Customer services?

Does P&O have anyone answering the phone these days?

I've tried calling 3 times this week and each time been on hold for up to an hour! 

Sorry just having a rant 😀

11 minutes ago, Bobblehat71 said:

Does P&O have anyone answering the phone these days?

I've tried calling 3 times this week and each time been on hold for up to an hour! 

Not until you have been on hold for 61 minutes😂😂

• Haha 3

Nope. They take forever to answer the phone and ignore the online forms as well, I tried that.

The only thing that seems to have had a prompt response (for me anyway) was Facebook messenger, they have always come back within an hour on two on that (but they can’t do everything that they can on the phone).

Last cruise I wanted to book a Bon voyage package and eventually just gave up after holding on the phone, the only way to do it apparently.

We had the Bon Voyage package on Iona and it is definitely worth having. I must have lucked out because I only waited about 10 mins and I used the Freefone number. 

3 minutes ago, sandancer said:

I called Princess yesterday and they answered in 2 rings. I’m not saying it’s always like that but def quicker than P&O. 

Separate teams.

Certainly today, P&O are getting a lot of calls re airline changes!

Posted (edited)

Thanks. I want to email them as I want something in writing. 
it’s gone now, must have been a blip. Now to see if I get a reply. 

Edited by sandancer

15 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Thanks. I want to email them as I want something in writing. 
it’s gone now, must have been a blip. Now to see if I get a reply. 

Last time I emailed them they replied with an answer a month after we travelled (which was 2 months after I emailed) 😂

If you have booked with a TA it's worth asking them to submit your enquiry via the agents line.

We do feel its an area that really lets P and O down , same with e mails ( no reply after ten weeks now) as our bookings are with a TA we usually leave it up to them , in context we have had to contact Fred twice in the last three months and the call was answered within two minutes and our query dealt with immediately, as this will be our first time with them it bodes well for our upcoming cruise

2 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Separate teams.

Certainly today, P&O are getting a lot of calls re airline changes!

Poor excuse they have been like this for years. Last time excuse was things will improve as they are currently employing and training more personnel. But things have never improved. I had reason to ring Customer Services only recently and hung up after waiting for nearly an hour and immediately rang again but pushed number for booking a new cruise and was answered within 2 minutes. What a coincidence that was.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

P&O shore side customer services have always been terrible on both phone and email. Very long queue times on the phone and emails responded to after weeks/months/never. The Sales line though, no problem!

I think at that this point its embedded in the brands DNA that there is no shore side customer service and maybe they are happy with this position. Clearly for other brands like Princess, a heightened customer service is part of that brand. Carnival could sort out the issues with P&O but it seems to me this they don't think it is worth the investment/priority for P&O.

On board things are alot better. It is why often if you have a problem you need to get it sorted on board as once you leave the ship and deal with shore side customer service... well... there basically is none.

Edited by DS_Dean
  • Like 2