Woo Hoo... Pinnacle now equals Zenith on Celebrity

15 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

I think it’s the Pinnacles they want to encourage because of the overcrowding in the suite areas on Royal. Celebrity never gave Zeniths access to Luminae or the sundeck which was smart on their part. Royal gave Pinnacles access to all the suite perks and they have created a monster. Since awarding double points there are a lot more Pinnacles and the suite venues are becoming a problem. On the Anthem TA there was a waiting line every night outside of Coastal and some of the people that paid big money for those suites were not too happy to be waiting when half of Coastal was wearing pins. Don’t get me wrong, I am Pinnacle, but I also understand the suite guests point of view because we mostly sail in suites. 

You explained in detail the same reasons I think they did this move for Pinnacles. We were on wonder in a suite in January and we booked our CK dinner times before we boarded, but the lounge was filled with pinnacles every night and some nights we had nowhere to sit in the lounge at all and I did notice it and not like that either. We paid ALOT for our GS and didn’t like that we couldn’t get a seat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamon said:

Cruise Wizard:::

do you have copy of menu for the Zenith lunch held at Blu?????

Unfortunately they took back the menu's - I'm not sure if it is a set menu or if the choices change cruise to cruise.

2 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Remember that their are Pinnacles that sail in suites.

Yes true, but there aren’t that many suites in that area to match how many were in the suite lounge most nights and also during the days in the lounge and sun deck on Wonder.  We got to know many who were in suites. I’m not sure but did hear that only a certain amount could come in, but the doors were open all the time so really anyone could have walked in.

17 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

We will stay within the RCG family but Princess and Holland America may be looking for Pinnacles to jump ship with a status match........ala MSC. We older / seasoned cruisers are still a large market and some company will take advantage of the crossovers / graduating classes by offering some nice benefits. Carnival, Disney, NCL and Royal will be battling for the younger generation. Viking has shown quite an interest in the golden agers that want to cruise - sending a big wake up call!!!!!

Indeed they did.  😉 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Yes true, but there aren’t that many suites in that area to match how many were in the suite lounge most nights and also during the days in the lounge and sun deck on Wonder.  We got to know many who were in suites. I’m not sure but did hear that only a certain amount could come in, but the doors were open all the time so really anyone could have walked in.

I detest that on Wonder.  No one ever seems to shut the door behind them when they open it with their sea pass card in the keyed entry.  

I blame that more on the ship though.  Other Oasis class ships have the keyed entry door with a self closure on it.  Witnessed many times pax walking up one flight from the WJ and just wondering around.  Some of them unruly children in still wet swimwear.  Really bad on a sea day.  

DH was coming out of the keyed access deck 18 to go to the suite's sun deck one day, when a group of 20 something young girls shouted to him to hold the door open for them.  He asked "Why don't you use your key"?   They admitted they were not in a suite, but like to go up there a lot to hang out up and party when they find the door left open.  He shut the door before they reached him.....much to their disgust.  😉 

Why even have a keyed access??  😣

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, island lady said:

I detest that on Wonder.  No one ever seems to shut the door behind them when they open it with their sea pass card in the keyed entry.  

I blame that more on the ship though.  Other Oasis class ships have the keyed entry door with a self closure on it.  Witnessed many times pax walking up one flight from the WJ and just wondering around.  Some of them unruly children in still wet swimwear.  Really bad on a sea day.  

DH was coming out of the keyed access deck 18 to go to the suite's sun deck one day, when a group of 20 something young girls shouted to him to hold the door open for them.  He asked "Why don't you use your key"?   They admitted they were not in a suite, but like to go up there a lot to hang out up and party when they find the door left open.  He shut the door before they reached him.....much to their disgust.  😉 

Why even have a keyed access??  😣

We shut the door whenever we came in, on both levels 17 and 18 on the way to the sun deck. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We shut the door whenever we came in, on both levels 17 and 18 on the way to the sun deck. 

Thank you...thank you!  🙂   I love the GS cabins on 17, so convenient and just the right size for us.  Though we prefer the side opposite the door to CK/SL.   Less foot traffic.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We do as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Oh I know, I am one of them. That’s why I see both sides of the coin. 

As are we. They have never left the boxes they came in. Always sail in suites as well, and we like the ones on X more than the ones on RCL.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

As are we. They have never left the boxes they came in. Always sail in suites as well, and we like the ones on X more than the ones on RCL.

Awww....where is the fun in that?   Yes, we are like you...Pinnies in a suite.  Fun to see the annoying looks from SL guests when they see my pin.  😄 😄 

And no...won't wear my Pinnie pin on X.  Don't like tomatoes thrown at me.  😁🍅

• Haha 2

We just returned from dinner and on our bed was a beautiful folio that had a picture of the ship framed on the outside, inside had a picture of our Zenith luncheon group and opposite that a nice picture with the itinerary, ship, date and signed by the Captain and Hotel Director. Very classy indeed. I can see that we made the best decision to change from Royal to Celebrity for the great majority of our future cruises.

I'd add a picture but I am technology challenged........OK, I am a dinosaur!!!!!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I can see that we made the best decision to change from Royal to Celebrity for the great majority of our future cruises.

If I remember correctly, you like the Aqua suites. We usually sail in Sky suites, but DW wants to try an Aqua suite on one of our upcoming X cruises. Any sage advice on what to expect when (never an if with DW😇) I make the change?

Edited by orville99

15 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

I'd add a picture but I am technology challenged........OK, I am a dinosaur!!!!!

Hey...I resemble that remark!!  😄  

Looking forward to your birthday party on Apex.  🥳

Free Funny Dinosaur Wallpaper For Your Phone #wallpapers ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, orville99 said:

One additional amenity, and a better wine selection:

cas-amenities-feb-2023.pdf 3.72 MB · 0 downloads

Yes, that is the only additional perk I'm seeing for 525-699.

FYI - Here's a link to a newer amenity list.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/cas-amenities-jan-2024-final.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

If I remember correctly, you like the Aqua suites. We usually sail in Sky suites, but DW wants to try an Aqua suite on one of our upcoming X cruises. Any sage advice on what to expect when (never an if with DW😇) I make the change?

We actually book SV's - love the aft, even if it has more motion and is a looong walk to the elevators.

We have stayed in an Aqua Class cabin once - Blu is the restaurant that caters to Aqua Class. Beautiful restaurant, clean food (good for you) and you can have both breakfast and dinner there. Other amenities included special thermal spa access, fitness classes, a concierge and some discounts on spa treatments. I think that you both will enjoy the perks.

• Thanks 1

On 5/30/2024 at 11:13 AM, Oceansaway17 said:

all this status talk hurts my head.  Could care less since I do not drink. I am diamond plus and when I go to the Diamond lounge, it is to get chocolate covered strawberries and then leave.

Otherwise Status is just over rated IMHO

and quick snack when there is noting open yet lol

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 11:29 AM, The Fun Researcher said:

If only Celebrity would do drink vouchers starting at Elite, like Royal does with Diamond and above.  That would make Celebrity MUCH more enticing for us versus the way it is now.

Diamond on Royal blows Elite out of the water IMO.

agree, I still prefer the lst of virgin drinks that royal has 

Edited by mcatmcat
  • Like 1