Free laundry bag question

riandei

Website states 1 bag per 7 night cruise.  Would this mean 2 bags on a 12 night cruise.

this is for discoverer level.

thank you

25 minutes ago, riandei said:

Website states 1 bag per 7 night cruise.  Would this mean 2 bags on a 12 night cruise.

thank you

Unfortunately not it has to be a full 7 days so the second bag would only apply to a cruise of 14 days or more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riandei said:

thank you

But, this also depends on which type of accommodation you occupy! 

It’s also very easy to use the self service laundry. We just set a timer on our phones and go about our business and come back, throw stuff in the dryer, set timer and before you know it, it’s done 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

It’s also very easy to use the self service laundry. We just set a timer on our phones and go about our business and come back, throw stuff in the dryer, set timer and before you know it, it’s done 

All very well, but if there are problems with the machines and demand is high, you cannot assume that you can saunter down there with your washing and that a macine will be available. 

Furthermore, it is not at all unusual to find that there is a machine idle, but still full of clothes! Apparently some people can get very upset if you empty their finished laundry out of the machine.

Staff and crew, right up to the Captain, are fully aware of the disputes that arise in the laundry. 

I'd suggest that if you want to enjoy a relaxing holiday, and if your cruise is one of only 12 days, wash stuff in your room, and pack sufficient to cope for your holiday without the need to use the laundry room.

But, having said all of this, we always take a suite, and our loyalty level means that we never need to use the laundry! 

6 minutes ago, cayman09 said:

Am I to understand that a CC Suite gets more than one bag for  12 night cruise? Its our first one on Azamara.

One bag every 7 days, therefore, AFAIK, just one bag for a 12-night cruise.

But, loyalty levels augment this. As a 'newbie', no extra bags. 

22 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Sadly, we’ve never sailed in a suite, and happily, we’ve never experienced any friction in the laundry room 😊

Well, be that as it may, on our last cruise there were lots of complaints, but I think there was at least one machine out of action.

3 hours ago, riandei said:

thank you

If you need extra bags last I heard it is $40 for a bag. What you choose squeeze in the bag is another topic. They offer 3/5/8 bag specials, I was told recently 5 bags for $100, 8 bags for $110. I dont remember the price for 3 bags but it didn't seem like a worthwhile choice to me. We have a B2B coming up in September. I don't mind the self service laundry but if they let us use the purchased laundry through our B2B total of 21 days..I would go for 8 bags. But IMHO we are lucky on Azamara to have any laundry included. Most lines do not include this perk.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Sadly, we’ve never sailed in a suite, and happily, we’ve never experienced any friction in the laundry room 😊

We have only sailed Azamara once and we were upgraded from a balcony to a suite.  Alas it was 10 years ago when still part of rccl.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PirateWife said:

I find the laundry room to be the most social venue on the ship. Yes, there have been some curmudgeons, but most people are pleasant and helpful.

Agree.  We have only had pleasant encounters there.  Been cruising Azamara since 2009.  

• Like 2

After 17 cruises only positive interaction in the laundry and people very sociable and supporting each other.

• Like 4