Private Sale Incorrect Information Provided by HAL

16 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Is there a code that must be used?  Typically, it is in fine print.  Also, the offers are capacity controlled.

In the bottom corner there is the symbol that you can scan and it says " Visit grco.de/jun24deals or scan to reserve your exclusive fares".  When I typed in that info I got nothing.

I don't scan these things (I never have) but I will be contacting HAL about it).

1 minute ago, mexico8 said:

In the bottom corner there is the symbol that you can scan and it says " Visit grco.de/jun24deals or scan to reserve your exclusive fares".  When I typed in that info I got nothing.

I don't scan these things (I never have) but I will be contacting HAL about it).

This must be something new they are trying (and failing).  Best wishes.  Thank you for sharing your experience as it is helpful to all of us.

I called HAL again and this time I did find the "code" that was on the flyer.  It was a tiny print on the bottom of page 4!   It was HAL2011CADG.   Easy to miss it and first time I knew about this kind of code.

To make a long story short, the bold price of $689 was only for August 31st and there is no accessible cabin.  I have a mobility scooter so I need the space for it in the cabin and to be able to charge the battery.

The price went up quite a bit for the accessible  cabin I needed and the date was mid- October.   We are giving it some thought.  Instead of $689 it would be $1159 each.

Thanks to everyone who posted here with information.  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, iflyrc5 said:

We have over 900 days on DAM ships and never get anything in the mail or email about a private sale.  How do I get on the list?

For some reason, they don’t always offer them to those with a current booking. I was told that in order to continue being offered private sales even while booked, to give the Mariner Society a call so they can notate the account to continue being informed of sales.

We each have three preference settings on our Mariner accounts. Phone, mail and email. If you opted out of email, you won't get sale email. Same with postal mail. I'm pretty sure that you will still get mail for your sailings that are booked. It's the marketing mail that's impacted.