No Lobster Sharing Allowed

On 6/9/2024 at 5:06 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Our waiter told everyone we were not allowed to do this. To make a long story short he eventually allowed us to do it but he wasn’t happy with us. 

Not allowed and allowed. 🤣 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Is it just me or does anyone else not give a flip if my WAITER is happy with me??

I would assume you would give a flip if you ordered something from your waiter and they told you that you could only order one appetizer, one entree (which couldn’t be shared) and only one desert. This was my 82nd cruise and the first time I have experienced a waiter (head waiter specifically) who was obviously not happy with us even beyond the lobster fiasco. We were seated at a table with 10 friends, who were all Diamonds or Diamond Pluses. Everyone ordered multiple appetizers every night, like we always do when we cruise together, and the waiter stated they usually didn’t allow that. The strange part was the head waiter and assistant waiter were very nice and we talked with them thru out the cruise, they just didn’t seem to like that everyone was always ordering multiple appetizers every night and occasionally multiple entrees and deserts (not to mention sharing lobsters).  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Is it just me or does anyone else not give a flip if my WAITER is happy with me??

2 rules of food & beverage service:

1. 1) Never piss off anyone who handles your food
  2. 2) Always make your bartender happy

Edited by RobInMN
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I would assume you would give a flip if you ordered something from your waiter and they told you that you could only order one appetizer, one entree (which couldn’t be shared) and only one desert. This was my 82nd cruise and the first time I have experienced a waiter (head waiter specifically) who was obviously not happy with us even beyond the lobster fiasco. We were seated at a table with 10 friends, who were all Diamonds or Diamond Pluses. Everyone ordered multiple appetizers every night, like we always do when we cruise together, and the waiter stated they usually didn’t allow that. The strange part was the head waiter and assistant waiter were very nice and we talked with them thru out the cruise, they just didn’t seem to like that everyone was always ordering multiple appetizers every night and occasionally multiple entrees and deserts (not to mention sharing lobsters).  

I have already stated that I do not tolerated being dictated to by the MDR staff; likewise I could care less what they think about it or how they feel. 
it’s all a moot point really, I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve had dinner in the MDR since the restart. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I hope that you put this person in your survey! That employee needs retraining or reassignment!

Edited by TheBeardedCruiser
  • Like 1

On 6/9/2024 at 11:33 PM, pcur said:

Just wait until the waiter leaves, then share.  I agree: this is weird behavior.

I also agree if it was me I would (politely) remind him that once he delivers MY dinner, it's MY food, and if I want I can share it.

I think i am taking ziploc bags for my next  cruise, put them ina. bag then eat slowly lol

3 hours ago, RobInMN said:

2 rules of food & beverage service:

1. 1) Never piss off anyone who handles your food
  2. 2) Always make your bartender happy

And then there is the cruise ship corollary.... anything less than excellent on customer surveys is unacceptable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2024 at 10:30 PM, Merion_Mom said:

Was it the first Cape Liberty sailing?

Yes, maybe that was the reason.  We hadn't cruise for about 4 years and were surprise about the 1 lobster rule.  Then surprised to see them on the first day in the WJ--but no butter on the side!

I just saw that someone on the second sailing also had lobster in the WJ.  

Edited by Roo-

On 6/15/2024 at 10:57 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Sounds to me like time to get to know the resurant manager.  Better yet I like to know the F&B manager, problem solved

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisegus said:

Sounds to me like time to get to know the resurant manager.  Better yet I like to know the F&B manager, problem solved

The Hotel Director sat at our table for roughly 30 minutes at the 340 plus luncheon earlier in the cruise. My friend said he was going to talk to him about this but he never saw him on the last day of the cruise. It wasn’t important enough to me to talk to anyone about it on the ship, but I did mention it in the survey. 

Posted (edited)

If it’s a problem for them, why not just stop serving it? They do just this on most of the Mediterranean cruises and the world doesn’t stop spinning! As a paid option, it is readily available, and for those who feel compelled to guzzle them as if it was “Nathan’s” Coney Island Hot dog competition…. Great! You can buy as many as you want and provide additional entertainment to the other diners, who can clap, stomp their feet, and twirl their napkins in the air! 

Edited by Jetdriver787
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 1:18 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

I have already stated that I do not tolerated being dictated to by the MDR staff; likewise I could care less what they think about it or how they feel. 
it’s all a moot point really, I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve had dinner in the MDR since the restart. 

You mean "couldn't care less."  But, regardless, you should care more about how people feel.  Kindness matters, and goes both ways.  You often really seem bitter toward the staff that serve you.  They work very hard to provide a great experience.  If there is a policy issue that you are concerned with, you should raise it with the appropriate party(ies).

On 6/16/2024 at 2:25 PM, Roo- said:

Yes, maybe that was the reason.  We hadn't cruise for about 4 years and were surprise about the 1 lobster rule.  Then surprised to see them on the first day in the WJ--but no butter on the side!

I just saw that someone on the second sailing also had lobster in the WJ.  

At least bananas weren't in a bowl next to the ketchup and mayo! 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, uvadover said:

You mean "couldn't care less."  But, regardless, you should care more about how people feel.  Kindness matters, and goes both ways.  You often really seem bitter toward the staff that serve you.  They work very hard to provide a great experience.  If there is a policy issue that you are concerned with, you should raise it with the appropriate party(ies).

You are correct, I could not care less. Thank you for the correction. 

I do care how people feel, but this is not a policy issue. This is a waiter that is way out of line; it’s none of their concern what one does with their food AFTER it’s served. 
This is simply unacceptable and I would voice my concern to anyone and everyone. 

• Like 2

On 6/15/2024 at 11:57 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

This will set a lot of people off if they could only order 1 of each course.  I have a friend on a ship in Europe right now, and he is not able to order 2 entrees and have them both come together.  On our TA cruise in May he had no issue with doing this.  Multiple people at our table would order the entree with no starch/carbs side and the waiter brought them as requested, also with the second entree.  I get they are trying to cut down, but this is only going to drive people away or make them also eat at the WJ is they are still hungry