B2B turn around day ?

When on a B2B, on turn around day, do you have to be on ship at the same time as those newly embarking passengers, ie 2 hr before sailing, or is it 30 min as on a port stop day?

I've been on B2B's before but have stayed on the ship on turn around days so never looked into this. This time is in Boston and sail away is at 3 pm. 

12 hours ago, electro said:

When on a B2B, on turn around day, do you have to be on ship at the same time as those newly embarking passengers, ie 2 hr before sailing, or is it 30 min as on a port stop day?

I've been on B2B's before but have stayed on the ship on turn around days so never looked into this. This time is in Boston and sail away is at 3 pm. 

I would check that day ..

They'll give you instructions on the first leg. I've gone home on turnaround day and had to be back an hour before sailing.

We live close to Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) and I needed to do some work stuff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

I would check that day ..

That makes it hard to plan anything in advance. I will check on the ship but I would like to have some idea before the cruise.

What are you planning that runs up against the departure deadline? (If it's a crime and you are using the slowest getaway vehicle known to man, please don't post it here.)

• Haha 3

On 5/23/2024 at 2:47 PM, electro said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but all aboard for the new pax is 90 minutes ahead of sailing, not 2 hours.

13 hours ago, POA1 said:

What are you planning that runs up against the departure deadline? (If it's a crime and you are using the slowest getaway vehicle known to man, please don't post it here.)

Actually, just want to go to lunch in little Italy. Worried about traffic getting back to the ship if we have to be on for 1.

13 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

I don't know the answer to your question, but all aboard for the new pax is 90 minutes ahead of sailing, not 2 hours.

Thanks for that info. I know on some other lines it's 2 hrs. I like to get on early so I never worried about it, but since this is like a port stop for us with an early sail away I was hoping for a bit more time.

HAL has sent me an email stating lots of construction in the area. I would keep that in mind depending on what you have planned.

For myself, I plan on staying on board to Montreal.

Safe travelling. Happytotravel 

1 hour ago, happytotravel said:

HAL has sent me an email stating lots of construction in the area. I would keep that in mind depending on what you have planned.

For myself, I plan on staying on board to Montreal.

Safe travelling. Happytotravel 

Yeah, I got that as well. I really wish they weren't leaving so early. Don't really want to stay on board in Boston since that is the only day there and we have 2 days everywhere else on the B2b, but I might. I don't know if there is anything to see within walking distance to the ship.

On 5/24/2024 at 4:53 AM, POA1 said:

They'll give you instructions on the first leg. I've gone home on turnaround day and had to be back an hour before sailing.

We live close to Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) and I needed to do some work stuff.

What did that drive home take you, all of eight minutes? or did you swim across the turning basin and entrance channel? 🤪

• Haha 2