If USPS Mishandles Your Medallion Shipment …

RLM77

On 6/18/2024 at 8:49 AM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I am sure they'll give you a medallion at the terminal.

I was worried that ours wouldn't arrive in time, so I picked them up at the terminal instead. Sometimes USPS is very slow.

So what is the process for getting them at the pier.  Princess.com says to show the QR code but can't seem to find where we get the QR code.  I know it is supposed to be on the app but not there now.  Does it only show on the day of boarding?

6 minutes ago, wallyworld583 said:

So what is the process for getting them at the pier.  Princess.com says to show the QR code but can't seem to find where we get the QR code.  I know it is supposed to be on the app but not there now.  Does it only show on the day of boarding?

The QR code usually appears in the APP about 2-3 days before sail date. Do not worry as you only need passport to prove your identity. If you do not have your medallion, and it was supposed to be mailed, they will issue you a cruise card to be exchanged for a medallion at guest services, or make you a new medallion at the pier.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

The QR code usually appears in the APP about 2-3 days before sail date. Do not worry as you only need passport to prove your identity. If you do not have your medallion, and it was supposed to be mailed, they will issue you a cruise card to be exchanged for a medallion at guest services, or make you a new medallion at the pier.

3 hours ago, wallyj said:

I have seen several people boarding with cruise cards and they were being directed to guest services to exchange for a medallion 

I received receipt and shipping notification yesterday for our cruise in 3 weeks.  Oddly there was no tracking link on the email nor was there a tracking number.  I checked the last receipt that I received for our April cruise and the tracking info was there.  Of course for that one the receipt arrived AFTER we got the Medallions.  It's been a mess that's for sure!

9 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

I received receipt and shipping notification yesterday for our cruise in 3 weeks.  Oddly there was no tracking link on the email nor was there a tracking number.  I checked the last receipt that I received for our April cruise and the tracking info was there.  Of course for that one the receipt arrived AFTER we got the Medallions.  It's been a mess that's for sure!

I got mine yesterday, more than a week after the email saying it shipped, and never got a link to track it. At least it came! Wheels up for me on Friday--

• Like 2

23 hours ago, memoak said:

I have seen several people boarding with cruise cards and they were being directed to guest services to exchange for a medallion 

Apparently they are having issues with the shelf life for the batteries...

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

They were all minors and I wonder if they actually ordered them. If the parents were green lane and minors blue then something would have to give

16 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

That happened to both of us. I boarded with a dead medallion and my wife’s medallion died on day 4. The GS agent told me it was the #1 issue for GS on our cruise. Transit time for our medallions was 26 days and they arrived 5 days before we sailed. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, memoak said:

They were all minors and I wonder if they actually ordered them. If the parents were green lane and minors blue then something would have to give

Very possible....

My medallions did not arrive in time, they actually came a day after I left. At the pier they gave us cards to board and told us to go to guest services. Guest services got us new medallions and then sent us to the ocean ready merchandise place to deal with the purchases. They refunded me for the customization and band I had ordered. It was a bit of a hassle but all worked out fine. Next time I’ll pick them up at the port.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2024 at 5:34 AM, RLM77 said:

Does anyone know what the procedure is if the Postal Service mishandles a medallion shipment?  Per the tracking number our medallions have been in the hands of a USPS “delivery partner” for two weeks now.  It’s getting late and I’m starting to think they won’t arrive in time (or at all).  Given the Postal Service’s track record I suspect we’re not the first to have experienced this.  If it happened to you, how did Princess handle it?

Thanks for your insights.

Rich

Rich, USPS doesn't have your medallion yet. Once they get It, it should be in your mailbox in 2-3 days. That's how long mine takes. 

On 6/23/2024 at 9:42 AM, azbirdmom said:

Update on my Medallions.  They arrived today, 13 days before cruise.  Yay!  But I did notice something very weird.  The return address on the package was someone named Jerry in Rancho Cucamonga.  Must be someone new they are using for fulfillment but it's the second strange thing (no tracking info provided in the shipping email now a guy's name shown as the sender).  Hope Princess is saving a bundle on this new arrangement as it's perplexing to me but I guess as long as we get the Medallions before the cruise departs that's the most important thing.

image.png.d06727718af2769698a6e2a45fad9305.png

36 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It actually sounded like a punchline to a Johnny Carson joke.  "So the package arrived from Jerry from Rancho Cucamonga...".

It looks more like a code to me. Jerry is a man’s first name. But I don’t know anyone with a numerical middle name and the last name has too many consonants.

On 6/18/2024 at 7:53 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

They took my medallion in "the back room" and about 2 minutes later out came a working medallion. I assume that they just programmed a new medallion and I was off and running. Maybe this was a one-off...but that's my experience in needing a new one. 

On 6/19/2024 at 9:46 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've always wondered what exactly they do in GS when it comes to medallions with dead batteries. If I had paid closer attention with my instance I would have noticed whether or not what they gave me back had my name and ship as they normally do, or whether it was "plain" which would indicate that I had received a different (but re-programed) medallion. If it had my name then that would mean they actually replace the batteries on board. Anybody noticed with a "new" medallion?

They don't/can't replace the batteries;

they program a new medallion and put your name on it.  But onboard they only have medallions in the status colors, so if you had a custom/upgraded design your new medallion with be the basic design.

On 6/23/2024 at 6:21 PM, mickeygirl78 said:

My medallions did not arrive in time, they actually came a day after I left. At the pier they gave us cards to board and told us to go to guest services. Guest services got us new medallions and then sent us to the ocean ready merchandise place to deal with the purchases. They refunded me for the customization and band I had ordered. It was a bit of a hassle but all worked out fine. Next time I’ll pick them up at the port.

We always pick up at the port.  Adds a couple minutes to check-in.   Why people stress over a medallion being list in the Mailing beyond my understanding.   USPS does a pretty good job, but has little control until China gets it to the US.