Club Orange Waitlist

I booked a cruise on May 28, 2024 while onboard the Zaandam.  Club Orange was not available.  I called Club Orange today (my first day home) to check on the status of CO and inquire about a waiting list.  CO is full for my sailing and I was added to a waiting list.  I was also told that I would not be contacted if CO space becomes available and to continue to call to check the status.  I would appreciate it if anyone that has been on the CO waiting list can share their experiences.  

Thank you.

Anita

BaltimoreCruise

We were on the wait list last year. Our PCC had it on her calendar to check for us weekly, to see if there was an opening, but nothing ever became available. She emailed us every Monday to let us know that she checked.

• Like 1

I know of quite a few that have waitlisted for Club Orange and have never cleared a Waitlist even after they were told in a Roll Call that someone that had it just canceled>Just my feeling if you are wanting it for a Pinnacle Class ship then it sadly is not likely.

• Like 1

We booked a cruise well in advance, and got Orange Club.  Our friends decided to join us a couple of months later and, Club Orange was full.  I called nearly every day for them and after several weeks of trying, finally got an opening.  I guess we were very lucky.

Rollie

• Like 2

Last cruise I got CO, it was full when I booked the cruise; I asked about a wait list and was told there really wasn't one - they could add my name, but I wouldn't get a call back and it would not automatically be added - so is that really a waitlist? I called every day and one day following my roll call I saw someone canceled their cruise so I called in and sure enough there was 1 spot open so I was able to get CO and their former cabin.

I say check back regularly and be ready on the spot w/your cabin choice (and back ups) if you're told there is an opening. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As far as I know, the Club Orange waitlist is a notation on your booking and not a list per se. If you trust your TA or PCC to check regularly, probably once a week, then I'd wait and see. Otherwise, I'd call myself each week.

What is your ship and sailing date? If it's a Pinnacle class ship, it'll be tough. Most people cancel before final payment, so 90 days out would be the sweet spot.

If you added CO for the upgrade, maybe you'll get a regular paid upgrade offer. If, on the other hand, you're after the sweet, sweet Club Orange tote bag, I hope there's an opening for you.

We'd be perfectly happy in the MDR, but we're a late fixed seating people. Just one man's opinion, but I think fixed seating beats dinner in CO - the extra entrée choices notwithstanding.

DH and I booked a cruise 8 months out on the Rotterdam.  CO was full.  A couple of weeks later, I called HAL just to check and CO was available 🎉.  They put it in our record and I called my TA who verified it was there.  TA took my payment and we also got the upgraded stateroom.  

• Like 1

Thank you for all the replies.  I plan to call at least once per week. The sailing date is October 4, 2025.  We have enjoyed CO on the Rotterdam many times and hope to have another opportunity.

Anita

BaltimoreCruise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BaltimoreCruise said:

Thank you for all the replies.  I plan to call at least once per week. The sailing date is October 4, 2025.  We have enjoyed CO on the Rotterdam many times and hope to have another opportunity.

Anita

BaltimoreCruise

Good luck!!  Please let us know if you manage to get it. 

• Like 2

I guess I’ve been lucky.. booked 3 cabins on the Koningsdam for a family getaway. My regular PCC was not available. I was told CO was unavailable.  I called MY PCC when he returned and was able to get CO for all of us.  Then I booked another cruise on the Koningsdam for January and was told CO was not available,  Gave a  deposit again MY PCC was out. Called when he returned and guess what, got CO again.

i haven’t been on HAL for quite a few years, but the service I’ve been getting will keep me coming back. 

On 6/7/2024 at 5:18 AM, rollie said:

We booked a cruise well in advance, and got Orange Club.  Our friends decided to join us a couple of months later and, Club Orange was full.  I called nearly every day for them and after several weeks of trying, finally got an opening.  I guess we were very lucky.

Rollie

From what I have read in CO threads like this, calling every day is the best way to snag CO when is sold out. Also calling a few days before and after final payment date is a good time as people cancel before making the FP.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

From what I have read in CO threads like this, calling every day is the best way to snag CO when is sold out. Also calling a few days before and after final payment date is a good time as people cancel before making the FP.

It seems that there should be a way to automate this (like shore excursions) so that people do not have to keep calling in. I imagine dozens of people calling daily ties up a lot of phone agents. Also, remember: many HAL phone agents do not even know what Club Orange is and I suspect they are saying "no" to get the person off of the line.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ChinaShrek said:

It seems that there should be a way to automate this (like shore excursions) so that people do not have to keep calling in. I imagine dozens of people calling daily ties up a lot of phone agents. Also, remember: many HAL phone agents do not even know what Club Orange is and I suspect they are saying "no" to get the person off of the line.

I prefer that it is not easy to add CO, it makes availability much easier for those of us who know how to work the system. I have never called HAL once about anything directly, I have an excellent TA who does it for me and I have used her for over 15 years. I would never depend on some PCC, that I have never met, to handle anything for me. That is why I have a TA who works for me, not the cruise line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1