No Venetian Society Number.

KY Deb

We are booked on the Shadow departing July 12.  This is our first SSea cruise, and have no VS number.  We have Elite status on Celebrity, so the reciprocal benefit will be a plus for us.  Not sure if I should be calling SSea to obtain a VS number or to give my Captains Club number to add to our reservation.  Is anyone in the same predicament and how have you dealt with or are planning to deal this?   I have enrolled through the email from Celebrity that I received yesterday, but it stands to reason they would have no idea I’m booked on a Silversea cruise.  

You are not issued with a Venetian Society number until after your first cruise on Silversea.  The same happens with all RCG ships and other brands. So perhaps the reciprocal benefits don’t kick in until after the first cruise?  Once you have boarded the SS ship, go to the future cruise desk to ask if they can help.  (The Future Cruise manager is also the VS representative.)

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

You are not issued with a Venetian Society number until after your first cruise on Silversea.  The same happens with all RCG ships and other brands. So perhaps the reciprocal benefits don’t kick in until after the first cruise?  Once you have boarded the SS ship, go to the future cruise desk to ask if they can help.  (The Future Cruise manager is also the VS representative.)

Thanks for the heads up. Will do that in Sept when I board.

Having said that, I have contacted my TA about this and hopefully, my Captain Club no will be included in this cruise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I was told the same thing as an Elite on Celebrity and doing our first Silversea cruise June 18th out of NYC.  

You can get things started by going to the Celebrity app.  Tap your status box that shows how many club points you have.  At the top of the page that comes up there is menu item called "Loyalty Match".  Click the Silversea box at the bottom and you should now be in Silversea's system (at least it says it'll do that after a week or so).   

To be honest, to get 250VS points is very generous.  I have no where near 250 nights on Celebrity but am Elite b/c we cruised in the Retreat every time but once.  We're sailing Silversea to see if it is a better value for us with what we like to do.  

Edited by admranger
add clarity and opinion...
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I guess I’ll wait and see what happens in the next week or so and then contact our travel agent.  I was curious to see how others in this situation were dealing with it.   

We're leaving on June 18th so hopefully I'll be able to report back on what I find out.  We have every intention on booking a cruise on board.  We're already booked for the holiday Panama canal (FLL-LA) cruise this December/January.  If we love Silversea we will book another!

You will be taking the same itinerary we are for our July 12 cruise. I look forward to you reporting back on the VS status/no. situation, but also about your cruise.  Any helpful hints and insights will be appreciated!  We are looking forward to our first Silversea cruise as well as getting out of the FL heat for a bit! 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 6:15 PM, admranger said:

I was told the same thing as an Elite on Celebrity and doing our first Silversea cruise June 18th out of NYC.  

You can get things started by going to the Celebrity app.  Tap your status box that shows how many club points you have.  At the top of the page that comes up there is menu item called "Loyalty Match".  Click the Silversea box at the bottom and you should now be in Silversea's system (at least it says it'll do that after a week or so).   

To be honest, to get 250VS points is very generous.  I have no where near 250 nights on Celebrity but am Elite b/c we cruised in the Retreat every time but once.  We're sailing Silversea to see if it is a better value for us with what we like to do.  

Thanks for the tip.  I was able to enroll using Status Match on the Celebrity app.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Thanks for the tip.  I was able to enroll using Status Match on the Celebrity app.

I tried this and only Royal Caribbean shows.  Silversea does not appear.  Maybe next week???

It all seems very disjointed. What if you have xx points on x and take xx cruises on R then spend a couple of weeks on SS? I Can’t fathom it. Surely this is an interim measure? If that’s the route they want to take, surely they would equate all points and award accordingly in an integrated scheme, Not accumulate individually and cheat SS passengers so blatantly? Unless of course they have some misguided view that SS passengers are so loyal that they aren’t clever enough to realise that they are being fleeced. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Whilst I have zero interest in travelling on any of RCi butlins ships, I did try to see if anything similar mentioned above is shown up in my.silversea.

Cant see anything meaningful within that, but unless I’m mistaken the 100 day laundry and 5% milestone has been removed. I also can find no record of sailing nights to have any clue how near to what now appears to be the first rung after initial sailing of 260 days on SS.

i can only think this can’t be the case as it truly would be a kick in the face.  So luckily, I know I’m on 162 days and know I’ve no intention of reaching 250 or sailing on RCI ships so probably a mute point. I suspect others may feel different. I hope it’s just an error or I’ve misunderstood what I saw.

i did however manage to find this page which is as clear as mud, though does appear to indicate 100 days gives “platinum”status on RCI but no idea what that means.

https://www.silversea.com/vs-status-match-terms-and-conditions.html

Hoping someone can make head or tale of it or some kind RCI sole could clarify. What is needed on RCI to receive platinum and what are the perks? Free laundry? Is this reciprocated for you on SS?

I can’t help feeling the reason SS are changing so many T&C is they are confident of replacing ex loyal “esteemed guests” by its larger customer base. Apologies if that sounds like sour grapes, but I’m fairly sure the attraction to SS is the luxury branding and smaller ships, so this loyalty thing really looks like a one way street in terms of being being used. Each to their own. There is no guarantee RCI guests will love the smaller ships, but I’m reasonably confident SS guests are more likely not to want to jump ship. (Pun intended.)

it just seems to be one turn off after another as time passes.

Edited by les37b
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

I tried this and only Royal Caribbean shows.  Silversea does not appear.  Maybe next week???

It is on my Celebrity app.  Just checked again.  It is as @admrangerstated above.  Tap on Club Points.  Then tap Loyalty Match.  Both RC and SS come up as choices.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

It is on my Celebrity app.  Just checked again.  It is as @admrangerstated above.  Tap on Club Points.  Then tap Loyalty Match.  Both RC and SS come up as choices.

I’ve done this and under VS it says “250 VS Days status”.   But that doesn’t give me a VS number to add to my July 12 reservation.   I’m going to wait until after June 5 ( the magic date this is to take effect) and contact my TA.  Hopefully, she can add this to our reservation.  

12 hours ago, DavyWavey70 said:

It all seems very disjointed. What if you have xx points on x and take xx cruises on R then spend a couple of weeks on SS? I Can’t fathom it. Surely this is an interim measure? If that’s the route they want to take, surely they would equate all points and award accordingly in an integrated scheme, Not accumulate individually and cheat SS passengers so blatantly? Unless of course they have some misguided view that SS passengers are so loyal that they aren’t clever enough to realise that they are being fleeced. 

what are you getting cheated or fleeced out of?  I don't see any lessening of SSea benefits for existing VS members.  All that R or X users get is free laundry with really nothing else 

The people who are getting fleeced are airline club passengers who now can't get into clubs because of low cost upgrade schemes that allow everyone to use a club. I dont see anything like that here 

RCG is trying to make sure that R and X bigger spenders know that SSea even exists when wanting to move up a notch  It is less expensive for RCG to get existing customers to move than it is to go chase down unknown users 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I don't think you'll get a VS number until after your first SS sailing.  I don't think this new program is changing that.

Found this under my Silversea—my booking —guest information:

Please complete each section in order to submit your Guest Information Form (GIF). Green indicates “Section is complete”. If you are a new Silversea Guest, a Venetian Society Number will be issued within 4 days prior to embarkation date. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bdsar2 said:

Please complete each section in order to submit your Guest Information Form (GIF). Green indicates “Section is complete”. If you are a new Silversea Guest, a Venetian Society Number will be issued within 4 days prior to embarkation date. 

I wonder if that is new or if I have totally overlooked this.  I filled out the guest information form months ago.  Just checked my booking and it does say 4 days prior.  Thank you for pointing this out.  I’ll stop stewing about it.  😜

• Like 1

On 5/31/2024 at 2:45 PM, KY Deb said:

We are booked on the Shadow departing July 12.  This is our first SSea cruise, and have no VS number.  We have Elite status on Celebrity, so the reciprocal benefit will be a plus for us.  Not sure if I should be calling SSea to obtain a VS number or to give my Captains Club number to add to our reservation.  Is anyone in the same predicament and how have you dealt with or are planning to deal this?   I have enrolled through the email from Celebrity that I received yesterday, but it stands to reason they would have no idea I’m booked on a Silversea cruise.  

I am in the same boat but leaving on June 15. I called SSea on Friday and they said that my information is linked to my activity with both RC and Celebrity.  They said it should all be complete in 5 days.  They also informed me that I will have the shipboard benefits on my cruise on the 15th (Free Laundry, YAY). 

When I called SSea, the VS represented acted as if there is now some MASTER RCG profile for me and my Husband and that the profile will now have the RC, Celebrity and VS numbers attached.  I assumed that by how she was talking and by the fact that I never told her my June 15th booking number yet she could see it in my profile while also seeing my loyalty numbers across RC and Celebrity.

2 hours ago, Bdsar2 said:

Thanks for this - I plan on calling next Wednesday which is 4 days out from our first voyage to ensure that I have a VS number and it is linked to my Celebrity and RC profiles.

We’re are also first time SS cruisers and Elite with Celebrity. Going to watch this to see how it plays out as we cruise in September this year. 

Check out the VS Loyalty Status Match page: https://www.silversea.com/lp-loyalty-status-match.html

I followed the instructions on the page: To take advantage of Loyalty Status Match on your next Silversea voyage, please unlock Loyalty Status Match with Venetian society through your Crown & Anchor Society or Captain’s Club app. Kindly allow up to seven (7) days for systems to update. Then you will receive an email confirming your Venetian Society tier once status match is complete.

Unlocking the Loyalty Status Match is the process that TeeRick listed above. The Celebrity app already lists my upgraded Celebrity status and my new VS status. I’m expecting the confirmation email with my VS number by the end of this week or early next week.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 6:07 AM, TeeRick said:

I also didn't know that and went in and clicked the box Enroll as a 500 VS.  

We will not be sailing for about a year so will be watching other's experience.    I thank you for doing all the 'Grunt" work.

On 6/3/2024 at 12:16 PM, KY Deb said:

I wonder if that is new or if I have totally overlooked this.  I filled out the guest information form months ago.  Just checked my booking and it does say 4 days prior.  Thank you for pointing this out.  I’ll stop stewing about it.  😜

I will go in and fill out that information today.   I started but held off as we are getting our Passports Renewed and mine just arrived yesterday.

Posted (edited)

I must be missing something. When I go to celebrity, click on my points, it shows my Celebrity and RCL status, but I don't find anywhere on the screen to link to Silversea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It also does not acknowledge Silversea on their status match info page.

Edited by ropomo

I was having a heck of a time getting my statuses matched. I updated my Celebrity app, thinking that would help. Nope. 

Then it occured to me that I needed to close and relaunch the app. That did the trick. I feel rather silly for missing that step, but it's done now, and we will get laundry on our Arctic expediton cruise in 9 days. Yay! 

59 minutes ago, ropomo said:

I must be missing something. When I go to celebrity, click on my points, it shows my Celebrity and RCL status, but I don't find anywhere on the screen to link to Silversea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. It also does not acknowledge Silversea on their status match info page.

I couldn't do it from the webpages for either X or SS, but I got it done on the app, after a misstep. See post #24. Good luck!