TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

4 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I see a lot of carry on bags by people at lot older than 18.

So does B. I feel the heat radiating off of her on these tiny seats 

• Like 3
  • Haha 23

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, expattraveler said:

“Every time someone with a carryon comes in…. B: “must be nice to have a carryon”

That’s funny!

Have another round. Hopefully it will help with a little sleep as long as all of those kids taking up all of the overhead storage are orderly and quiet 😉

Totally unacceptable, unfair policy. Risky ref people's meds, etc. Should have to publish a policy like that up front!

Edited by Etta1213
  • Like 9

The bag "policy" is absolute merde. Are they putting the children in the overhead bins? I would have gone full Karen and said I have medication in that bag that won't fit in my backpack. I'm all for following the rules, but if the rules are made up and make no sense...F that.

On the bright side, you're flying AF, so the wine onboard should be good. Bon voyage! 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

I almost got a plate on the wall at the old Saucer location in Addison. Another IYKYK. 

IMG_2320.thumb.jpeg.b510fab2aef165857cb10bb295dc083a.jpeg

IMG_2321.thumb.jpeg.e5e05e9a5b7c48ff2b4bf019f68ed33b.jpeg

I have friends that have plates on the wall at FS The Lake. #sofancy

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

So our driver from Venice to Trieste messages us to say hello and let us know where to find him… and he sends us THIS pic so we can locate him…. Why the thirst trap, Giuseppe? (Note: I don’t think his name is Giuseppe.)

IMG_2296.thumb.jpeg.332eed0d089d76b633c1b4d076c6d202.jpeg

Does he need someone to keep him company while you're gone? 🥵

• Like 1
  • Haha 23

41 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

So does B. I feel the heat radiating off of her on these tiny seats 

That heat is her love for you oozing out of her pours that were opened up with the bad cooler and the multiple glasses of white.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

So get a load of this…. We are checking in and getting ready to drop our bag, when an Air France employee tells us that this is a full flight…. We’ll have to check our carry on as well, free of charge. This seems crazy, because we are here three hours early and no other airline I’ve ever experienced does it that way. Also, it would completely blow up our entire packing plan and loss prevention system. Then we see multiple other people arguing the same thing. It’s a thing. Crap. 

So we move an AirTag into our essentials carry on, B tries to argue to no avail, being told that “the overhead space on a full flight is for those with kids.” Ouch. 

So we check everything. I dump my glasses in B’s backpack. We have an hour and a half connection in Venice. We’re completely raw dogging this thing. Again. 

Also, the AF app has a bag tracker. Shows we checked three bags. We checked two. #holdontight

IMG_2318.thumb.jpeg.bf93b5d981b215facc5872a985a1058c.jpeg

Didn't see this coming...well actually maybe I did but hoped against hope the curse had been lifted🤦

What an insane policy/excuse/pain in the ***

Just a little setback, so far still good. Safe travels!

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Funsince1983 said:

Does he need someone to keep him company while you're gone? 🥵

The problem wouldn't be finding Giuseppe but needing to leave him behind! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, jsparents said:

What we have learned is that if flying Air France, only 1 person in your party should be at the counter checking a bag.  The other should be hiding with the carryon.

Now you tell them….

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Totally unacceptable, unfair policy. Risky ref people's meds, etc. Should have to publish a policy like that up front!

This definitely requires a letter, text, email of complaint to AF.  A photo of the line of people with their carryons wouldn’t hurt.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

So get a load of this…. We are checking in and getting ready to drop our bag, when an Air France employee tells us that this is a full flight…. We’ll have to check our carry on as well, free of charge. This seems crazy, because we are here three hours early and no other airline I’ve ever experienced does it that way. Also, it would completely blow up our entire packing plan and loss prevention system. Then we see multiple other people arguing the same thing. It’s a thing. Crap. 

So we move an AirTag into our essentials carry on, B tries to argue to no avail, being told that “the overhead space on a full flight is for those with kids.” Ouch. 

So we check everything. I dump my glasses in B’s backpack. We have an hour and a half connection in Venice. We’re completely raw dogging this thing. Again. 

Also, the AF app has a bag tracker. Shows we checked three bags. We checked two. #holdontight

IMG_2318.thumb.jpeg.bf93b5d981b215facc5872a985a1058c.jpeg

Nooooo!  That completely sucks. I cannot give up my carryon.  The one time I was forced…you got it, left behind.  On a cruise.  Four days before it caught up.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dallasdan said:

Watch the Mavericks beat the Celtics tonight on the flight.  That will keep your mind occupied for a couple of hours.  

Unfortunately that will make it worse since Boston is going up 3-0

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jsparents said:

What we have learned is that if flying Air France, only 1 person in your party should be at the counter checking a bag.  The other should be hiding with the carryon.

Can’t. They have to see your passport and you. The only safe way is business class

• Like 2