Coco Cay day pass

We have not been to Coco Cay yet and have a big milestone celebration coming up. 

Looking at the cabana prices, that's definitely a sticker shock, so I wanted to get your opinion on day passes. 

Traveling with an 80 year old who needs to stay in the shade, I'd rather book a day pass in advance and not having to hurry off the ship to get a decent free lounge chair.

Which day pass (with beach bed) would you suggest (not Hideaway beach with the loud music). Thanks in advance. 

24 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

We have not been to Coco Cay yet and have a big milestone celebration coming up. 

Looking at the cabana prices, that's definitely a sticker shock, so I wanted to get your opinion on day passes. 

Traveling with an 80 year old who needs to stay in the shade, I'd rather book a day pass in advance and not having to hurry off the ship to get a decent free lounge chair.

Which day pass (with beach bed) would you suggest (not Hideaway beach with the loud music). Thanks in advance. 

I would suggest the Coco Beach Club Day Pass for a relaxing day with an 80 yr old. However, there are plenty of shaded areas (for free) on the island, without having to rush out to hunt a chair. Plenty of lounge chairs available in shade.  If you want you can ride around in the tram first to get an idea of where you want to be situated, etc. 

If you are booking the pass, do it from your cruise planner and look out for sales also.

Good Luck and have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

However, there are plenty of shaded areas (for free) on the island, without having to rush out to hunt a chair. Plenty of lounge chairs available in shade.  If you want you can ride around in the tram first to get an idea of where you want to be situated, etc. 

Thank you for this excellent suggestion!!!

Lots of free shade - head left on island, over bridge and left of the merchandise kiosks.  This area has many trees plus the umbrellas on the chairs.  Also, back rows on far side of large swimming pool are shaded with a hedge, but these can fill up fairly quickly (by 9, for 8am arrival).

for a treat consider the beach club.  Not cheap- but not the same as a cabana.  We really enjoyed it.  Also as previously stated many free options- get off the ship early and go to one of the beach areas- they have comfortable seating and plenty of shade- try chill island.

We once booked a day bed as my dh cannot be in the sun.  Only problem was that it was windy so the side curtains moved and let the sun in.  Bring large safety pins or something to hold curtains.  Three sets.  One one each side and one in the front

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2024 at 1:00 PM, Arzeena said:

If you want you can ride around in the tram first to get an idea of where you want to be situated, etc. 

By the time the tram completes its round, the best seats'll be taken.  I recommend choosing from a map. 

5 hours ago, LeeW said:

Lots of free shade - head left on island, over bridge and left of the merchandise kiosks.  This area has many trees plus the umbrellas on the chairs.  Also, back rows on far side of large swimming pool are shaded with a hedge, but these can fill up fairly quickly (by 9, for 8am arrival).

Yes, I was going to recommend this area as well.  It's closer to the ship (less walking for the 80-year old), and it's near a rest room and the Chill Grill (for lunch).  Look at the map I'm sharing -- see the entrance to the island?  It's the white dock in the bottom middle -- walk between the words PERFECT DAY and COCO CAY.  From the entrance, the area we're both recommending is to the left across the bridge -- see those palm trees?  That's complete shade.    

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We once booked a day bed as my dh cannot be in the sun.  Only problem was that it was windy so the side curtains moved and let the sun in.  Bring large safety pins or something to hold curtains.  Three sets.  One one each side and one in the front

Yeah, these aren't going to keep you in the shade all day.  

Perhaps consider instead a long-sleeved rash guard and a good sun hat.  

CocoCay.jpg

Edited by Mum2Mercury

14 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

By the time the tram completes its round, the best seats'll be taken.  I recommend choosing from a map. 

Yes, I was going to recommend this area as well.  It's closer to the ship (less walking for the 80-year old), and it's near a rest room and the Chill Grill (for lunch).  Look at the map I'm sharing -- see the entrance to the island?  It's the white dock in the bottom middle -- walk between the words PERFECT DAY and COCO CAY.  From the entrance, the area we're both recommending is to the left across the bridge -- see those palm trees?  That's complete shade.    

Yeah, these aren't going to keep you in the shade all day.  

Perhaps consider instead a long-sleeved rash guard and a good sun hat.  

CocoCay.jpg

We always wear rash guard and hats.  Since it can be windy best to have a hat with a tie

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Thanks. There's an option to book a day bed at Chill Island. Worth it?

"Worth it" is such a subjective question... I have one booked when we go there on Icon in Nov...  However, I got it for $219. I haven't seen it less than $399 for over a year...  I probably would pay that price and would be looking at a different experience.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/10/2024 at 12:26 PM, Cruisesfun65 said:

Here are prices from our upcoming stop at CocoCay

image.png.44174b217a15fe5a737e31d426351f76.png

image.png.8571b58015e1df1829e890debaa74627.png

Edited by BirdTravels

50 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Thanks. Our prices are much higher (Easter week), so I'll wait a little longer. 

You can always book now then if you see cheaper, maybe Black Friday sales, you simply cancel and rebook any cruise planner item at the lower price.

The beach club day pass, if a decent price, is  a very nice quiet area with a very nice lunch including filet mignon and lobster.  Servers come right to your lounge chair at their heated pool or a beach lounger to bring you drinks.

Very nice bathrooms too.

Much better than the ones in the free areas.

8 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Thanks. There's an option to book a day bed at Chill Island. Worth it?

Considering you are traveling with an 80 yr old, I will say the day beds are nice, but lower to the ground for getting up and down. They do come with 2 chaise lounge chairs and umbrella too. The sand around chill island is deep. Very nice area though. 

Consider Co Co Beach club. Once inside, everything is easily walkable, paved, with very accessible bathrooms. There is a sit down restaurant that is shaded. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Here are prices from our upcoming stop at CocoCay

image.png.44174b217a15fe5a737e31d426351f76.png

image.png.8571b58015e1df1829e890debaa74627.png

Prices have really increased over the past two years!  crazy  If weather turns out to be bad, you  really wasted your money for a couple of hours.  Buy something on the ship and save your money or cruise credit!

Roughly 4 weeks from cruise departure, Cococay prices adjust. Saw this on every cruise I looked at between December and May. Beach bed prices didn't adjust, but Cabanas and Beach club did. Cabanas had the largest swings. 

We ended up with Oasis lagoon cabana for $350 after taxes. One of the best experiences we had on our trip, Cabana attendant was amazing. Drinks turn around was within a couple minutes each time, always bringing extras. Brought out food in large quantities, and anticipated needs as oppose to waiting. Most importantly was really friendly and personable. Clearly was working hard in the heat and still presented himself like he genuinely enjoyed what he did. 

Also had a great conversation at the end of the day with them about the history, living situations on Cococay, and possible future plans for Cococay, and where the attendant wanted to go next. He has been living on Cococay since they started having workers living on the island, and only leaving for contract breaks to go to his home country. 

Previously had a beach bed, and while I like the bed and location of it. The service was nothing special in that instance. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 8:14 AM, SUgwoz said:

Roughly 4 weeks from cruise departure, Cococay prices adjust. Saw this on every cruise I looked at between December and May. Beach bed prices didn't adjust, but Cabanas and Beach club did. Cabanas had the largest swings. 

We ended up with Oasis lagoon cabana for $350 after taxes. One of the best experiences we had on our trip, Cabana attendant was amazing. Drinks turn around was within a couple minutes each time, always bringing extras. Brought out food in large quantities, and anticipated needs as oppose to waiting. Most importantly was really friendly and personable. Clearly was working hard in the heat and still presented himself like he genuinely enjoyed what he did. 

Also had a great conversation at the end of the day with them about the history, living situations on Cococay, and possible future plans for Cococay, and where the attendant wanted to go next. He has been living on Cococay since they started having workers living on the island, and only leaving for contract breaks to go to his home country. 

Previously had a beach bed, and while I like the bed and location of it. The service was nothing special in that instance. 

Curious.. a cabana for $350 after taxes??  Sheesh, that's an amazing deal  - was this in the past 18 months, or back further than that? 

44 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

Curious.. a cabana for $350 after taxes??  Sheesh, that's an amazing deal  - was this in the past 18 months, or back further than that? 

In May on an Icon sailing.  About 4-6 weeks out they start discounting some Cococay items, however, its not as simple as supply and demand that dictates prices.  I could not find a definitive pattern. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SUgwoz said:

In May on an Icon sailing.  About 4-6 weeks out they start discounting some Cococay items, however, its not as simple as supply and demand that dictates prices.  I could not find a definitive pattern. 

How awesome that you got the cabana at that price. Were you guys the only ship at CocoCay that day?

6 hours ago, Toddcan said:

How awesome that you got the cabana at that price. Were you guys the only ship at CocoCay that day?

Independence was also there. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SUgwoz said:

I've got Cococay twice coming up later this year... I'll be keep an eye out for deals like that.  

For Icon Nov 2024 I got a beach bed for @219+ tax back on the Black Friday sale 2022.  I have seen anything close to that since.  I'd probably keep that one no matter what but we get off Icon and get on Oasis and go right back to Cococay.  If I could grab a cabana for that trip anywhere close to that I'd do it.  

• Like 1