Solo Pricing

Solo fairy  visited me! 10 nighter jan 2 Constellation..deck 6 with balcony..solo pricing was $2400 cheaper than double occupany.  Never seen that before. 

• Like 3

Just got told by a CVP to book someone as a second passenger that "will not show up". The e-quotes show the price for 1st/2nd passenger. The promo restriction says solo supplement 200%.  Nothing states not applicable to solo pricing. Completely false advertising.

• Like 2

As a solo cruiser who cruises 12 to 18 weeks per year, I cannot understand why any solo would book with a cruise line that is gouging solo cruisers.  I pay 1 and a half fares as a solo on Royal Caribbean.  Once you reach 340 points in their loyalty program this is all you ever pay.  I priced several solo cruises on Celebrity and they were close to 2 and a half fares.  No thank you.  I was looking forward to doing a few more cruises on Celebrity now that the match program makes me Zenith.  But their product is not that much better.  Talk with your wallets, fellow solo cruisers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, puerto penasco lady said:

As a solo cruiser who cruises 12 to 18 weeks per year, I cannot understand why any solo would book with a cruise line that is gouging solo cruisers.  I pay 1 and a half fares as a solo on Royal Caribbean.  Once you reach 340 points in their loyalty program this is all you ever pay.  I priced several solo cruises on Celebrity and they were close to 2 and a half fares.  No thank you.  I was looking forward to doing a few more cruises on Celebrity now that the match program makes me Zenith.  But their product is not that much better.  Talk with your wallets, fellow solo cruisers.

Maybe Celebrity has been listening to us solo cruisers after all. I went online this afternoon to check prices once again for my Mediterranean cruise on the Ascent for next May immediately following my transatlantic and the price dropped by several thousand dollars to just under double occupancy. I couldn't believe what I saw so immediately put a hold on a cabin, called my CVP and he grabbed it for me. What a stroke of luck that was. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, drakes2 said:

Maybe Celebrity has been listening to us solo cruisers after all. I went online this afternoon to check prices once again for my Mediterranean cruise on the Ascent for next May immediately following my transatlantic and the price dropped by several thousand dollars to just under double occupancy. I couldn't believe what I saw so immediately put a hold on a cabin, called my CVP and he grabbed it for me. What a stroke of luck that was. 

The price dropped again this morning so I was able to get it adjusted. In addition they gave me another $240 off for the B2B.   If there are more price drops I'll upgrade to an IV. 🤞

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

The price dropped again this morning so I was able to get it adjusted. In addition they gave me another $240 off for the B2B.   If there are more price drops I'll upgrade to an IV. 🤞

drakes2, may I ask which cruise this is?

3 minutes ago, SunnyNy said:

The first Med cruise on Ascent after its TA is May 5 2025. I'm sure that's the one.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SunnyNy said:

Greece Italy turkey 11 nights on Ascent May 5th.   I'm already there so figured why not. May not get the opportunity again also return home to Toronto Canada direct is super inexpensive.  Never been to any of these places  before.  Silly not to do it. 

28 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I got a six day Caribbean on Beyond Oct in a sky suite SOLO for 4500$ and I  I grabbed that so fast!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Judyrem said:

I got a six day Caribbean on Beyond Oct in a sky suite SOLO for 4500$ and I  I grabbed that so fast!

Great job

• Like 1

Celebrity may possibly be coming to its senses about this insane pricing strategy.  A cruise I had been looking at has abandoned its upcharge for solos.  Unfortunately for Celebrity, in the meantime I've spent most of my travel budget on other interesting opportunities which didn't have that punitive pricing.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Celebrity may possibly be coming to its senses about this insane pricing strategy.  A cruise I had been looking at has abandoned its upcharge for solos.  Unfortunately for Celebrity, in the meantime I've spent most of my travel budget on other interesting opportunities which didn't have that punitive pricing.  

Oh well like the saying goes... you snooze you lose. Luckily for me I was checking on that Mediterranean cruise daily and for some reason looked again yesterday afternoon and major price drop like almost half of what it was in the morning.  Jumped on it so quickly as I thought it was a pricing error. Now looking to upgrade to an IV at the right price. 

• Like 1

I'm new to Celebrity (I cruise Royal Caribbean quite a bit) and just booked my second cruise with them. I booked the Reflection (four-day Key West/Coco Cay in late September) in a pre-Black Friday sale last year at a fantastic price for a solo traveler. Yesterday, I got an email from Celebrity advertising 75% off the second passenger on select cruises. I checked out the pricing for a solo passenger on the Constellation for a nine-day cruise from Tampa to New Orleans/Western Caribbean at the end of November that came to about $141/day. I consider that a GREAT value, so I booked it. I think that deals can be found if you look for them! I'm recently retired so my schedule is pretty flexible - that doesn't hurt!

Edited by OhJinkies