On Deck

Has anyone heard of this communinity?  I've received an email purportedly by association with P&O and Cunard asking me to sign up by 10 June.  Anyone else? Is it real or fake?

"In partnership with P&O Cruises and Cunard, we are delighted to share with you an online community about all things cruising – The On Deck Community

Are you Interested? Please click on the link below to take part in our quick survey and join:"

15 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Has anyone heard of this communinity?  I've received an email purportedly by association with P&O and Cunard asking me to sign up by 10 June.  Anyone else? Is it real or fake?

"In partnership with P&O Cruises and Cunard, we are delighted to share with you an online community about all things cruising – The On Deck Community

Are you Interested? Please click on the link below to take part in our quick survey and join:"

I remember this from a few years ago, I seem to remember it was some sort of survey, after taking a quick look it looked iffy so I deleted it.

• Thanks 1

I have found some old posts about it now particularly regarding terminology of the t&Cs.  As a result I've clicked into the ones in the email and to be honest as they are under UK law they seem pretty bog standard, ie you must not post falsehoods etc. There are 7 paragraphs about how they use and protect data.

I note in the old Cunard posts there's a worry about financial risk but these UK ones do not mention anything other than privacy, ie you can't repeat anything you take part in due to business sensitivity.

I actually do surveys for other organisations and if this is real it isn't any different from what I can see.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Megabear2 said:

I have found some old posts about it now particularly regarding terminology of the t&Cs.  As a result I've clicked into the ones in the email and to be honest as they are under UK law they seem pretty bog standard, ie you must not post falsehoods etc. There are 7 paragraphs about how they use and protect data.

I note in the old Cunard posts there's a worry about financial risk but these UK ones do not mention anything other than privacy, ie you can't repeat anything you take part in due to business sensitivity.

I actually do surveys for other organisations and if this is real it isn't any different from what I can see.

I do surveys and get points which I use to keep my avios and Accor points topped up. I could use Tesco vouchers to pay some of my cruise bills, but then you posh folk would know I go to Tesco. Oops . Do Fortnum and Mason do points?.🤣

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I do surveys and get points which I use to keep my avios and Accor points topped up. I could use Tesco vouchers to pay some of my cruise bills, but then you posh folk would know I go to Tesco. Oops . Do Fortnum and Mason do points?.🤣

No idea, I shop at Lidl!

• Haha 2

Now

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Nowt wrong with shopping at Tesco. As an ex-employee I've still got my discount card, very handy.☺️ 

• Like 3

I am in On Deck: you fill surveys in and get entered in to a prize-draw where the same 10 people win every month..

Occasionally they invite you for video interviews and then you get a voucher.

I thought it was closing though?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloudyrain said:

I had an email in May saying it was closing, and when I click on the website saved-link it confirms its closed.

IMG_0275.png

Here's the message:

"A brand-new cruising community has just SET SAIL!

In partnership with P&O Cruises and Cunard, we are delighted to share with you an online community about all things cruising – The On Deck Community

Are you Interested? Please click on the link below to take part in our quick survey and join:

https://www.ondeckcommunity.com/ta/1jn3Vx3FBNW47VhNKMh_yg

Why join?
• The purpose of the On Deck community is to create a space for you to share your thoughts and feedback on everything when it comes to the cruising industry, travel, holidays, and more.
• It’s your opportunity to take part in fun activities such as surveys and discussion rooms, vote in quick polls and more. You feedback will help to shape the future of the cruising industry.
• Whilst you’re On Deck, you can earn points for taking part in our activities which count towards our monthly prize draw to win one of x4 £50 eGift cards.

If you sign up and log in by Monday 10th June 2024
• Earn a bonus entry into our monthly prize draw
• Gain an automatic entry into our SAIL AWAY prize draw to win a £100 eGift card

We look forward to welcoming you onboard!

The On Deck Community Team

No longer interested in hearing about On Deck? Unsubscribe here: Don't send me any more emails"

I emailed them for further information and they replied:

"We can confirm there is no financial liability to members, and no joining fee of any kind.

You can check the sites Ts & Cs if you wish so as to reassure yourself before deciding if you want to join - Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Regards
The On Deck Community Team"

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Here's the message:

In partnership with P&O Cruises and Cunard, we are delighted to share with you an online community about all things cruising – The On Deck Community

Are you Interested? Please click on the link below to take part in our quick survey and join:

Why join?
• The purpose of the On Deck community is to create a space for you to share your thoughts and feedback on everything when it comes to the cruising industry, travel, holidays, and more.
• It’s your opportunity to take part in fun activities such as surveys and discussion rooms, vote in quick polls and more. You feedback will help to shape the future of the cruising industry.
• Whilst you’re On Deck, you can earn points for taking part in our activities which count towards our monthly prize draw to win one of x4 £50 eGift cards.

• Gain an automatic entry into our SAIL AWAY prize draw to win a £100 eGift card

No longer interested in hearing about On Deck? Unsubscribe here: Don't send me any more emails"

"We can confirm there is no financial liability to members, and no joining fee of any kind.

You can check the sites Ts & Cs if you wish so as to reassure yourself before deciding if you want to join - Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy

Regards

Thanks or posting the link. When I click on the link it takes me to https://www.ondeckcommunity.com/surveys/8903/external_participate/3684994 and tells me it will redirect me to the homepage, and then nothing happens. Is any one else getting this?

53 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

Thanks or posting the link. When I click on the link it takes me to https://www.ondeckcommunity.com/surveys/8903/external_participate/3684994 and tells me it will redirect me to the homepage, and then nothing happens. Is any one else getting this?

I believe it is a personal link by invitation so I presume that's why it isn't working.

I posted the details several.people had said it was closing down.

On 6/7/2024 at 4:24 PM, Megabear2 said:

Here's the message:

Why join?

Regards

Thats the email I had the other year when I was invited to participate: so they seem to be setting them up and periodically closing them to have new customer information. 

Although it seems odd that the one I was on was closed after I and several other members commented that it was statistically improbable for the same people to win the "big" prizes, and it was the same every few months. No one who actively participated in the community boards section had won more than £10. A few of us had done video interviews, but none of the "randomly selected winners" were known or commented despite having won £100s (apparently).

As I said, I did a few interviews and got £60 a time for 30 mins, but that was over the space of 18 months or so.