How to upgrade Drink Package

debgreg

Hi, 

First time on Celebrity and I have just booked AI on Ascent but I am struggling to see how I upgrade our DP from Classic to Premium. I have signed in and can see the cruise, but not the DP ? Thanks 

Are you looking in the Cruise Planner, where excursions, dining, etc are? Unless you booked very recently it should show up in the planner.  If you just booked it can take a little while for the beverage package & wi fi to be added.  Once they are then the upgrade option shows up.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Are you looking in the Cruise Planner, where excursions, dining, etc are? Unless you booked very recently it should show up in the planner.  If you just booked it can take a little while for the beverage package & wi fi to be added.  Once they are then the upgrade option shows up.

Thanks , only booked today, that might be why 😊

4 hours ago, debgreg said:

Thanks , only booked today, that might be why 😊

Unless your cruise in very soon, the best plan is to keep checking the cruise planner for a flash sale which can discount the price of the upgrade up to 40%. If you see a discount of say 25% you can book it and if there is a better discount later you can cancel you initial upgrade and repurchase at the better price.

5 hours ago, debgreg said:

Hi, 

First time on Celebrity and I have just booked AI on Ascent but I am struggling to see how I upgrade our DP from Classic to Premium. I have signed in and can see the cruise, but not the DP ? Thanks 

I book a cruse on June 11. It didn't show up in my planner until June 18 or 19.

• Like 1

I had the same problem.  It did take about a week before I could see the option to upgrade.  I was patient and kept checking and was able to take advantage of a 30% off price to upgrade which I gladly booked.  I keep hearing that Celebrity often has a flash sale around 4th of July so keep an eye out!!!

• Like 1

I just received an email there is a flash sale starting today at 30% off to upgrade.  $9.99 +20% gratuities. Just as an FYI, might be on your sailing too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, on my cruise it is saying 40% off DP at present and the premium isn’t much more than the classic. Does it matter that I booked with a TA, can I still call them ? 

I just received the Celebrity credit card and will have $300 OBC. How much is it usually to upgrade on board. We are sailing on a 4 night cruise. I'm trying to figure out if it's better to upgrade or just pay the price difference.

7 minutes ago, debgreg said:

After calling it showed up but couldn’t do it online, so called back and upgraded for £8.52 per day, well pleased 😁 

Good work..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, debgreg said:

After calling it showed up but couldn’t do it online, so called back and upgraded for £8.52 per day, well pleased 😁 

Keep looking before your cruise.  It has gone as low as £5.19 ( approx ).  We are on the Ascent too next year.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JUST TRIPPIN' said:

Keep looking before your cruise.  It has gone as low as £5.19 ( approx ).  We are on the Ascent too next year.

Wow really, I will keep checking thanks 😊. We have mostly sailed Royal so we can’t wait to see how celebrity compares 

19 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I just received the Celebrity credit card and will have $300 OBC. How much is it usually to upgrade on board. We are sailing on a 4 night cruise. I'm trying to figure out if it's better to upgrade or just pay the price difference.

Not sure if you’re aware, but you can purchase items before your cruise (eg drinks/wifi/shore excursions) and pay with your OBC. You don’t need to wait until on board to spend it. 

1 hour ago, StopTheWorld said:

Not sure if you’re aware, but you can purchase items before your cruise (eg drinks/wifi/shore excursions) and pay with your OBC. You don’t need to wait until on board to spend it. 

The OBC is from opening the credit card which I will use to pay for the cruise in order to qualify for the $1000 spent in the first 90 days. Does a $300 OBC post as a credit to my card or is it loaded to my Folio with Celebrity?