LIVE - Legendary Alaska - 28 days with The Inside Cabin - Westerdam

8 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Everyone gets a tile. They used to have the name of the ship, but now they seem more generic. I think they are trying to get rid of the 150-anniversary tile. You normally only get one tile per cruise.

They are souvenirs of your cruise.  That's why they give them out.

We did a Panama Canal cruise earlier this year on Zaandam and didn't get a tile.  It wasn't a 'legendary' cruise, does that make a difference?

5 hours ago, hummingbird_206 said:

We did a Panama Canal cruise earlier this year on Zaandam and didn't get a tile.  It wasn't a 'legendary' cruise, does that make a difference?

Hummingbird are you on this cruise (28 day solstice)? If so, I have spare 150 anniversary tiles you can have if you want them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hummingbird_206 said:

Pre Covid - people on every cruise got tiles specific to the ship - after COVID - I think it may be only longer cruises - but I don't know what the new expectation may be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Pre Covid - people on every cruise got tiles specific to the ship - after COVID - I think it may be only longer cruises - but I don't know what the new expectation may be.

I remember, at some point, that the tiles were for the different classes of ship also.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We were on a 7 day cruise to Alaska on the Koningsdam in Sept 2023. 

A couple of months before we boarded the ship,  I heard on this board or somewhere that to get the tile you have to be at least a Mariner 1 Star before boarding.  If you have sailed on any ships in the Carnival Group but not HA, you are consider a Mariner 1 Star with 0 days.  Each mariner should get a tile not one per cabin.

I emailed HA that my wife and I had sailed on the Carnival Fantasy many years ago.  After quite a while I got a reply saying they have made note of it.

On the day the tiles were given out, the people in our group said they got theirs but we didn't.  Went to Guest Services and explained the situation.  The guy looked at his computer for the longest of time and finally said he'll go and get one for me.  Told him it that it should be 2 tiles.  It took him a long time to come back with 2 tiles.  Don't know if the store room is quite far away or he had to check with somebody else first.

Don't know about the longer cruises.  They may consider it as a back to back and you became a Mariner 1 Star after the first part of the cruise.

Edited by BackNow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, colbe said:

Hummingbird are you on this cruise (28 day solstice)? If so, I have spare 150 anniversary tiles you can have if you want them.

I am not on this cruise, but thank you for the kind offer.  I've been following threads for your cruise closely because we'll be on the Westerdam starting Sept 1 for 53 days.  Our cruise will include stops in Alaska so looking for info that will be helpful for some ports you're visiting that we will be stopping at, too.

• Like 1

They should still be giving out tiles on every cruise, not just legendary voyages. Ours are usually left on the bed by the steward. If you don’t get one, go to guest services, or send a message in the navigator app.

• Like 1

Pete and Judy,

Again thank you for taking us along on this wonderful journey. Your posts are always so upbeat and informative. I really enjoy reading them. Until the next time...

Safe travels home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pete & Judy, It has been a pleasure following along with you on your cruise.  You have helped with our planning in so many ways.  Thank you for all the pictures so we all got to see how beautiful each port was.

Safe Travel home & best of luck in all your future cruises.

Donna (2025 cruiser)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Pete and Judy,

Again thank you for taking us along on this wonderful journey. Your posts are always so upbeat and informative. I really enjoy reading them. Until the next time...

Safe travels home.

9 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@The-Inside-Cabin..Pete as always an OUTSTANDING job!

Safe travels home, when is your next cruise?

6 hours ago, hummingbird_206 said:

@The-Inside-CabinThank you so much for sharing your trip and for answering all of my questions.  I very much appreciate the help.  Safe travels.

2 hours ago, DonnyD-JJ said:

Pete & Judy, It has been a pleasure following along with you on your cruise.  You have helped with our planning in so many ways.  Thank you for all the pictures so we all got to see how beautiful each port was.

Safe Travel home & best of luck in all your future cruises.

Donna (2025 cruiser)

Thanks for everyone's kind words - I appreciate it very much.   

We had a day of packing.   

We were surprised by dozens of towel animals out by the pool this morning.   This usually happens once a cruise toward the end and is often not announced.   If you are up late, you can see them setting up the night before.

towelanimals.jpg.501bdc7bd5d043892e052bb403ec651c.jpg

Our final show of the evening was Step One Dance Company - In Tandem

Fantastic.

intandem.jpg.61cb88b0c03feb13c36770fd04ea9c79.jpg

We are flying back to San Diego tomorrow.   

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Thanks for everyone's kind words - I appreciate it very much.   

We had a day of packing.   

We were surprised by dozens of towel animals out by the pool this morning.   This usually happens once a cruise toward the end and is often not announced.   If you are up late, you can see them setting up the night before.

towelanimals.jpg.501bdc7bd5d043892e052bb403ec651c.jpg

Our final show of the evening was Step One Dance Company - In Tandem

Fantastic.

intandem.jpg.61cb88b0c03feb13c36770fd04ea9c79.jpg

We are flying back to San Diego tomorrow.   

Thank Pete and Judy for this Live thread and all of the hard work that you put in writing a thread . We hope that you have a safe trip home . We are also packing today to leave for our next cruise on Tuesday . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pete and Judy, it’s been a pleasure traveling along with you. Thanks for your wonderful photos, commentary and information. 
Cheers, Denise and Howie too

• Thanks 1

We are back home in San Diego. Port Valet worked great. We put our bags out in the hallway last night—they were not seen again until coming off the carousel in San Diego. As usual, the luggage tags were linked to our Delta App, and we could track them using the Delta App.   The luggage was also tagged with the PRIORITY TAGS - they looked exactly the same as if we checked them in ourselves at the airport.

We used Seattle Express - it worked great both ways.  

Delta flights on time - no issues.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all the time, effort and research!  The information was very helpful.  Would like one day to take this cruise.  Hope to meet you on a dam ship someday!!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

We are back home in San Diego. Port Valet worked great. We put our bags out in the hallway last night—they were not seen again until coming off the carousel in San Diego. As usual, the luggage tags were linked to our Delta App, and we could track them using the Delta App.   The luggage was also tagged with the PRIORITY TAGS - they looked exactly the same as if we checked them in ourselves at the airport.

We used Seattle Express - it worked great both ways.  

Delta flights on time - no issues.  

Is port valet offered on all HAL cruises? We are doing Koninsdam Hawaii South Pacific 35 day cruise in Feb round trip San Diego. 
Thanks Pete for all your knowledge. Much appreciated.