Specialty and Regular Dining Room Reservations

cluso

First O cruise coming up soon.  A-2 Cabin, so Specialty Dining Reservations are open 60 days out.  We are on a 12-night Regatta cruise so 2 nights each in Polo and Toscana.  So, can I make reservations for every night of the cruise at the 60 day point?  The reason I ask is the invoice has a line

--Specialty Dining Reservations--Open for reservations on: 16-July-24.  I was just thinking Specialty, didn't even think about the normal dining room reservations...

4 minutes ago, cluso said:

First O cruise coming up soon.  A-2 Cabin, so Specialty Dining Reservations are open 60 days out.  We are on a 12-night Regatta cruise so 2 nights each in Polo and Toscana.  So, can I make reservations for every night of the cruise at the 60 day point?  The reason I ask is the invoice has a line

--Specialty Dining Reservations--Open for reservations on: 16-July-24.  I was just thinking Specialty, didn't even think about the normal dining room reservations...

No reservations required for Main Dining Room.  Open Seating.  Just show up when you want to dine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you board you can go to the reservation desk daily to see if you can add a reservation in a Specialty Restaurant. They do that day by day. Best shot there is you are willing to eat with another couple.

31 minutes ago, cluso said:

Are you saying that you're interested in eating at a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise?

Before you get onboard, you can make 2 reservations at each Polo and Tuscana (total 4) through your account on the O website, or calling O or have your TA do it.  Not all times and dates will be available because others can book earlier than you can. Once onboard, you can check to see if other days are available.

3 minutes ago, DanOnboard said:

Before you get onboard, you can make 2 reservations at each Polo and Tuscana (total 4) through your account on the O website, or calling O or have your TA do it.  Not all times and dates will be available because others can book earlier than you can. Once onboard, you can check to see if other days are available.

And the time is 12:01AM EST. Living on the Left Coast gave us another advantage 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, clo said:

Are you saying that you're interested in eating at a specialty restaurant every night of your cruise?

No, just didn't know when we can make reservations for the main dining room (not Specialty), or if that is possible before we board...

I guess I confused people.  I know the Specialty Dining info.  I just did not know if you could make reservations in advance for the main dining room.  DH has a hearing issue (former fighter pilot for many, many years--pre-Tom Cruise) and hasn't explored h-aids yet. Big tabletops aren't in ours or anybody's favor.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cluso said:

I guess I confused people.  I know the Specialty Dining info.  I just did not know if you could make reservations in advance for the main dining room.  DH has a hearing issue (former fighter pilot for many, many years--pre-Tom Cruise) and hasn't explored h-aids yet. Big tabletops aren't in ours or anybody's favor.  

Just ask for a 2-top when you arrive at the GDR. We were just on Regatta and only shared if we wanted to share. You may not get the "view" table unless you arrive early (or late ~8+), but there is usually a 2-top available (or maybe a short wait). Try the Terrace (buffet) at least once for dinner, especially if you arrive late back from port or when they have the chef-special dinner (usually 2 nights in a row).

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 2

Usually it's dark, so a view table may not be that important any way.  I realize some places stay light a little longer.  We walked in one night, was told they had a lovely window table--it was pitch black outside.  We enjoy eating in the center, that way we can also people watch during dinner which can be entertaining in it's self.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, redraider1966 said:

No reservations required for Main Dining Room.  Open Seating.  Just show up when you want to dine.

Just to be clear: On O ships, it’s called Grand Dining Room (and there are no reservations required).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Just to be clear: On O ships, it’s called Grand Dining Room (and there are no reservations required).

or as my spouse mis-calls it, "the Grand Ballroom" 😄 I used to correct him, but now I just go with it.

• Like 1

Cluso:

Yes, you can make a reservation for ANY day of your cruise for the specialty restaurants when your sailing date is 60 days out.  You don't have to wait until the day you want is 60 days out.  All reservations for the entire sailing open for you 60 days from your sail date.

Also, the same person(s) will seat you in the Main/Grand dining room each night you dine there.  I suggest you quietly tell them the first evening that you always will need a table for two and they  will gladly accommodate you.  On our Sirena sailing last November, the staff kept a separate list of 2-top requests (if none available) and they let you know when it's ready.  

The management staff in the dining rooms were outstanding.  Just let them know what you need and they will do their best.

• Like 1