B2B Port Canaveral

vegnorf

Good afternoon. We're considering a B2B, departing from Port Canaveral. I've done a B2B with a different cruise line, different port, but never Princess. Would anyone share their experience with a B2B from Port Canaveral please? We're not interested in exploring the area, just want to stay on the ship.

Thanks

As this is a US port, you will receive information at the end of your first cruise as to where to meet to go through immigration and then get back on the ship. Same as any other US port.

Ok. Thanks, so we have to get off the ship. I was wondering, because for the two B2Bs I did on another cruise line, I did not have to get off the ship. I was asked to hand my passport to a specific crew member, who took it and the other folks doing the B2B. He took the passports through the process, while we waited about five minutes for him to return onboard and handed them back to us. Super simple.

And this was a US port? US Immigration must see everyone to zero out the ship. On some occasions, usually if there are a lot of B2Bs, an agent may come onboard to do the inspection.

No one will be able to answer your specific question as Princess has yet to sail from Port Canaveral.  But as mentioned above it is highly likely that it will follow the same process as Port Everglades and you'll have to exit the ship and then reboard after clearing immigration.  Port Canaveral does have facial recognition software so it should be a relatively simple process.

• Thanks 1

I have done it at PC on Carnival and MSC.  All consecutive cruisers meet at a certain time and designated place, and are walked off, scanned with facial recognition, and walk back up the ramps to the ship.  EM

Some important information

-Read all the information fully and follow the instructions exactly. Carry your passport and medallion with you.

-If even one person is not accounted for that person must be located before anyone can return to the ship

-You will be asked to meet in a certain lounge or other location at a certain time. Do Not be late.

Once the entire b2b group of passengers is assembled a staff member will lead the group off the ship through immigration and back on the ship.

- If you are staying in the same cabin leave all your stuff there just like any other day. Your cabin steward will service the cabin as normal.

-If you are changing cabins speak with your cabin steward before hand. A tip is to hang as much in your closet as possible. Those items will be transferred on hangers and hung in the new cabin. Other stuff has to be placed in suitcases for moving.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your responses. Yes, the time I did a B2B it was around 2015, and it was a US port. We haven't reserved a spot on the cruise yet, as I'm recovering from a knee replacement; it is a slow recovery. Like the well known statement, "Stay on target,"  I hope to be able to gain my mobility by December. This B2B, actually B2B2B, is my target to look forward to.

Thanks,

Happy Cruising!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, vegnorf said:

Thanks for all your responses. Yes, the time I did a B2B it was around 2015, and it was a US port. We haven't reserved a spot on the cruise yet, as I'm recovering from a knee replacement; it is a slow recovery. Like the well known statement, "Stay on target,"  I hope to be able to gain my mobility by December. This B2B, actually B2B2B, is my target to look forward to.

Thanks,

Happy Cruising!

Back in 2009 we had a swine flu scare and cruises to Mexico were rerouted to Canada.  I did a B2B on Carnival Splendor.  On my first leg was a woman who was recovering from her second knee replacement in several months.  She was in a nursing home for rehab, and asked the doc if she could go home, she was depressed.  He said not unless she had someone to cook for her, make her bed, and a place to walk.  She said she knew exactly where to get that, and booked three cruises B2B.  EM

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Prior to Covid doing b2b's out of Fort Lauderdale we have stayed on the ship and we have gotten off the ship (a meeting area inside the terminal). As other folks have said, you will get a letter the night before explaining everything.

24 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Back in 2009 we had a swine flu scare and cruises to Mexico were rerouted to Canada.  I did a B2B on Carnival Splendor.  On my first leg was a woman who was recovering from her second knee replacement in several months.  She was in a nursing home for rehab, and asked the doc if she could go home, she was depressed.  He said not unless she had someone to cook for her, make her bed, and a place to walk.  She said she knew exactly where to get that, and booked three cruises B2B.  EM

I like that type of rehab 🙂