Completing check-in on the website?

I checked my 4 cabins in on the app on the first date it was available. I selected the boarding time for everyone and then asked family members to complete their own information. My daughter hit a glitch in that the app will not let her complete her information because her loyalty # is tied to her maiden name from years ago. She gets a message that says her name does not match the name on her loyalty number and she cannot go further in the process. The app does not allow her to remove the loyalty #.

I contacted the TA and she asked me to try to complete the check-in on the website before she calls RCI. I do not see anywhere on the website that allows the check in information to be entered. At this point we want to at least remove the loyalty # and move forward. 

Am I missing something on the website that would allow her to complete the check in process?

Posted (edited)

The check in through the website is by way of the cruise planner.  Sign in with your account and go from there. Hopefully there will be a way to remove her number that way to proceed.

You can call C & A yourself directly at 800.526.9723 to make the update and do not have to do so through your TA.  Might be faster and at your convenience.  If you cannot remove her number through the app or website this should facilitate the check in.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

7 Night Northbound Alaska & Hubbard
Radiance Of The Seas | Jul 12 - Jul 19
Reservation #123456
Guest 1, Guest 2, Guest 3, Guest 4
Check-in, link other reservations, and more. 

This is what I get when I click on the Cruise Planner link. It all looks good and like the place I need to be...but then I click on View Cruise Details under the "check In" line and it just puts me back at my cruise home page where I am directed to check in on the app. It is a never ending loop to nowhere. I am so beyond frustrated with RCI IT.

I'd call crown and anchor anyway and get it resolved so her last name matches her crown and anchor number. I'd want that fixed anyway. It needs to be updated anyway so it matches. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'd call crown and anchor anyway and get it resolved so her last name matches her crown and anchor number. I'd want that fixed anyway. It needs to be updated anyway so it matches. 

Thank you - that looks like the best route. I try to avoid the phone always but sometimes it's the best way. 

3 hours ago, surgie said:

I checked my 4 cabins in on the app on the first date it was available. I selected the boarding time for everyone and then asked family members to complete their own information. My daughter hit a glitch in that the app will not let her complete her information because her loyalty # is tied to her maiden name from years ago. She gets a message that says her name does not match the name on her loyalty number and she cannot go further in the process. The app does not allow her to remove the loyalty #.

I contacted the TA and she asked me to try to complete the check-in on the website before she calls RCI. I do not see anywhere on the website that allows the check in information to be entered. At this point we want to at least remove the loyalty # and move forward. 

Am I missing something on the website that would allow her to complete the check in process?

We had a similar issue in December with my sister-in-law.  In our case, we weren't able to resolve until we were embarking at port.  Good luck!

• Like 1

We do not use the app. When we get the message to Check In Now, there is a line that says "If not using the app, click here".  We do that, and it takes us to a page with our names, ship, date, and booking number. We print that, as directed, and take it to the port, where they complete the details.  Quick and easy.

• Like 1

I always check in on the website.  Every single time it says it doesn’t recognize my husband’s C&A number.  I just delete his number on the check in page and continue on.

It doesn’t affect anything regarding his check in…..it’s just a glitch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, surgie said:

On some ships, check in is limited to the app only, not available on the web site. Fix the issue at the pier.

• Like 1

It appears that this issue is resolved. My daughter had to call the C&A 800 number to inform them of the name change. They deleted her loyalty number so that she could then complete check-in on the app. They assured her that her loyalty account is still in place and that the upcoming cruise will be posted to it which she can verify from her account after our return. Thanks for all the suggestions. At least she is now all checked in. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, surgie said:

It appears that this issue is resolved. My daughter had to call the C&A 800 number to inform them of the name change. They deleted her loyalty number so that she could then complete check-in on the app. They assured her that her loyalty account is still in place and that the upcoming cruise will be posted to it which she can verify from her account after our return. Thanks for all the suggestions. At least she is now all checked in. 

We're on the same sailing as you and had the same problem. The app forces me to take new photos.  already have save photos of our passports and selves and wanted to use those. The website is not the most user friendly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gometros said:

We're on the same sailing as you and had the same problem. The app forces me to take new photos.  already have save photos of our passports and selves and wanted to use those. The website is not the most user friendly.

Yes, the app only allows you to take the selfie and pic of the passport within the app rather than uploading a selfie or a scan of the passport. We found this out after my granddaughter took several selfies with my phone and saved to my photos only to realize none of them would work even though she finally took one she liked lol.