Equinox Retreat Sundeck

We are booked in The Retreat on Equinox.  DH is in a wheelchair.  According to Cruise Decks . Com it does not appear there is an elevator to this deck.  Can anybody confirm this.?  Will we be excluded from enjoying this Retreat perk?

Never mind.  I just googled an old thread that says that the main pool deck is accessible, but that wonderful spot for retreat guests at the top and most forward location, alas is not.  Maybe we can get them to throw in an alternate perk of a second free scoop of gelato instead. 🙄

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, HopefulCruiser123 said:

Never mind.  I just googled an old thread that says that the main pool deck is accessible, but that wonderful spot for retreat guests at the top and most forward location, alas is not.  Maybe we can get them to throw in an alternate perk of a second free scoop of gelato instead. 🙄

The Retreat Deck on Equinox is nothing special.  There are chairs up there but no pool or hot tub.  Also, no bar, but attendants will get you drinks.  It is also very windy up there.   We like the solarium better where we are out of the sun and wind.  Enjoy!  We have been on Equinox 9 times!  

Edited by bjahil47

I have posted several times on this forum that Equinox Retreat sun deck is not accessible. I have no idea what they were thinking when they did this.  The  only entrance is accessed by steep steps. Personally, I think anyone not able bodied enough to do this should be compensated part of the price of a suite on Equinox.

Posted (edited)

This will be our first Equinox, but our honeymoon Cruise was on Silhouette in the exact same Sky Suite cabin number and before there was anything called Retreat..  Back then he wasn't able to go up to that deck (which really wasn't anything).  But he really wanted to be able to be on a high deck that faces forward.  We spent a lot of time in the sky Observation lounge, but it was indoors.  It's a case of, "Wow, look at all we can see.  I wonder what you might be able to see from "that" spot!" and then discovering it's not accessible to him.  We booked this TA back in November (sailing is April 2025) and it was only this evening that I realized the Retreat Deck is that same area and that he still will not be able to access that space.  Maybe they will let us out on the Spa Verandah, deck 12.

Edited by HopefulCruiser123
replacing "their, with there"

7 hours ago, HopefulCruiser123 said:

We are booked in The Retreat on Equinox.  DH is in a wheelchair.  According to Cruise Decks . Com it does not appear there is an elevator to this deck.  Can anybody confirm this.?  Will we be excluded from enjoying this Retreat perk?

It is not accessible. There was a disabled lady when we cruised on Equinox (a few years ago now) who complained to the concierge and was given access to a cabana on sea days. I am unsure if it was complementary or at a reduced rate but definitely the concierge took on board the disappointment of the couple on finding they could not access the suite deck. I can only suggest you chat with the concierge on boarding.

We found the suite deck disappointing…Not enough shade, no water feature to dip in…The staff were nice and drink and food service was good but we spent very little time there.

1 hour ago, LMHSRN said:

The Equinox does not have a Retreat Deck yet.  Going into dry dock soon but currently nothing special

It does have one with comfortable seating and good service but unlike the Silhouette it is one level only and no jacuzzi air bar. It is there but as you say ‘nothing special’.

3 hours ago, LMHSRN said:

The Equinox does not have a Retreat Deck yet.  Going into dry dock soon but currently nothing special

She just came out of dry dock..

I don’t think I would wait till I got onboard. I suggest contacting RCG and explain the situation. Regardless of the fact that you are paying good money to be in the retreat it’s disgraceful that there is no accommodation to gain access to an area of the ship. 

The Retreat Sun Deck was, as I am sure you know, not part of the original ship.  I believe that the decision to add a Retreat sundeck without wheelchair access was made with the thought that the other option was to have no Retreat sundeck at all.