera with “limited” tub cabins. This should be corrected. It is false and misleading, especially to new O cruisers. 

Yeah, that’s bad. 

2 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Yes false and misleading and insulting.

6 hours ago, Jayne E said:

I'm not seeing what you are seeing. The schematic and photos in both the following link, https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/suites-staterooms

and during booking https://www.oceaniacruises.com/plan-a-cruise/MNA241115/

show a tub in the As and Bs.
image.thumb.png.8bbb0bfe64ceeb2ec2175374fdfad107.png

image.png.4565a999c4e05a88bae1e30a144382ba.png

7 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Do you have a link to the page you were looking at?