Anyone purchasing the unlimited dining plan on Utopia of the Seas?

49 minutes ago, EbayCruiser said:

The price for our 4 night cruise is $189.99 pp that includes gratuities.  It is listed as 40% off.

Never purchased UDP 

Not sure what your question is. Yes,  there will be plenty purchasing the UDP. Thats $48 per meal, not a bad price. Even better if you have a sea day where a specialty lunch would also be included.  The 40% off number is from the price you would pay if booked onboard.  With the UDP you would still need to make all reservations as soon as you board. 

If you trying to determine if others on your sailing are considering buying the UDP, perhaps you should post this on the Roll Call for your itinerary, which will address others sailing with you.

Otherwise I am uncertain of your question.

Sorry I tried to post this question 3 times with a cat in my lap.  Didn't work out so well, LOL!

I just wondered it that price was a good price, I realize it is kinda high but it is a new ship!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, EbayCruiser said:

Sorry I tried to post this question 3 times with a cat in my lap.  Didn't work out so well, LOL!

I just wondered it that price was a good price, I realize it is kinda high but it is a new ship!

The prices will vary by sailing and by sale or promotion within a given itinerary.  As was mentioned earlier, just do the math on the total nights (and lunch) and compare to the published prices for each restaurant to see if the value is there.  The other thing to keep in mind is that once you purchase it, if the price decreases later you can cancel and rebook up to 2 days prior to sailing through the planner to take advantage of the better price without penalty.

Was wondering about your first couple of posts with this - LOL.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We are on the new inaugural sailing of the Utopia and have purchased the UDP for just about $126 / person.  Even though it is a short 3-day cruise, we think its worth it.  We normally dine in the specialty restaurants and for this trip looking forward to enjoying Hooked, 150 CP, and a venue to be named later.  Add in a Playmakers lunch, we be set.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

As was mentioned earlier, just do the math on the total nights (and lunch) and compare to the published prices for each restaurant to see if the value is there.

Also don't forget to add in that each person gets $20/day (I think that's the amount) to use at Playmakers.

44 minutes ago, daninwi said:

We are on the new inaugural sailing of the Utopia and have purchased the UDP for just about $126 / person.  Even though it is a short 3-day cruise, we think its worth it.  We normally dine in the specialty restaurants and for this trip looking forward to enjoying Hooked, 150 CP, and a venue to be named later.  Add in a Playmakers lunch, we be set.  

Hooked was good on Symphony.  

• Like 1

I will be on the Utopia Aug 12th this is my first RCCL cruise so can you explain the Playmakers?? Right now I have Chops Grille booked for lunch. Do you guys eat at specialty restaurants because you don't like the buffett or dining room?

Thanks in advance

16 minutes ago, siestakeys04 said:

can you explain the Playmakers?

It's a sports bar with standard bar food that I personally think is very good. Love the burgers, garlic parm fries, and onion rings. No reservations. A la carte menu that can be found in the app.

Was there anything else you needed explained?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's a sports bar with standard bar food that I personally think is very good. Love the burgers, garlic parm fries, and onion rings. No reservations. A la carte menu that can be found in the app.

Was there anything else you needed explained?

Okay thanks, good to know there is another place to go. Since this is our first time trying to see if they is anything we should try not to miss.

Edited by siestakeys04
  • Like 1

DH and I wish they would put a Playmakers on every ship! Even though the food is not included, the prices are very reasonable. We usually enjoy the wings, stack of onion rings, and maybe one of their delicious sundaes for dessert! If you're a sports fan (we enjoy NFL), there are lots of TV's for your enjoyment! Cheers!

On 5/28/2024 at 8:39 AM, siestakeys04 said:

I will be on the Utopia Aug 12th this is my first RCCL cruise so can you explain the Playmakers?? Right now I have Chops Grille booked for lunch. Do you guys eat at specialty restaurants because you don't like the buffett or dining room?

Thanks in advance

As mentioned, Playmakers is a sports bar on a few of Royal's ships.  Concur with the notion of including it on all of the ships.  The food is good, and pretty reasonable from an add-on fee point of view.  The fries, tenders, wings, and chicken sandwich are all pretty good.  

My family enjoys the buffet - the variety is pretty good and the food is okay.  Because we normally pick up the dining package, we have not ventured enough into the main dining room to form an opinion on it.  

We are doing a B2B on Utopia (9-13 and 9-16).  We purchased the UDP for the first leg (3-nighter) and will eat at the Coastal Kitchen and/or use BOGO on leg #2.

Since this will be our first cruise(s) on this new ship, we want to try and hit all the restaurants  at least once.  The “sales” this past week for specialty dining were notable - particularly for the 3 night packages which rarely go on “sale” at all.

We have decided, over the years, that the UDP is, in most cases, just too much food for us but we will make an exception on UT for the 3-nighter since there will only be 1 lunch included (boarding day).

• Like 2

I was thinking about purchasing the UDP for our Utopia B2B next February but decided that the BOGO would be a better deal for each leg to experience most (if not all) of the specialty restaurants. For experienced cruisers, is this a correct assumption? I know there may be a possibility of some restaurants being unavailable, since we can only reserve the BOGO when we board the ship. TIA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SilkySal said:

I was thinking about purchasing the UDP for our Utopia B2B next February but decided that the BOGO would be a better deal for each leg to experience most (if not all) of the specialty restaurants. For experienced cruisers, is this a correct assumption? I know there may be a possibility of some restaurants being unavailable, since we can only reserve the BOGO when we board the ship. TIA

I think this is a solid plan.  It’s what we usually do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I think this is a solid plan.

Agreed with one addition... Mason Jar brunch is very different from dinner and my favorite specialty meal right now (full disclosure, we don't do much specialty dining). I'd keep an eye out for a sale and add that to your BOGO dinners (if the menu appeals to you, of course).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Agreed with one addition... Mason Jar brunch is very different from dinner and my favorite specialty meal right now (full disclosure, we don't do much specialty dining). I'd keep an eye out for a sale and add that to your BOGO dinners (if the menu appeals to you, of course).

Do you recommend the Mason Jar for brunch or dinner? I enjoy a good brunch.

27 minutes ago, siestakeys04 said:

Do you recommend the Mason Jar for brunch or dinner? I enjoy a good brunch.

Never tried dinner but absolutely love the brunch.

IMG_3831.thumb.jpeg.9ce0254421dbd8eecada71fbfc6afcea.jpeg

IMG_3834.thumb.jpeg.17b2014e73769c3460bde4a501b1a617.jpeg

IMG_0670.thumb.jpeg.9558664be53ec245c390a41bb7b1d90e.jpeg

IMG_0669.thumb.jpeg.10edeb1cc4c54b723f5c4886a9951a1a.jpeg

IMG_1967.thumb.jpeg.022ff70705b7eed4561f54db03804e8a.jpeg

IMG_3839.thumb.jpeg.6bb73130eb0a36f15a7adecfc79ca964.jpeg

IMG_3849.thumb.jpeg.f401b32d2262defcc3d6663962e8e316.jpeg

IMG_3851.thumb.jpeg.72c356141d5fe713a0d59abb48d958f5.jpeg

IMG_0676.thumb.jpeg.d04eb4607b8b3915ccd57b48db024f55.jpeg

• Like 2

I was waiting for a $300 OBC from RC Visa card to hit my reservation to buy UDP.  It could take a few days.

The plan was 40% off but that sale ended today and it is now only 5% off.  Hoping it goes back to 40% at a later date, if not we will pass.

7 minutes ago, siestakeys04 said:

Looks amazing brunch for the win

Hope you like it as much as we do! I'll be having brunch there on Wonder on Tuesday, can't wait! 😋

• Like 1