Umbrellas in cabins

I’ve had one in a verandah and Neptune suite.  I think they are in all cabins.  Since I don’t know your category, if in doubt check the amenities on the HAl site but to the best of my knowledge they are iin all staterooms.  They are large - like a golf umbrella.  I think that is the best description?

Posted (edited)

I've always had them in suites, but verandah has been hit/miss.

My only inside cabin did not have one.

They are available at the gangway, so you can pick one up as you scan out.

Or if a smaller one will do, the compact ones are lightweight and take up little room.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment

2 hours ago, Minoushka said:

Are there any umbrellas in cabins guests can use on rainy days ?..if so I will not shlep one 

Even if there are, umbrellas are not a great idea for Alaska ports. If it’s raining, it’s probably also windy so umbrellas won’t be much use.  Add the throngs of people in port and umbrellas can be a hazard. A good rain coat with a hood and maybe even a baseball cap, will serve you much better…

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KruisinKath said:

Even if there are, umbrellas are not a great idea for Alaska ports. If it’s raining, it’s probably also windy so umbrellas won’t be much use.  Add the throngs of people in port and umbrellas can be a hazard. A good rain coat with a hood and maybe even a baseball cap, will serve you much better…

This ⬆️.  Ya beat me to it 😉😉😉

16 hours ago, KruisinKath said:

We are currently aboard the Zuiderdam in a verandah cabin.  There is one large orange umbrella in the cupboard where it will remain.  We just dress for the appropriate conditions with good raingear and waterproof shoes.

I have to agree that the large umbrellas can be a hazard to others.  I saw a passenger carrying one on a recent excursion in Aarhus.  She wandered by a standing couple apparently oblivious to the umbrella coverage area.  One of her umbrella rib tips passed within one inch of one of the couples unprotected eyes.  They were very upset with the event.  A very close call.