Inappropriate charges

On 6/7/2024 at 9:47 AM, Ride-The-Waves said:

Had to cancel an RCI cruise for November 2024.  Cruise was booked with the understanding that there was a $900 cancelation fee, essentially losing the deposit.  Understand and acceptable.  RCI then also took paid items, such as meal and beverage plans, without refunding.  Sad that a cruise line would do this...  Never cruise again with RCI!  Worst management of all cruise lines.  Horrible company.

If you knew you were cancelling it's always a good idea to go into your planner and cancel those items before you cancel and start the refund process on planner items yourself. 

I just no showed in may but I bought stuff with obc which I was going to lose anyway. Twice now I've no showed, both pretty last  minute. Blaming royal doesnt really help anyone. Both were totally my own fault. No one likes losing money but it doesnt help blaming royal. Just get it sorted out if the refunds for planner items youy should have cancelled before cancelling the cruise. Even if I'd had insurance both of my no shows were probably not for covered reasons, id have had to have bought cancel for any reason. People tend to only think they will cancel if they get sick but I've found out there can be other reasons not covered by ordinary insurance. 

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

If you knew you were cancelling it's always a good idea to go into your planner and cancel those items before you cancel and start the refund process on planner items yourself. 

I just did this... 

Unfortunately, I had to cancel my Sept Canada/NE cruise. I ended up booking a different cruise on a slightly different embarkation day.  I told my TA to cancel my old cruise and he a reminded me to cancel my cruise planner purchases first.  I knew this but in the flurry of the moment had forgotten. 

I made the cancellations, on the 5th of June and the credit showed up in my online banking on the 8th dated for the 7th.  

My suspicion is the credits will come for the OP but may take a little longer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nelblu said:

I see the charges, however, did u speak to a live person and what was the reason given as usually any item in the cruise planner is refundable.  

Not to be nosy, are u outside the US and if so could it be a local law that prevents u from getting the refunds. 

Florida.  Sometimes considered "outside the US"  🤪

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The acknowledgement the OP received is standard when you cancel the cruise before cancelling the items in the cruise planner.  Many times in this situation it takes a call to get the refunds pushed through

Why should it require a call.  RCI has all the information to include the canceled cruise data.  This is just scamming people by RCI.  Should be automatic.

6 minutes ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Why should it require a call.  RCI has all the information to include the canceled cruise data.  This is just scamming people by RCI.  Should be automatic.

Understand how you feel but that doesn't mean it hasn't gotten lost in IT.  I still suggest an email to mbayley@rccl.com.   that gets you to the executive office.   Someone usually responds within 48 hrs.  You need to let someone know there's a problem. 

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Mistakes happen, deal with it and make the call instead of just assuming that it is not refundable

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Why should it require a call.

In a perfect world, maybe it wouldn’t.  But do you want to get your money back or not?

My bank once deposited my direct deposit work check into someone else’s account.  I only noticed it when checks started bouncing.  Should this have happened?  Of course not.  And the onus was mine to point out their mistake…because…I wanted my money back.

• Like 1