TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

787 seats have to be inches narrower than the old A220 we took up here. I forgot how uncomfortable this is. Oh well. Ten hours then I don’t have to long haul again for a year. And then, it’s just one way!

#valor2025  😀

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

41 minutes for bag drop. That’s problematic. The line stretches literally to the door of the airport now. If we’d come much later we’d have been in trouble. 

This is exactly why'd be up all night like B. I'd rather sit at the airport for an extra hour than pray I make it while running to my gate. 

5 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

787 seats have to be inches narrower than the old A220 we took up here. I forgot how uncomfortable this is. Oh well. Ten hours then I don’t have to long haul again for a year. And then, it’s just one way!

If I had the time and $$, a TA there and back with a med cruise in between would be wonderful! I'd have to deal with logistics of movement between ships, but better than flying (probably). 

2 hours ago, Cruisercl said:

Safe travels home! 😎

IMO airplane travel is the nightmare part of travel now. Usually a poor experience. 

Yup

• Like 7

@TxTeach79 and @HelloItsMeB..waking up this morning here in Utah and catching up and you are already half way back to DFW.

It has been a WONDERFUL review.  The memories I am sure you will cherish forever.

Now to catch up on some R&R and at least Paul doesn't have to rush right back to work, hoping B can recover before she has to return to the grind.

Thanks for taking us along, now we will all be in withdrawal mode!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

41 minutes for bag drop. That’s problematic. The line stretches literally to the door of the airport now. If we’d come much later we’d have been in trouble. 

We're doing a 16-day trip to Europe at the end of August.  Given your experiences (and others from friends of mine), we're limiting ourselves to one carry-on and one personal bag each....especially b/c we have connecting flights.

It's going to be a major challenge shedding stuff and weight from what we normally bring, sort of like when Matt Damon was tossing extra things out of the escape pod in the movie The Martian.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, mikayla73 said:

If I had the time and $$, a TA there and back with a med cruise in between would be wonderful! I'd have to deal with logistics of movement between ships, but better than flying (probably). 

We're looking TAs for 2025. NCL is offering a couple that are long and port heavy at the beginning, but then have a week of TA travel, so you can have a week to recover from your trip.

I just looked at one on the Pearl that is 15-days Barcelona to Miami with multiple stops in Spain, Gibraltar, Morocco, and Madeira. There's another one on the Breakaway that does Italy, Spain, France, and Portugal before crossing the ocean.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, RobertL88 said:

Interesting to read that lots of people are anxious to fly with checked luggage; I live in the Netherlands and cruise from the USA quite often and only had issues with my luggage on connecting flights once (which was a flight connecting at CDG in Paris...)

Once is usually enough to cause anxiety.

• Like 7

I've only ever had a delay in getting luggage when flying from the US to Zambia, with layovers in Ethiopia and the Congo. In Zambia I waited and waited for my luggage, never showed. Thank God I had a change of clothes in my carryon and my luggage did show up the next day.  It looked rough and like maybe it had been drug by the plane to make it there, but it made it and I was so thankful.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, RobertL88 said:

Interesting to read that lots of people are anxious to fly with checked luggage; I live in the Netherlands and cruise from the USA quite often and only had issues with my luggage on connecting flights once (which was a flight connecting at CDG in Paris...)

As far as I can remember, I've lost luggage three times, for over 24 hours. Twice going, once coming back. I take it as part of the adventure. But then again 24 is not too long and eventually got everything back. SAS was the best. Gave us a ditty bag and money.

• Like 4