Crew Chat Works!

We are currently on the Sky doing the Land of Midnight Sun cruise (magnificent - I will do a review when we get home).

But I just had to give a real shout out to the Crew Chat feature and how well it works. We have used it for three separate issues, one related to our room service delivery of our canned beverage package, one related to problems with the drain in our shower, and one with a shore excursion problem. 

The response is amazing - immediate acknowledgement and promise of follow-up. All issues resolved promptly and to our satisfaction, and a subsequent phone call from Guest Services in each instance to make sure the issues were addressed by the appropriate departments. 

Princess gets a lot of flack for customer service at times, but we have been so impressed by this awesome feature, ease of use, and lightning fast resolution. Great job and kudos to Sky Princess guest services team. I would encourage everyone to use this feature on the app if they have any issue onboard. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, karatemom2 said:

We are currently on the Sky doing the Land of Midnight Sun cruise (magnificent - I will do a review when we get home).

But I just had to give a real shout out to the Crew Chat feature and how well it works. We have used it for three separate issues, one related to our room service delivery of our canned beverage package, one related to problems with the drain in our shower, and one with a shore excursion problem. 

The response is amazing - immediate acknowledgement and promise of follow-up. All issues resolved promptly and to our satisfaction, and a subsequent phone call from Guest Services in each instance to make sure the issues were addressed by the appropriate departments. 

Princess gets a lot of flack for customer service at times, but we have been so impressed by this awesome feature, ease of use, and lightning fast resolution. Great job and kudos to Sky Princess guest services team. I would encourage everyone to use this feature on the app if they have any issue onboard. 

We too had great customer service from the Crew Chat feature on our Majestic cruise to Alaska in May.  I had a couple of overcharges and they were quickly resolved using the Crew Chat feature.  

• Like 1

I have used Crew Call Chat on several occasions, mainly just to pass along some type of info that does not need immediate attention.  It's great for that.  If you are dealing with something that is *really* pressing/important...it might serve you better to pick up the phone and call GS or even make a trip there in person.  The situation dictates the method...for me, anyway.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

We are booked on the same cruise next year to celebrate our Diamond Wedding next June. I look forward to reading your review in due course. So pleased you are enjoying the cruise. 

• Like 1

I’ve never used crew chat. Wasn’t sure how it worked. So do they read it and forward to the appropriate department to handle. 

on our past cruise our toilet stopped flushing 3 times. We either told room steward or called guest services. 

We will definitely use Crew Chat next time. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alaska05 said:

I’ve never used crew chat. Wasn’t sure how it worked. So do they read it and forward to the appropriate department to handle. 

on our past cruise our toilet stopped flushing 3 times. We either told room steward or called guest services. 

We will definitely use Crew Chat next time. 

Yes, exactly. In our case our shower was not draining properly - the basin was literally filling up to the point we were worried it would overflow. I sent a message via crew chat our first day as soon as we realized the problem. Got an almost immediate reply that they would send someone to look at the issue. We went out for breakfast and trivia and some ship activities. Came back shortly before heading to lunch and ran into the maintenance man in the hall. He had just left our room and he let us know the problem with the drain had been fixed and to let them know if we had any other concerns. Sure enough, next time we used the shower it was fine! And then we also got a follow up call from guest services the next day making sure it was fixed and we were s satisfied with the resolution. No holding on line, no standing at guest services, no trying to chase down our already busy steward. It worked seamlessly!

• Like 1

We've had mixed results depending on the ship.  On our Island cruise 8 months ago we had very prompt, professional, and courteous responses.  On our Regal cruise in January we received no responses at all. On our Sapphire cruise 2 weeks ago we received a very prompt and helpful response.  We don't ask many questions/need assistance generally, and I think the premise is great -- but it depends on who is monitoring the system.  

5 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

Treat it just like walking down to guest services and explaining your problem face to face...or the same as picking up the phone to call them.  The nice thing about crew chat is that you don't tie up your valuable vacation time waiting on hold or in a line.  (The name is really a bit of a misnomer...you're "chatting" directly with guest services...)

• Like 1

If using Crew Chat that there is no audible alert when GS replies.  You have to actively check the chat for any replies.  

Crew Chat is very effective.  I was told by a GS officer that GS is held accountable for the resolutions made to problems reported through Crew Chat.  There is a paper trail and supposedly, someone from corporate audits the exchanges and replies.  Once someone's meal come back up in an elevator.  I was not prepared to see that or smell it.  I took a picture of the puddle, reported it via Crew Chat, and attached the photo.  The elevator was promptly put out of service for cleaning.

• Like 1