Explora 2 progress

Has anyone heard anything about progress on the construction of explora 2?  We are booked on its second or third voyage and just want to make sure things are progressing on schedule. 

thank you

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 12:24 PM, glawless said:

Has anyone heard anything about progress on the construction of explora 2?  We are booked on its second or third voyage and just want to make sure things are progressing on schedule. 

thank you

If I had to bet --  would be a late handover/delivery. 

She has yet to leave the port even though the AIS system is programmed for sea trials.

I think the goal was to have this done by 1 August, then some publicity sailings and first cruise on 11 August.

Not much time for trials, corrections/fixes and and final acceptance and clean up.

If you want to see where Explora II is check cruisemapper.com

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Received a marketing email today from Explora, promoting Explora II's inaugural sailing 11 - 19 August 2024, Barcelona to Civitavecchia.

3 hours ago, Bongomeme said:

I got it too…5100 euro for 1 week med trip in ot1 cabin.  Much as I love Explora, no thanks!

Per person?

Posted (edited)

I guess some folks missed the news. Captain Di Palma posted yesterday, June 8,  on another well known social media page that Explora II achieved her milestone of completed sea trials.

Edited by kelleherdl
  • Like 9

Very grainy photo, but I found this one online of the Explora II now docked in Genoa. Looks as if they may have constructed some type of awning over the Atoll pool to address the lack of shade issue?

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 2.55.44 PM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, casperthecat said:

I’ve seen on Facebook that maiden voyage is now September 16th but I’m not booked just reporting what I’ve read.

My understanding is that the 16 Sept cruise is now the ‘shakedown’ cruise with press and the like. The formal ‘inaugural cruise’ is 23 Sept as its sailing from Tarragona during their local festival. I guess it really doesn’t make that much difference. We are boarding in Tarragona for 3 legs.

• Like 2

Just got our check-in email for Sept 23 Explora 2 cruise from Tarragona. Completed the check-in and got the e-ticket/luggage tag email.  So that looks pretty solid for the 16 Sept initial sailing.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 5:23 PM, cruisingxpert said:

There is an alarming statement in the Cruise Hive article where they mention that "In December 2024, the ship will reposition to La Romana, Dominican Republic, where she will homeport while operating 7-day Caribbean cruises."

We are on a 14 day Miami/Miami Explora ll cruise Dec 6th 2024

Got an answer from Donna Tunney about this comment in her article.

Apologies. That is an error that I will fix.
Donna

• Thanks 1