First Time Celebrity - Drinks, wifi and Room Questions

4 minutes ago, 39august said:

I hope you are aware that a veranda guarantee can get you an "infinite veranda" which is NOT a veranda at all, but a cabin with a sun room. Not something you can walk outside on. If that is not OK with you, i suggest you take an assigned veranda in whatever class you wish. Generally, higher deck cabins are more expensive than lower deck cabins. 

Yeah I notice this. Is there anything that has the open style on the beyond shop? 

14 minutes ago, 39august said:

The Sunset Verandas across the aft of the ship and the Port Hole Veranda cabins do have actual balconies. Of course the suites also do. 

oh thank you that’s very useful we were thinking of booking one of the infinites. We’ve only ever been interior before. Looking forward to this one 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTC DAWG said:

It can vary, the highest I have seen it is around $20 PPPD plus 20% gratuity.

On our upcoming Beyond sailing, our friends were able to get the upgrade for $8.99 PPPD during a flash sale (that seemed to last a really long time!).

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, cincymel said:

On our upcoming Beyond sailing, our friends were able to get the upgrade for $8.99 PPPD during a flash sale (that seemed to last a really long time!).

$6.99 PPPD is my best score so far..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JetAwayJayne said:

the link to the document is not helpful I’m afraid. It doesn’t mention Coca Cola. On top of that it confuses things further as what is the difference between Sodas and Premium Sodas? 

Sodas are soft drinks and the brand that Celebrity carries is Coca Cola. Thus this includes Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Sprite, etc.

Premium sodas are things like energy drinks. I suspect that Ginger Beer is a Premium soda. 

I have had a Classic drinks package probably a dozen times and it always includes the normal, everyday soft drinks. 

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I can't seem to find a way to upgrade from the classic to premium. I don't see any pricing for that.

You can do it on the app or the website.  On the website, log in, find the cruise, then go to Plan My Cruise.  Scroll down a little.  If upgrading your drink package isn't one of the first  things they offer, then go to Drink packages and Experiences and choose "View Drinks".  (I saw 3 different spots to upgrade my drink package on my way down to "View Drinks".)

Pricing changes regularly, so watch for flash sales - keeping in mind the pricing people have said they've gotten so you'll know when it hits "bottom".

• Like 1

On 6/17/2024 at 9:26 PM, cincymel said:

You can do it on the app or the website.  On the website, log in, find the cruise, then go to Plan My Cruise.  Scroll down a little.  If upgrading your drink package isn't one of the first  things they offer, then go to Drink packages and Experiences and choose "View Drinks".  (I saw 3 different spots to upgrade my drink package on my way down to "View Drinks".)

Pricing changes regularly, so watch for flash sales - keeping in mind the pricing people have said they've gotten so you'll know when it hits "bottom".

It must have just updated because I had already done what you suggested. Now it's just giving me a price of $8.99 to upgrade and I had to search for the drink package price  which have dropped significantly. Classic was $72.99 now $53.99. I'm still ahead of the game with $50 for both the classic drink package and Wifi. This is like monitoring the Stock Market and hoping for a crash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Does anyone know how long after you book the All inclusive it appears? On my app it looks like I don’t have a drinks package yet as all the packages are available to select to purchase but not ‘upgrades’ to premium from classic? 

On 6/17/2024 at 4:45 AM, JetAwayJayne said:

Before boarding, will celebrity offer discounts on the drinks packages the way Royal did (up to 40% at times) - we didn't take advantage of it, so ended up with 25% discount once on board (buy one get one 50% off).  I wondered if it was the same with celebrity.

I haven't seen zero on sale at same time as the alcohol packages.  But the packages haven't dropped below 35% until just now.  Right now mine are showing a flash sale at 40%.  At $14 premium drinks & $10 classic drinks, that is pretty much 4 or 5 drinks respectively to make up the cost.  I splurged for premium.  Fingers crossed yours is the same.  Just fyi, if yours isn't on sale my cruise is about 5 weeks out for the 40% to show.  It has been going to about 35% during the holiday sales & often 20% off most of the time.  $27 is the lowest I've seen on the zero package on my cruise.  Good luck.

image_2024-06-19_021645254.png

1 hour ago, TGfromTX said:

Does anyone know if drinks get taxed extra on embarkation day?  And how much that tax is? NCL charged me taxes until about 30 minutes after the ship let dock. 

only applies in a very few countries. Where are you boarding. 

On 6/17/2024 at 9:29 AM, JetAwayJayne said:

Apologies, its Celebrity Beyond we are going on.  I am not worried about wifi, so is it better to hold out for a flash deal regarding drinks?

Nope- book with the package.

4 hours ago, the penguins said:

only applies in a very few countries. Where are you boarding. 

Fort Lauderdale FL (already booked) & considering one out of Barcelona

16 minutes ago, TGfromTX said:

Fort Lauderdale FL (already booked) & considering one out of Barcelona

I have never been charged in Port Everglades, if I have, it was such small amount I didn’t notice it..

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JetAwayJayne said:

Does anyone know how long after you book the All inclusive it appears? On my app it looks like I don’t have a drinks package yet as all the packages are available to select to purchase but not ‘upgrades’ to premium from classic? 

I just went through this. I booked on the 12th of June and it just appeared yesterday on the 18th. I checked every day.  Also the classic drink package dropped from $72.99 to $53.99.  I'm still ahead of the game at $50 with wifi being an added bonus If you book all inclusive they still offer the drink packages. Just check your invoice it should say 2 perks under promotions applied.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Thanks 1

On 6/19/2024 at 8:28 AM, TGfromTX said:

Does anyone know if drinks get taxed extra on embarkation day?  And how much that tax is? NCL charged me taxes until about 30 minutes after the ship let dock. 

NCL charged us tax on top of the DP out of New Orleans 

On 6/17/2024 at 3:48 PM, JetAwayJayne said:

is it expensive to change from Classic to Premium? 

Depending on your drinking habits for most people it's better to choose the classic and for the odd drink that is premium to pay the extra at the time - you just pay the difference plus the service on the difference.

On 6/17/2024 at 5:29 PM, JetAwayJayne said:

Yeah I notice this. Is there anything that has the open style on the beyond shop? 

very few and generally sold out. For most people it's an IV - a cabin with a window that drops down. If you are going to be 3 in the cabin goodness knows how you would all fit into the tiny space by the window if you wanted to enjoy the view. 

7 hours ago, the penguins said:

Depending on your drinking habits for most people it's better to choose the classic and for the odd drink that is premium to pay the extra at the time - you just pay the difference plus the service on the difference.

For those of us who like San Pellegrino or other "premium" water, and Spa Cafe smoothies, it is a better investment to upgrade to the premium since those categories are not included in the classic package, and would be at full cost.

1 hour ago, rotoal said:

For those of us who like San Pellegrino or other "premium" water, and Spa Cafe smoothies, it is a better investment to upgrade to the premium since those categories are not included in the classic package, and would be at full cost.

not at full cost - you only pay the difference between the maximum on Classic and the actual cost plus the 20% grat on the extra.

As I said it depends on your drinking habits.

However as with all drink packages the prices are set so that the majority of passengers lose otherwise X wouldn't be selling the packages  

Just now, the penguins said:

not at full cost - you only pay the difference between the maximum on Classic and the actual cost plus the 20% grat on the extra.

As I said it depends on your drinking habits.

For wine and other adult drinks, you only pay the difference in cost.   BUT - the premium waters and Spa Cafe drinks (which are below the $10 allowed for drinks with alcohol) - those on the classic package must pay the full price.

We prefer the premium sparkling water to the bottled water included in the classic package.   For us, it makes perfect sense to upgrade to the premium package, we get our money's worth even before having a drink with alcohol.  

The added bonus for our upcoming cruise was the discounted upgrade cost during one of the sales many months ago.