6/20/24: Double Cruise Credits for Captain's Circle Guests with Princess Cruises' New Loyalty Accelerator Program

8 minutes ago, 555 said:

I like to look at their tabulation for a realistic total, not inflated because of some special sale. 

It’s easy enough to do because the extra days / number of cruises is very easy to identify as the line item looks different showing a blank space on the listing.  
If you don’t want the extra days, just wait until you are onboard to buy the package.  That way, you will not be given the extra days.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, 555 said:

I like to look at their tabulation for a realistic total, not inflated because of some special sale. 

The reality is that Princess has long had an “inflated” total for cruise count for solo cruisers and suite cruisers.  They just muddied the cruise day waters a bit with this promotion. A year from now it won’t matter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, J&L~SetSail said:

How did this turn out? I too only see the single credit but just got off the ship two days ago so hoping it catches up and is added soon. 

My cruise ended last Saturday and it showed up in my account today (Tuesday) without any follow up to Princess 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 9/3/2024 at 7:23 PM, RDJ said:

My cruise ended last Saturday and it showed up in my account today (Tuesday) without any follow up to Princess 👍🏻

We're just off Majestic yesterday with Sept 1 sail date and Premier pkg. My account shows 1 cruise credit and 7 additional cruise days. Are you saying it will get corrected online and I should just wait? 

On 9/9/2024 at 4:07 PM, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We're just off Majestic yesterday with Sept 1 sail date and Premier pkg. My account shows 1 cruise credit and 7 additional cruise days. Are you saying it will get corrected online and I should just wait? 

Correct, mine appeared several days after the cruise ended. Note the ‘1’ won’t turn to a ‘2’, instead a new additional line will appear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Decided why not?! Booked the little 2 nighter Vancouver for next month that will also count as 2 sailings towards loyalty. This will leave me with needing 2 more and I’ll finally be elite! A status I’ve been working toward for 20 years now 😁

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RDJ said:

Decided why not?! Booked the little 2 nighter Vancouver for next month that will also count as 2 sailings towards loyalty. This will leave me with needing 2 more and I’ll finally be elite! A status I’ve been working toward for 20 years now 😁

Well played.

1 hour ago, RDJ said:

Congratulations on getting the app/ website to work for you to purchase.  Have a great cruise!

On 9/3/2024 at 5:51 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

The reality is that Princess has long had an “inflated” total for cruise count for solo cruisers and suite cruisers.  They just muddied the cruise day waters a bit with this promotion. A year from now it won’t matter. 

Yet you have stated that you are interested in the program so you might earn a free sabatini's breakfast.  so it seems to matter.  

7 hours ago, Nathanh said:

Shame I'm already Elite but at least if they bring out a higher category which I suspect they will I will be closer to it.

image.png.49bcf68ac023697f3999eeeda03db1c5.png

Being Elite these days is no longer what it use to be. Besides eliminating some of the benefits, there are literally hundreds of elites aboard every sailing. I'm all for having a new upper category but I doubt if we'll ever see it happen and even if they do make one, what would they possibly include that wouldn't cost them money?

They're more interested in selling packages then providing perks for Elites. 

10 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Yet you have stated that you are interested in the program so you might earn a free sabatini's breakfast.  so it seems to matter.  

Are they still doing that with a milestone # of days?  
I would absolutely love that if they did.  We very rarely book a suite.  

4 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

As far as I know there the only people eligible for breakfast in Sabatini’s are full suite passengers and the person with the most days on that cruise. If there are any milestones anymore they have missed me

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

No, no milestones any longer. They offer the suite breakfast if you’re first most travelled…or at least they used to. We’ve been lucky to get it two or three times and it’s a wonderful perk, but, unless you have over 2000 days, the chances of being first are very small. 

We don’t book suites either. It would be a waste for us, though what I wouldn’t give for a second bathroom…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

No, no milestones any longer. They offer the suite breakfast if you’re first most travelled…or at least they used to. We’ve been lucky to get it two or three times and it’s a wonderful perk, but, unless you have over 2000 days, the chances of being first are very small. 

We don’t book suites either. It would be a waste for us, though what I wouldn’t give for a second bathroom…

I’ve not stayed in a suite with a second bathroom on a cruise ship but, I know there are some out there, eg: sky suites and family suites.  When they have had really good solo fares, we have gotten an inside cabin across the hall from a balcony or mini suite, mostly just for that extra bathroom, but also in case one of us got sick so, we both didn’t get sick.  
Alas, those great solo fares are gone now.  I have nowhere near 2000 days and on cruises out of San Francisco or LA, I rarely even see an invite to the MTP luncheon.  Those short cruises to Alaska out of Vancouver or Seattle attract much fewer elite level passengers.  
but wow, I’d really enjoy that Sabatini’s breakfast again.  But, we like cruising more often in cheaper cabins than getting a special breakfast on one cruise a year.  

23 minutes ago, memoak said:

As far as I know there the only people eligible for breakfast in Sabatini’s are full suite passengers and the person with the most days on that cruise. If there are any milestones anymore they have missed me

Too bad but thank you!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’ve not stayed in a suite with a second bathroom on a cruise ship but, I know there are some out there, eg: sky suites and family suites.  When they have had really good solo fares, we have gotten an inside cabin across the hall from a balcony or mini suite, mostly just for that extra bathroom, but also in case one of us got sick so, we both didn’t get sick.  
Alas, those great solo fares are gone now.  I have nowhere near 2000 days and on cruises out of San Francisco or LA, I rarely even see an invite to the MTP luncheon.  Those short cruises to Alaska out of Vancouver or Seattle attract much fewer elite level passengers.  
but wow, I’d really enjoy that Sabatini’s breakfast again.  But, we like cruising more often in cheaper cabins than getting a special breakfast on one cruise a year.  

Too bad but thank you!  

Full suites have a WC with sink and a separate room with shower and tub are with a door between them. 

2 hours ago, memoak said:

Full suites have a WC with sink and a separate room with shower and tub are with a door between them. 

Ah yes, I’ve seen that.  I was thinking of two commodes when posting which is what we always seem to need at the same time.  

18 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Ah yes, I’ve seen that.  I was thinking of two commodes when posting which is what we always seem to need at the same time.  

Exactly. The owners suites on the Pacific and Ocean Princess had two commodes. And I recall 20 years ago there were some Celebrity suites that had the same. We took one cruise in the past few years (right after the start up) that had no single supplement, and booked side by side balcony cabins. Two full bathrooms were heaven, and, after way many years of marriage, it felt slightly scandalous to ask, “Your place or mine?” every night. 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

If you book a PH suite on the Royal class; there’s a bathroom right across from the suite lounge, that literally no one ever uses. (It became our “second” bathroom on the Alaska last month haha)

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Exactly. The owners suites on the Pacific and Ocean Princess had two commodes. And I recall 20 years ago there were some Celebrity suites that had the same. We took one cruise in the past few years (right after the start up) that had no single supplement, and booked side by side balcony cabins. Two full bathrooms were heaven, and, after way many years of marriage, it felt slightly scandalous to ask, “Your place or mine?” every night. 😆

That is so funny!  When we had separate rooms one time, the crew members that knew us well pulled me aside and asked if everything was ok between us.  We got a good laugh out of that.  

• Haha 1

I’m kind of confused by this..because of this promotion; by the end of this year I’ll have 14 “cruise credits” but not 14 cruises sailed (only 11 sailed).

so does that mean the next cruise I book, I’ll turn Elite; or do I still need another 4 cruises to be elite…the website doesn’t really make it clear on what metric they’ll use.

6 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

I’m kind of confused by this..because of this promotion; by the end of this year I’ll have 14 “cruise credits” but not 14 cruises sailed (only 11 sailed).

so does that mean the next cruise I book, I’ll turn Elite; or do I still need another 4 cruises to be elite…the website doesn’t really make it clear on what metric they’ll use.

You will attain elite status AFTER your 15th cruise credit .. so only one cruise after the end of the year for you!  

12 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

You will attain elite status AFTER your 15th cruise credit .. so only one cruise after the end of the year for you!  

Ok; can I add more complexity..

during this promotion; I’m doing/did 3 cruises that are in a penthouse suite with princess plus..so..instead of 2 credits per cruise, because it’s a suite, is it four credits a pop?

Just now, KarmaCruisers said:

Ok; can I add more complexity..

during this promotion; I’m doing/did 3 cruises that are in a penthouse suite with princess plus..so..instead of 2 credits per cruise, because it’s a suite, is it four credits a pop?

Yes, it will equal 4 credits per cruise.  You’ll be there even quicker!