Celebrity Visa Credit Card Reward Redemption

My next cruise with Celebrity is not fully paid. If I choose credit credit on the redemption site, will it apply to the cruise I have booked now and reduce that fare? The website sort of makes me feel it a future cruise credit.

Not sure I understand.  Are you trying to use a Celebrity visa card reward as payment towards a currently booked cruise?  Typically rewards are issued for OBC, or other amenities to be redeemed on board a sailing.  I believe higher point awards that would provide cash towards, or a discount to, a sailing have to be selected for use at the time of the booking.  I would contact Celebrity or Celebrity visa to confirm your options.

Credit card points can be used at any time to pay toward the total cost of the cruise. On the CC site, you choose the exact cruise and date to apply credit to. So, I'm not sure what the OP is asking. At any rate, I believe you can call X direct and have them apply the point credit to your payment. 

1 hour ago, Cruising Papa said:

My next cruise with Celebrity is not fully paid. If I choose credit credit on the redemption site, will it apply to the cruise I have booked now and reduce that fare? The website sort of makes me feel it a future cruise credit.

Yes.  Book that cruise, redeem your points, and they will apply a credit on your credit card.

41 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not sure I understand.  Are you trying to use a Celebrity visa card reward as payment towards a currently booked cruise?  Typically rewards are issued for OBC, or other amenities to be redeemed on board a sailing.  I believe higher point awards that would provide cash towards, or a discount to, a sailing have to be selected for use at the time of the booking.  I would contact Celebrity or Celebrity visa to confirm your options.

The credit will appear on the next statement after you apply for it. It does not have to be at the time of booking. You can redeem points for either on board credit or a reduction in the fair, which is an essence just a credit on your VISA account. 

@39august There is no option to pick a cruise or cruise date on the cc site. There are options for a credit discount, on board credit, stateroom upgrade, or purchase merchandise. No additional information provided I'll choose the credit discount and keep my figures crossed. If it ends up being a future credit, then I'll just have to cruise again.

Thanks, all.

Posted (edited)

When i choose cruise discount I always see a form to fill out showing which cruise.  You have to have a booking number for that option to work.

it is never a future cruise credit.

Edited by cruisestitch

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

The credit will appear on the next statement after you apply for it. It does not have to be at the time of booking. You can redeem points for either on board credit or a reduction in the fair, which is an essence just a credit on your VISA account. 

Thanks for clarifying.

One more piece of advice.  If you don’t plan to cruise again, use the points for onboard credit.

If you plan to cruise again, cash the points in for a fare reduction,

i.e..applied to your credit card balance.  Then when you are on the ship, all new charges will go onto that credit card at the bonus rate, accruing so that the next time you cruise, you can redeem them then 

I just signed up for the card and will have as advertised $300 OBC. My billing closing date isn't until mid July the same day as final payment. I already paid $1000 on the card towards the cruise so I qualify for this offer. My question is I have to pay for the cruise before my billing cycle ends and was wondering if it's an actual OBC to be used on the ship or a credit to the credit card. I am planing to list this card to my folio. We already have the drink package, WiFi and I pre paid gratuities. Any on board spending would be towards restaurants or the price difference between a classic drink and premium drink. If it's applied to the credit card balance I might consider pre booking other packages.

You have the choice how to redeem the points. You can redeem them as on board credit. Or you can redeem them as a credit toward the balance on your credit card account. You do not have to have made final payment in order to choose the second option. You just have to have a booking number. 

On 6/21/2024 at 12:14 PM, Cruising Papa said:

@39august There is no option to pick a cruise or cruise date on the cc site. There are options for a credit discount, on board credit, stateroom upgrade, or purchase merchandise. No additional information provided I'll choose the credit discount and keep my figures crossed. If it ends up being a future credit, then I'll just have to cruise again.

Thanks, all.

Hi!  If no one has answered your question yet...you enter the cruise information after you choose the option you want on the next screen.

Howard