MSC & ME App?

Oxo

I tried to use the MSC & ME app to enter my 3 upcoming cruises. It will only accept one. Then there is no other option to enter the other 2.

Has anyone encountered this problem or is it me?

When you enter your cruise and you are more than 30 days out, you cannot do anything other than Add excursions, drinks & more. If you go to MSC Voyagers Club benefits you must sign in. 

Not a very user friendly app. You had to sign in to get to your cruise so why sign in again?

Not complaining, just comparing it to other similiar apps that are much more User Friedly. JMHO 

MSC's app is essentially useless until you are onboard. You can use it to check in for your earliest upcoming cruise and that is pretty much it. It is, however, better than many other line's apps once you are onboard. I find myself getting frustrated when I am on other lines and don't have access to things like the daily MDR menus and hours of operation of all the bars, restaurants, and services.

• Like 5

I have two cruises booked.  When I sign in, I enter my booking number and can access my reservation.  In order to access the second cruise, I must logout from the app, then go back in with second booking number.  EM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I have two cruises booked.  When I sign in, I enter my booking number and can access my reservation.  In order to access the second cruise, I must logout from the app, then go back in with second booking number.  EM

Thank you! I will try that and report back. 

That is not User Friendly. 

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thank you! I will try that and report back. 

That is not User Friendly. 

That did work. However, now you must sign in separately for each cruise instead of seeing each cruise when you sign in one time. Again, Not User Friendly.

• Like 1

Ay e too elementary, but if you are having trouble figuring out how to logout, click on profile at bottom right.  Then at the top right, click on the tool wheel and you will get the option to logout.  EM

1 minute ago, Essiesmom said:

Ay e too elementary, but if you are having trouble figuring out how to logout, click on profile at bottom right.  Then at the top right, click on the tool wheel and you will get the option to logout.  EM

Thank you! Figured that out. 

I have never seen an app like this one before. I think they need help in the IT Department.

• Like 1

FYI - Just figured it out.

If you sign in using:

1. MSC Account Login -  you can see all your bookings if you loaded them in. 

2. Log in with Booking Number - you only see that one booking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GPPhilly said:

I was able to switch in the app between 2 cruises.  I only have one currently so I can not check 

FYI - Just figured it out.

If you sign in using:

1. MSC Account Login -  you can see all your bookings if you loaded them in. 

2. Log in with Booking Number - you only see that one booking.

1 hour ago, MonsterJoe said:

Out of curiosity - what do you want the app to do when you're not on the ship?

Sure, I will compile a list of them. Thanks for asking!

1. MSC Voyagers Clubs benefits:

Tap on that and you get MSC VOYAGERS CLUB Screen. Register Now or Log in.

They already have you logged in with a Reservation Number, why log in again?

2. About Me: 

Cannot add or change things.

3. Membership Benefits:

Welcome, Ashore Privileges and On Board Privileges - does not show info. Please Note: For more information about please refer to MSC Voyagers Club benefits  refer to info desk or to your Future Cruise Consultants. 

4. Specialty Restaurants:

Shows Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay, Pan Asian & Teppanyaki  - tap on anyone and you can see pics of restaurant. Should show menu, price, etc.

Does anyone fell the same as for the lack of information even when you are not on the ship? This information should be provided since you are accessing MSC Server/Site.

4 minutes ago, Oxo said:

1. MSC Voyagers Clubs benefits:

Tap on that and you get MSC VOYAGERS CLUB Screen. Register Now or Log in.

They already have you logged in with a Reservation Number, why log in again?

2. About Me: 

Cannot add or change things.

3. Membership Benefits:

Welcome, Ashore Privileges and On Board Privileges - does not show info. Please Note: For more information about please refer to MSC Voyagers Club benefits  refer to info desk or to your Future Cruise Consultants. 

4. Specialty Restaurants:

Shows Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay, Pan Asian & Teppanyaki  - tap on anyone and you can see pics of restaurant. Should show menu, price, etc.

Does anyone fell the same as for the lack of information even when you are not on the ship? This information should be provided since you are accessing MSC Server/Site.

I guess I just never have much desire/need for an app pre-cruise. I usually manage my bookings primarily through websites, as I am on a computer far more often than my phone (work on a computer all day and play on a computer most evenings). In fact, I find myself annoyed when I HAVE to do things through an app and can't just do them through the web. This all changes once I am onboard a cruise, of course, because I have my phone with me at all times on the ship, but rarely have my laptop with me.

@Oxo I agree with @JamieLogical  -  everything you are asking for is on the Web site.  I see the app as a convenient quick reference tool onboard the ship instead of having the carry the paper daily planer around with me.  

16 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

@Oxo I agree with @JamieLogical  -  everything you are asking for is on the Web site.  I see the app as a convenient quick reference tool onboard the ship instead of having the carry the paper daily planer around with me.  

I agree with using a phone instead of paper. However, With your reasoning that everything you need is on the Internet. 

Why have the app? 

It is not current.

It is lacking valuable information.

It is a false sense of information.

How many people try to use it before they get in a cruise ship? 

Just read an article where Costco is trying to force customers to use their Smart Phones instead of their membership cards. 

Thanks for your input.

1 hour ago, asctony said:

I agree with using a phone instead of paper. However, With your reasoning that everything you need is on the Internet. 

Why have the app? 

It is not current.

Just read an article where Costco is trying to force customers to use their Smart Phones instead of their membership cards. 

Thanks for your input.

You have an app for once you are onboard. That is where the usefulness is unquestionable.

• Like 3

I guess that keeps IT software programmers employed maintaining two separate applications. It sure would be easy to sync both the Internet and APP. Thus, having valid information using either one. JMHO!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, asctony said:

We use our app instead of membership cards. One less thing to carry around (unless you need gas). 

36 minutes ago, Oxo said:

I guess that keeps IT software programmers employed maintaining two separate applications. It sure would be easy to sync both the Internet and APP. Thus, having valid information using either one. JMHO!

And it's not hard to actually make these the same system.  And this is not me guessing, I work in IT and we run three different portals.  The app and portal versions are the same system as the web version.

I also work in software as an engineer for the better part of 20 years...and I would guess that they have separate enough systems that they have hedged their bets and don't consider the roi to connect them worth the cost/effort...people are still going to book the cruises.

As a consumer...I'd love all the stuffs available in the app.  As the insider...I get why it might not be. 

Maybe it will  change as their designs to expand the American market continue.

5 hours ago, asctony said:

You do not need the internet plan to use the app shipboard. 

Why have the app? 

Convience.  Since I have my phone with me anyway, I can look up what is happening where, what the meals are going to be, etc.  It's all in the palm of my hand. 

It is not current.

With one exception when the menu was wrong, it was very accurate on our sailing. 

What valuable information is lacking?  I was able to find everting I considered valuable on the app while out and about on the ship. 

It what way does it do this?  I liked being able to open it up and see what was going on where aboard the ship at that time or what was coming up in the various venue's.  

Nothing is 100% and is going to provide 100% of what everyone wants all the time.   As John Lydgate said  “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, asctony said:

Why have the app? 

It is not current.

Thanks for your input.

Sams Club already does that. My card broke in half. Went to customer service and they said we don’t issue cards anymore and to use your phone

Interesting topic, we sail MSC for the first time in a few months and I thought the app was a bit lacking.

I logged back in today and see a new section added called ‘Tips for a smoother embarkation’ and this will no doubt prove more useful as we get nearer to the sail date. 

IMG_7234.jpeg

11 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

You do not need the internet plan to use the app shipboard. 

Convience.  Since I have my phone with me anyway, I can look up what is happening where, what the meals are going to be, etc.  It's all in the palm of my hand. 

With one exception when the menu was wrong, it was very accurate on our sailing. 

What valuable information is lacking?  I was able to find everting I considered valuable on the app while out and about on the ship. 

It what way does it do this?  I liked being able to open it up and see what was going on where aboard the ship at that time or what was coming up in the various venue's.  

Nothing is 100% and is going to provide 100% of what everyone wants all the time.   As John Lydgate said  “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

FYI - You being USN. I was a SPO contractor for POMFLANT back in 1981 upgrading their IBM360 System. Even went to Brimington, WA which was their other Sister facility. Been in IT since 1961. 

When I compare SW or APPs, I see what Celebrity, NCL, Princess & RCI have compare to MSC. There is no comparison. MSC is totally useless before getting on the ship. That is why I started this posting and said MSC & Me is totally inadequate. However, many people find it OK. 

So, I will refrain from providing my opinions on this. 

Thanks for all your inputs.  

• Like 1