Simply More Room Service … wine included?

38 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Pulled out the O "fancy books" for our B3 and A3 B2B cruise on Riviera late 2023. On p. 19 of both, the "Your Veranda Stateroom/B3" and "Your Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom/A3", it says in identical words:

"ROOM SERVICE/Room service is available 24 hours a day. You will find a complete dining menu in your stateroom's Guest Services Directory."

AND under

"Amenities
 [Free*] 24-hour room service with full hot breakfast menu"

NO mention of accessing any specialty restaurant menus.

* Word "Free" on the A3 page but not the B3 page. Odd.

I think that might just be ‘sloppy’ printing/proof reading on Oceania’s part. To my knowledge all room service is free. Similarly, there are no paper room service menus on Marina anymore, just on the TV.

Although things have changed over the years I'm thinking that's a fairly new perk for that level to try to make it more attractive. 

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Although things have changed over the years I'm thinking that's a fairly new perk for that level to try to make it more attractive. 

The upgrade to concierge veranda amenities to include room service from the GDR menu as well as three free bags of laundry was made in late 2017:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2017/OCEANIA+CRUISES+UNVEILS+ENHANCED+CONCIERGE+LEVEL+AMENITIES+New+Amenities+Include+Free+Laundry+Service+and++In-Stateroom+Lunch+and+Dinner+Service+from+The+Grand+Dining+Room/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2024 at 3:27 PM, njhorseman said:

Concierge Veranda and above can order from the GDR menu during normal GDR dining hours.

This is what I understood also and why I booked as I did. Then I’m seeing that they have an expanded menu for CV cabins.

Hoping it’s the GDR menu option and not another limited menu. Especially for breakfast.

5 hours ago, Thought2go said:

This is what I understood also and why I booked as I did. Then I’m seeing that they have an expanded menu for CV cabins.

Hoping it’s the GDR menu option and not another limited menu. Especially for breakfast.

The 2017 expansion of the room service menu for concierge veranda cabins was to allow ordering from the GDR menu during lunch and dinner...there was never a mention of breakfast. 

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The 2017 expansion of the room service menu for concierge veranda cabins was to allow ordering from the GDR menu during lunch and dinner...there was never a mention of breakfast. 

I don't remember when it changed, might have been at the same time, but you used to have to be in at least a Concierge room to get hot breakfast. Now it's available in all categories. 

On 6/3/2024 at 8:35 PM, basor said:

Yes - during meal hours with your food.  Also, you will have a 6 bottle (of your choosing) bar setup in your suite.  Actually, all cabins can order wine with their room service food during dining hours.

Do we get the 6 bottle set up if we are in veranda

10 hours ago, Thought2go said:

So you eat in your room a lot? I can't imagine that being the reason you booked as you did. I think we've done room service once.

49 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

No, that is for Oceania Suites and above.  

But they can carry on anything they want.

1 hour ago, clo said:

12 hours ago, Thought2go said:

So you eat in your room a lot? I can't imagine that being the reason you booked as you did. I think we've done room service once

No-not usually. But there may be some mornings I don’t want to be a Jack in the box upon awakening. I just want the option, if I choose, to be a Hobbit.😎😊😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, patty1955 said:

The MDR on Oceania's website show wine pairing at dinner. Does it work with Simply More drinks?

Sorry not unless you pay extra for it!

22 minutes ago, Vallesan said:

But isn't page three of the wine menu the wines by the glass that are included by SM? I don't know if the wine servers know if enough to help with pairings but I - the last thing from an oenophile - would be able to do a little research and DIY my own pairings.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1695/Grand-Dining-Wine-list.pdf

1 hour ago, clo said:

But isn't page three of the wine menu the wines by the glass that are included by SM? I don't know if the wine servers know if enough to help with pairings but I - the last thing from an oenophile - would be able to do a little research and DIY my own pairings.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1695/Grand-Dining-Wine-list.pdf

On the left side of the menu each evening is a pairing menu. They recommend the wines to go with the courses, not all of them are on the Wine by The Glass menu, some are. 

3 hours ago, Vallesan said:

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

On the left side of the menu each evening is a pairing menu. They recommend the wines to go with the courses, not all of them are on the Wine by The Glass menu, some are. 

Thanks, ORV.