FCD + Goodwill Cruise Credits

I have a Future Cruise Deposit ($100) on file plus almost $300 Goodwill cruise credits from Princess for problems on a recent cruise.

I’m looking to book a cruise during the online TA 3-day sale.  Can I direct them to only use the $100 Future Cruise Deposit. I want to save the goodwill credits for something else. I’m thinking I will probably have to call rather than trying to do online.

I would call to assure the T.A. gets it right. If you don't call the goodwill credits will probably be used to offset $300 of the fare. Remember Goodwill Credits also expire. I have some Goodwill Credits, they expire one year from the date they were granted.  

9 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

I have a Future Cruise Deposit ($100) on file plus almost $300 Goodwill cruise credits from Princess for problems on a recent cruise.

I’m looking to book a cruise during the online TA 3-day sale.  Can I direct them to only use the $100 Future Cruise Deposit. I want to save the goodwill credits for something else. I’m thinking I will probably have to call rather than trying to do online.

I'm sure there would be a way...it might be best to get a CVP involved so that it gets handled exactly as you wish.

You will need to use the FCD for the deposit. The Goodwill FCC cannot be used for a deposit. In my case, Princess automatically used it for the next cruise that I booked after receiving the credit. I asked them to move it to a different cruise (an earlier cruise previously booked) and they did so. When I cancelled the cruise with the FCC applied, they automatically moved it to my next cruise.

I would not recommend saving the Goodwill FCC. It expires at a specific date, and it has no value after expiration. Something unforeseen may happen.

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I'm sure there would be a way...it might be best to get a CVP involved so that it gets handled exactly as you wish.

OP won't be able to get a CVP involved, since the booking will be through a travel agent.

18 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

OP won't be able to get a CVP involved, since the booking will be through a travel agent.

Ah! I totally missed that tidbit! You are correct. 

29 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

You will need to use the FCD for the deposit. The Goodwill FCC cannot be used for a deposit. In my case, Princess automatically used it for the next cruise that I booked after receiving the credit. I asked them to move it to a different cruise (an earlier cruise previously booked) and they did so. When I cancelled the cruise with the FCC applied, they automatically moved it to my next cruise.

I would not recommend saving the Goodwill FCC. It expires at a specific date, and it has no value after expiration. Something unforeseen may happen.

Thanks. I want to use the goodwill credit towards a January cruise already booked for either the cruise fare or EZair.

We had goodwill credit from our December cruise.  We were told (by Princess) that it was to be used for our next cruise.  There was an expiration date of a year but it was used as soon as I booked my next cruise. 

1 hour ago, sns1 said:

We had goodwill credit from our December cruise.  We were told (by Princess) that it was to be used for our next cruise.  There was an expiration date of a year but it was used as soon as I booked my next cruise. 

The letter we got in our cabin said it could also be used on a current booking.  Haven’t tried it yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Question-

if Princess cancels your cruise and you used a FCDeposit to book it, what should you get back to your account?

I expected they would return my FCD so I can use it to book a 15 day cruise giving me OBC of $100 pp for a balcony cabin.

instead they insist that they converted my FCD to a FCC giving me $50 pp OBC.

Are they correct?

Technically, if Princess cancelled your cruise, the FCD should be returned to your account….unless:

If your FCD expired before the cancellation date, then it should be returned to your credit card or original form of payment.  

You might have some leverage to ask them to transfer your current cancelled FCD to another booking.

I would escalate this issue.  You paid $100 for your FCD.   You should rightfully get it banked or refunded for entire amount.  

17 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Technically, if Princess cancelled your cruise, the FCD should be returned to your account….unless:

If your FCD expired before the cancellation date, then it should be returned to your credit card or original form of payment.  

You might have some leverage to ask them to transfer your current cancelled FCD to another booking.

I would escalate this issue.  You paid $100 for your FCD.   You should rightfully get it banked or refunded for entire amount.  

My position as well.

It expires February 2025. FCC now expires November 2025, but now in my account it says cannot be used with promotional offers- so 2 cruises I booked are not eligible.

Should they refund FCC if I can’t use it by Nov ‘25, in mail?

4 hours ago, dog said:

Question-

if Princess cancels your cruise and you used a FCDeposit to book it, what should you get back to your account?

I expected they would return my FCD so I can use it to book a 15 day cruise giving me OBC of $100 pp for a balcony cabin.

instead they insist that they converted my FCD to a FCC giving me $50 pp OBC.

Are they correct?

No, that doesn't sound right. Ive cancelled cruises using FCD and it is returned to me within seconds,   If they aren't giving it back, I would ask for a refund

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FLAlaska said:

No, that doesn't sound right. Ive cancelled cruises using FCD and it is returned to me within seconds,   If they aren't giving it back, I would ask for a refund

I have tried called, emailed, several times- they give different answers.

I am leaving it until I get on ship in fall and will have to reluctantly deal with the Future cruise staff.

I cannot believe the hassle I have had over them cancelling Star TA from Southampton. There was no goodwill and I did not have this FCD to use for my last two bookings.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, dog said:

I have tried called, emailed, several times- they give different answers.

I am leaving it until I get on ship in fall and will have to reluctantly deal with the Future cruise staff.

I cannot believe the hassle I have had over them cancelling Star TA from Southampton. There was no goodwill and I did not have this FCD to use for my last two bookings.

Try these emails

csteinke@princesscruises.com,   lwarren@princesscruises.com and cc jpadgett@princesscruises.com

Ive had success with issues getting a response and help.

Edited by FLAlaska
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FLAlaska said:

Try these emails

csteinke@princesscruises.com,   lwarren@princesscruises.com and cc jpadgett@princesscruises.com

Thanks- I just sent them my correspondence and appreciate the info.

Posted (edited)
On 6/17/2024 at 8:01 AM, FLAlaska said:

Try these emails

This got results!

No email reply but

my FCC has been applied to my 15 day Sky TA as I asked

and

the $50 OBC has been applied to this booking also.

So, I have lost out of using a $100 pp FCD with $100 US pp OBC.

No more FCD for me and I have found a good, local travel agent through the 3 day sale I will give my future bookings to. 

Edited by dog

2 hours ago, dog said:

This got results!

No email reply but

my FCC has been applied to my 15 day Sky TA as I asked

and

the $50 OBC has been applied to this booking also.

So, I have lost out of using a $100 pp FCD with $100 US pp OBC.

No more FCD for me and I have found a good, local travel agent through the 3 day sale I will give my future bookings to. 

Glad to hear to at least got it sorted.

• Like 1