QA British Isles Voyage

Megabear2

Just now, watsonbeau said:

Disappointed, (not with the city as love Liverpool) but the 5 people picked hardly dressed for the occasion! Some looked like they had just come from the gym. All in all a bit of a damp squib. 

I’m sure QA is lovely inside ( am booked for later this year) but at risk of offending, exterior wise I’m not keen as she looks more like a block of flats particularly forward - the Vistas and QM2 are more aesthetically pleasing. In fact is the hull was painted white she would look like a whale ! Just my opinion. I will now runaway and hide …!

Cunard's Queen Anne is a departure from the more traditional. The appeal is hopefully, apparently [although not obvious on our cruise 😄] to a new, younger clientele.

The chosen Liverpool ladies blend beautifully with that  idea..and Sporty Spice lived up to her name!

• Like 2

To counter some of the negativity, it's a great choice, and an honour for the City of Liverpool. I think Queen Anne looks beautiful, and I think the spokespeople are well chosen to represent Liverpool (I don't think it fair to judge individuals on what they wear either, there is no accounting for taste!). Looking forward to sailing on her in a few months.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Cunard's Queen Anne is a departure from the more traditional. The appeal is hopefully, apparently [although not obvious on our cruise 😄] to a new, younger clientele.

The chosen Liverpool ladies blend beautifully with that  idea..and Sporty Spice lived up to her name!

I agree, this is Cunard changing with the times to a certain extend, albeit keeping some of the traditions alive.

The ladies in question are great ambassadors for the City given their personal achievements.

Although I doubt Mel C will get into the dining room for the gala dinner 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DukeBeetle24 said:

To counter some of the negativity, it's a great choice, and an honour for the City of Liverpool. I think Queen Anne looks beautiful, and I think the spokespeople are well chosen to represent Liverpool (I don't think it fair to judge individuals on what they wear either, there is no accounting for taste!). Looking forward to sailing on her in a few months.

We have a few cruises booked on her.

If we were disappointed, we would have transferred our bookings to QM2 [gulp, there's an admission] but we weren't.

Not 100% enamoured I have to admit but most of that was down to unfamiliarity and a teething issue which was resolved for us.

She's different, no doubt about it, but she's also the same. Go  and enjoy.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the photos @Megabear2. Very disappointing with not only not having a Godmother but aspects of the ceremony itself with the errors in the presenting and the choice of language such as "you guys". 

It is not what I associate Cunard standing for or representing.

Edited to note - it looks like some comments (of the few that have been posted) on social media have been removed, and Cunard are replying to the favourable ones. 

Edited by CarlaMarie
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, CarlaMarie said:

Thank you for the photos @Megabear2. Very disappointing with not only not having a Godmother but aspects of the ceremony itself with the errors in the presenting and the choice of language such as "you guys". 

It is not what I associate Cunard standing for or representing.

Edited to note - it looks like some comments (of the few that have been posted) on social media have been removed, and Cunard are replying to the favourable ones. 

Well spotted ! I thought it was only me that had noticed that.  Cunard just keeping up the Hype 

• Like 3

To paraphrase. "It was Cunard, but not as we know it!" And referring to the likes of Mayor of Liverpool, Chief Exec of Carnival, and Captain of Queen Anne as you guys...... unthinkable in my traditional virw

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Selbourne said:

As for the presenters - I just dismay at the appalling diction that so many people use nowadays. They sound so illiterate when words like ‘bottle’ are pronounced ‘Bo-all’ 🙄

Agree with you entirely. My pet hate is when presenters don’t know the difference between sat and sitting, and stood and standing 😡.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I certainly hope the ceremony for Cunard’s 250th vessel has a better image than this:

20240603_160711.jpg.88025beb113b843477e7

Thank you for photo credit and great coverage to @Megabear2

Edited by NE John
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Then again, you claim to be the only one who can work the Illy coffee machine in Grills cabins so we bow to your boundless optimism.  Me, I am wondering if they will get to no. 250 if this is any indication....  I am stopping at nos. 246-248 thanks very much. 

13 minutes ago, NE John said:

I certainly hope the ceremony for Cunard’s 250th vessel has a better image than this:

20240603_160711.jpg.88025beb113b843477e7

Thank you for photo credit and great coverage to @Megabear2

The dog enjoyed it! He was woofing along for a while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, watsonbeau said:

Disappointed, (not with the city as love Liverpool) but the 5 people picked hardly dressed for the occasion! Some looked like they had just come from the gym. All in all a bit of a damp squib. 

I’m sure QA is lovely inside ( am booked for later this year) but at risk of offending, exterior wise I’m not keen as she looks more like a block of flats particularly forward - the Vistas and QM2 are more aesthetically pleasing. In fact is the hull was painted white she would look like a whale ! Just my opinion. I will now runaway and hide …!

I’m glad you said it!  Looks more than a little like a container ship to us.  But the inside sounds lovely, from what we’ve heard so far.

1 minute ago, alc13 said:

I’m glad you said it!  Looks more than a little like a container ship to us.  But the inside sounds lovely, from what we’ve heard so far.

I think (most of) the interior is gorgeous. I’m afraid they all look like blocks of flats, even QM2, if you can’t see the hull. It is the price you pay for giving people balconies.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

Well spotted ! I thought it was only me that had noticed that.  Cunard just keeping up the Hype 

Yes posts have definitely been deleted, yet there are alot of replies from Cunard to the influencer accounts. I expect the comments pointing out the loyalty shown by the Port of Southampton to Cunard, their home port, and not being named a Godparent will be removed soon! 

Something else picked up is that Matt Willis said tonight "she will set sail for her first of many voyages, now named as Queen Anne". Yes she has been named today, but it isn't her first cruise and is already partly through a cruise now. 

Edited by CarlaMarie

5 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

Then again, you claim to be the only one who can work the Illy coffee machine in Grills cabins so we bow to your boundless optimism.  Me, I am wondering if they will get to no. 250 if this is any indication....  I am stopping at nos. 246-248 thanks very much. 

Ha…All Illy coffee making credit goes my Italian born DW, I just supervise!
Overall, I still believe Cunard offers more good than bad but they need to define their mission and purpose for “setting sail” going forward. For the record, I am not unhappy that QA plans few US port stops looking ahead.  

• Like 2

Unfortunately I got stuck at work and arrived at Pier Head just as she moved back to her mooring position.

However, I am very honoured to be one of her godparents, even without having clean shoes or capped teeth! I assume this will garner me special treatment when I go aboard in August. (I wonder how fed up of those jokes the staff will be by then?)

DSC_1513.JPG

DSC_1514.JPG

DSC_1515.JPG

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Clewgarnet said:

I assume this will garner me special treatment when I go aboard in August

I'd be on the phone first thing tomorrow about additional OBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, WantedOnVoyage said:

No, my Italian husband has always used the machines, both in QE and QA.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

No, my Italian husband has always used the machines, both in QE and QA.

I knew there was a second CC’er who also mastered the Illy!